Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign 2 Argentinian Midfielders

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One more thing to add before bed. Poyet obviously isn't convinced they'll make it over here, otherwise they'd be on longer contracts. It's a punt on finding a rough diamond, lets hope they turn out to be just that :thumbsup:

They get the benefit of being in the shop window in the UK for a short term contract; we get the potential flairness without being committed. No downside for them - other than not getting a game. No downside for us other than we could lose one or even two great little players on a free after a year. But we know Gus has a tactic for dealing with this!

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Christ, hands off your knobs people?

These two poor f*ckers?
Even Maradona in his prime couldn't live up to the expectation levels of some people on here!

These are still young men,
Thousands of miles from home and family,
Probably unable to understand our language too well,
Maybe eating unfamiliar foods,
Almost certainly living in an alien culture,
and playing in a league where time on the ball is classed as the pre-match warm up?

It could take weeks and weeks before we see the best of them ... but some on here will still no doubt be slagging them off by half-time in the Swindon game?

Just for a change, let's break the habits of a lifetime and give em a decent chance to impress before we start getting on their backs eh? ....

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

These two poor f*ckers?
Even Maradona in his prime couldn't live up to the expectation levels of some people on here!

and playing in a league where time on the ball is classed as the pre-match warm up?

It could take weeks and weeks before we see the best of them ... but some on here will still no doubt be slagging them off by half-time in the Swindon game?

Just for a change, let's break the habits of a lifetime and give em a decent chance to impress before we start getting on their backs eh? ....

Well said. Not bad for a Lurker. You coming out of the Shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I doubt-for all the reasons you've just said-that we'll even see them play at Swindon. It seems to me that Poyet feels they're worth taking a punt on but is well aware that they might not work out, hence the one year deal. I'll be very surprised if these are anything other than squad players for the first third of the season at least.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gus's job as our manager is to sign the best available players (irrespective of nationality) to take the club forward within the financial constraints he's been set. He obviously sees some value in bringing these two over (not a cheap exercise taking into account all the relocation costs involved), and I'm willing to trust that he knows what he's talking about.

I'm sure there are some on here who just love a good moan above all else and will find any excuse to have one - either we're not signing anyone, we're not signing the right people, we may have signed good players but they're the 'wrong' nationality and we're single handedly destroying England's future World Cup chances....the list goes on.

Feb 14, 2010
foreign players would help the england team if the thick english "football people" had the intelligence to learn from them. The problem with english football i not foreign player but children brought up to think that being big is an advantae on a football field, because we le kids play on full size ptche when instead theyould be playing on 5 a side pitches to develop their skill level. The other problem i that we have professional managers that believe you should lump the ball 45 yards instead of pass and move. Chri Waddle is about the only pundit worth listening on the subject

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Lets put this into some sort of prespective here.These two chaps came from a league which is equivalent to our Blue Square or lower.I think that says it all really in my books.

If they were any good then there clubs would have asked for a fee since they are under 24 years of age,they didn't.

One is already 23 so i doubt he will improve much more otherwise he would have been snapped up by a bigger club.

Both are proper gambles by Gus which i hold little faith in as 1 year deals about sums this pair up.I expect them to be released when contracts expire and return home,

Sparrow is a quailty proven player that i'm happy to see in an Albion shirt.This is the sort of signing that will mean us given a good crack at promotion.More of this Gus please.

Bloom said that we will give it a good go this season and yet every player we have signed so far is a free which is a concern.Quality not quantity REMEMBER?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lets put this into some sort of prespective here.These two chaps came from a league which is equivalent to our Blue Square or lower.I think that says it all really in my books.

If they were any good then there clubs would have asked for a fee since they are under 24 years of age,they didn't.

One is already 23 so i doubt he will improve much more otherwise he would have been snapped up by a bigger club.

Both are proper gambles by Gus which i hold little faith in as 1 year deals about sums this pair up.I expect them to be released when contracts expire and return home,

Sparrow is a quailty proven player that i'm happy to see in an Albion shirt.This is the sort of signing that will mean us given a good crack at promotion.More of this Gus please.

Bloom said that we will give it a good go this season and yet every player we have signed so far is a free which is a concern.Quality not quantity REMEMBER?
Excuse me? We've signed players we KNOW are quality, these two are relative unknowns but we don't realy have anything to lose in this situation, in fact, I can't be f***ed arguing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Painter
Calderon
Sparrow

All QUALITY - and two of these players were a major part of the reason for our promotion form during the last five months of last season. Doing well - still more on the cards we are told. Gus and Tony doing everything they said they would at this stage.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NSC Yesterday - too many foreigners ruining English game rant

NSCToday - Argentinians and Hungarian come to Brighton and it's Amazing

Who's Hungarian?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As we dont have wikipedia..... can Turkey help us out... how were they rated on FM2010? They have Argentinean league don't they?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
yes yes yes, Baz's nickname is CHINAMAN :clap2:

China-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here