Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign 2 Argentinian Midfielders

Oct 25, 2003
i don't care if they're shit, they're both my new HEROES

not sure who i'm more excited about yet, perhaps AUGUSTIN.......even if we don't win the league, we'll easily win the FLAIR league

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just as we all lament Englands sad exit from the World Cup, how ironic that we sign two Argentinians in the hope of sparking that little bit of magic that may edge us in to The Championship.

Even here, in division 1 we can contribute to wiping out ANY chance of us ever winning international honours. Yes we get 2 flair Argies.... thats 2 less places for someone England qualified. We dump Jake Robinson because he dribbles and tries to beat his man..... but if they are foreign,thats o.k. thats the way they play.. I wonder how many English players are playing in the Argentinian 3rd tier ? none... and thats why we will always be losers at international level

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes lets play our youth team for the good of the game and play our first game at Falmer against Burton in League Two.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
you are Welsh, use your imagination

Seriously, do you really think the raffle that is an international tournament is a good enough reason to lower the quality of the Brighton and Hove Albion team? As far as I am concerned, it is a complete red herring. Fun to watch, but hardly of any great significance.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We have a South American manager. Not to expect at least one player being from the continent is being a bit naive.
If agents/players in England want to price themselves out of the game, theirs plenty of hungry footballers around the world willing to step up. These two are free signings... I doubt if theres a massive signing on fee, and and if they add value to the team great. Plenty of Scottish, Irish and Welsh in the English leagues in the past. Never heard shit about them weakening the National team..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes lets play our youth team for the good of the game and play our first game at Falmer against Burton in League Two.

And that is why we will never field an England team with any chance of competing at international level..

Its honest and true, everyone puts their club first and that is what stops us producing players, we all want a quick fix by buying Carlos Kickaball.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Just as we all lament Englands sad exit from the World Cup, how ironic that we sign two Argentinians in the hope of sparking that little bit of magic that may edge us in to The Championship.

Even here, in division 1 we can contribute to wiping out ANY chance of us ever winning international honours. Yes we get 2 flair Argies.... thats 2 less places for someone England qualified. We dump Jake Robinson because he dribbles and tries to beat his man..... but if they are foreign,thats o.k. thats the way they play.. I wonder how many English players are playing in the Argentinian 3rd tier ? none... and thats why we will always be losers at international level

If Jake Robinson was any good, he would still be here... He's not and he's gone .
As ive said somewhere else here, Gus has said its very difficult in League 1 because all the clubs are after the same players, and we are still under a wage cap until we get to Falmer.
And, maybe we just have to admit that foreign footballers are just better than we are. EVEN at Argentinian 3rd tier.....and that is mighty embarrassing !

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
And that is why we will never field an England team with any chance of competing at international level..

But England's inability to compete at international level goes way back beyond the influx of international players. Your point would be valid if in the good old days the England team had been fixtures in the World Cup or Euro finals. How many did they feature in?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Jake Robinson was any good, he would still be here... He's not and he's gone .
As ive said somewhere else here, Gus has said its very difficult in League 1 because all the clubs are after the same players, and we are still under a wage cap until we get to Falmer.
And, maybe we just have to admit that foreign footballers are just better than we are. EVEN at Argentinian 3rd tier.....and that is mighty embarrassing !

And how do our footballers get better ? So, Jake Robinson was no good so he is gone, so why not replace him with another English player and give him a chance ? no, we fall for the lure of thinking that someone from South America must be flair.... what a laugh ! they are flogging us THEIR Jake Robinsons because they are no use to them !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gus's job isn't to improve England's chances of a major trophy - it's to bring success to the Albion. He's S American, he knows how S Americans play and obviously believes that it could bring success to the Albion.

That's his remit. It's up to the FA grass roots and the youth academy staff to get English players up to scratch.

In my not very informed opinion.

Oct 25, 2003
Gus's job isn't to improve England's chances of a major trophy - it's to bring success to the Albion. He's S American, he knows how S Americans play and obviously believes that it could bring success to the Albion.

That's his remit. It's up to the FA grass roots and the youth academy staff to get English players up to scratch.

In my not very informed opinion.

:thumbsup:

plus gus has shown that he's perfectly happy to play english players, and english players from our academy

if they're good enough, it doesn't matter where they're from does it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But England's inability to compete at international level goes way back beyond the influx of international players. Your point would be valid if in the good old days the England team had been fixtures in the World Cup or Euro finals. How many did they feature in?

As time goes on, teams rise and fall, pity poor old Uraguay who won it twice but who will probably never win it again.but,when The Premiership contains only 38% English players and we are picking from a diminishing pool of players, It seems that this is trickling down the divisions now. remember that when you buy your "Made in China " England car flag in 12 years time.. mind you it will probably not be worth buying one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here