Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Player Ratings, from the SOUTHAMPTON ECHO...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I am almost MOIST with excitement for the School run shortly.

I speak to at least SIX Southampton STHs who were REGALING me with stories of the HAVOC about to be caused by their strike partnership.

My son asked me this morning "if it will be OK to make fun of *insert any name of about 10 Saints fans in his class* today?"

Me: "fill your boots my son"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Those player ratings are a JOKE

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed.

Its a GOOD day to be a Brighton fan in these parts Uncle H!

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
As I say, ratings aside, the report is very fair.

Saints fans comments are mostly generous too;

"Hats off to Brighton. Came with a game plan and executed it perfectly"

"Wish we had Elphick. He's bossed their back line, and cleaned us up today"

"Didn't see that coming. Hats off to Brighton - they played very well"

"Brighton deserved the win, over a side that just didn't show up"

etc..

That is pretty decent, given that our comments seem to always revolve around Slade/DK/White/Booker out whenever we lose, and never give the opposition any credit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I share those sentiments. Not so many where I work up here in Winchester though.

Strangely, there don't seem to be as many here today, as there usually are, either! :jester:

Looking forward to my 5-a-side tonight against a team of Saints fans, too :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+c34gLoTB23bl.jpg

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+BJiIde9F47wl.jpg

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+83992kvp4kSl.jpg

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+eIBztZdPVvcl.jpg

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+RQF665laHlcl.jpg

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+NXCtDfR_wpUl.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't wait for Mellotron to read that Murray got a FIVE. He's going to have an ANNEURISM!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I tend to think most player ratings are not very accurate.

How can you (generally speaking when not with benefit of tv replays that allow you to focus on different things each time) notice the run say Forster makes that pulls a defender away giving Murray space to run into the box, if you're focusing on Murray's collection of the ball and neat footwork? How can you notice Dicker closing down his man, taking away an option for southampton's centreback forcing him to keep the ball a little longer, if you're busy watching Dickinson pressure the centreback, forcing the mistake? If you can't see these moments, how can your points rating be a fair reflection of a players entire performance and not just the highlights/lowlights of said performance? You can't watch all the players all the time, so these ratings should always be taken with a grain of salt, one or two high profile mistakes could quite easily be compensated by the actions done off the ball that benefits the team, but you never see that, and conversely one or two moments of skill might not be enough to compensate for the errors we're not seeing that are detrimental to the team.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I think some of the low marks for Bennett are harsh. Ok, he wasn't such a force going forward, but he was moved after 5 minutes to counter the threat on their right wing, which he did. And as Gus said, once we were closing them down on their right, the rest of our team started making chances. Good team performance in my book.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
to be fair i thought their keeper was worthy of a seven, all the rest of those marks are shocking, i fancy my chances as a reporter on that premise!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trotman's FOUR was well deserved. A bit generous even, maybe. He was WOEFUL.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pointlessly bitter ratings, I don't see how you could possibly argue a 5 (FIVE) for Murray, Elphick or Tunnicliffe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed.

Murray yesterday was as close to a 10 (TEN) as I've seen from an Albion player in a long time.

I actually think the 5 may even just be a typo...Its SOOOO ridiculous.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Wouldn't you think both local rags would just get the reporter who follows his own team all over the country to give the scores for that team. Lets be fair, I don't think i could realsitically rate the scum team from yesterday, too busy watching our own lads

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Daily Echo ratings;

Michel Kuipers 6
Andrew Whing 6
Tommy Elphick 5
James Tunnicliffe 5
Adam El Abd 5
Elliott Bennett 6
Gary Dicker 6