Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Player Ratings, from the SOUTHAMPTON ECHO...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I couldn't resist an email to the Southampton Andy Naylor's

I just had to write and say "thanks"

Word has reached us in Brighton of today's Echo report of the match at St Mary's yesterday and whilst we enjoyed the generous comments in the report, what has given us the biggest laugh is you player ratings.

Its all over our message board ( http://www.northstandchat.biz )

People are having a great laugh. Not quite sure which is my favourite, but possibly your expert's rating for 2 goal man-of-the-match Glenn Murray, who you saw as worthy of a FIVE.

Now I understand that local papers are written primarily from the myopic local viewpoint, as is our very own Argus, but you've surely got to have some journalistic integrity. Unless of course you actually really thought that there was only one of the Saints players who played worse that Murray.

Anyway, not a grumble, made me laugh. Very Funny. Good luck to you. I dread to think how you rate Wycombe when you play them.

Up the Albion

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Murray was my MOM with Elph and Tunni behind - I have e-mailed my dissatisfaction to the echo - recommend everyone else does the same if only to fill up the plonkers in box!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would contend that Murray (by virtue of Dicker's quieter second half) was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Streets ahead of, for example, the lumbering Rickie Lambert.

5/10 is, because of the obvious bitterness involved, quite possibly the most amusing match rating I have ever heard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would contend that Murray (by virtue of Dicker's quieter second half) was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Streets ahead of, for example, the lumbering Rickie Lambert.

5/10 is, because of the obvious bitterness involved, quite possibly the most amusing match rating I have ever heard.

Absolutely - which is exactly why I shared it with you all.

BTW, they did give an 'Entertainment Rating of 8/10', but clarified that this was a 'better game for the neutral than the fans present'. :snigger:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think its almost impossible to give an accurate assessment of 22 or even 28 players from any given match but you do always notice the quality performances - like Murrays - in a game. Murray was a 9 yesterday and both our centre halfs were solid 8`s. That reporter is obviously a **** of the highest proportions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BTW, they did give an 'Entertainment Rating of 8/10', but clarified that this was a 'better game for the neutral than the fans present'. :snigger:

I beg to differ :lolol:

I can't remember the last time I was that entertained by an Albion game, on every level. I'd give it 11/10
:thumbsup:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
All has been revealed I have received a reply from the bloke at Southampton echo !

To: simon.walter@dailyecho.co.uk
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 4:42 PM
Subject: Saints V Brighton

Glen Murray 5 ? Did you actually go to this game - you are doing a diservice to saints fans printing this crap.

Glenn Murray was actually given an 8 although he probably deserved a 9! The sub editor responsible for the page neglected to replace the ratings for the last match from the template (last week Charlton gave possibly the worst performance seen at St Mary's this season, hence the low marks)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
All has been revealed I have received a reply from the bloke at Southampton echo !

Glen Murray 5 ? Did you actually go to this game - you are doing a diservice to saints fans printing this crap.

Glenn Murray was actually given an 8 although he probably deserved a 9! The sub editor responsible for the page neglected to replace the ratings for the last match from the template (last week Charlton gave possibly the worst performance seen at St Mary's this season, hence the low marks)

What a cock up :lol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:laugh:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

good, f***ing, grief.

:wozza:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Fair play to Simon, at least he answered the emails, here is mine and his answer:

Hi Simon . Hi Gordon.

I'm not sure who I should be directing this to, so apologies if it should be somebody else!

If so could you please email me his/her email address!

Anyway, I am a Brighton fan and am very puzzled that Glen Murray was only rated 5! After having scored two wonderful goals and having a blatant penalty denied!

Could you kindly give me a reasoning behind this score?

regards

Alan

reply:

Hi Alan,

Ironically I'm also an Albion fan and have had to field several of these emails today because the sub editor responsible for the page neglected to use the away team ratings I emailed from St Mary's. Instead he left on the template the marks given to Charlton's players for their awful performance against Southampton last wednesday (you may also have noticed that Charlton's Dailly is down as being booked) For the record I gave Glenn Murray an 8 although he probably deserved a 9.

regards

Simon

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair play to the bloke from the Echo then - at least he's owned up to a cock up - even though it wasn't his personally.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Fair play to Simon, at least he answered the emails, here is mine and his answer:

Hi Simon . Hi Gordon.

I'm not sure who I should be directing this to, so apologies if it should be somebody else!

If so could you please email me his/her email address!

Anyway, I am a Brighton fan and am very puzzled that Glen Murray was only rated 5! After having scored two wonderful goals and having a blatant penalty denied!

Could you kindly give me a reasoning behind this score?

regards

Alan

reply:

Hi Alan,

Ironically I'm also an Albion fan and have had to field several of these emails today because the sub editor responsible for the page neglected to use the away team ratings I emailed from St Mary's. Instead he left on the template the marks given to Charlton's players for their awful performance against Southampton last wednesday (you may also have noticed that Charlton's Dailly is down as being booked) For the record I gave Glenn Murray an 8 although he probably deserved a 9.

regards

Simon

Your e-mail was alittle more polite than mine:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here