Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Player Ratings, from the SOUTHAMPTON ECHO...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great thread.

These would've been the worst ratings I'd ever heard of for a game, but I now see it was a cock/stitch up.

the sub editor responsible for the page neglected to use the away team ratings I emailed from St Mary's
Could you thank him for the reply (no doubt you've already done that) and ask him to email the ratings he had done for our team?

Marking Murray down to an 8 (when he thought he deserved a 9) seems like sensible local paper bias, it would be nice to see what the paper was going to give for the rest. FDM had a great match, only failing to save an unstoppable penalty.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Simon is a massive Albion fan, I can wholeheartedly vouch for him.
Unfortunately some of us have to go where our jobs take us, and I would say his colleague definitely stitched him up.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
KFC gonna love this!
We need to get a retraction and apology from the Echo editor and to publish the correct scores, not least to salvage Simon's reputation.
I agree GOLD!!
PG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Echo

Argus
Michel Kuipers 8
Andrew Whing 7
Tommy Elphick 8
James Tunnicliffe 8
Adam El Abd 8
Elliott Bennett 6
Gary Dicker 8
Andrew Crofts 8
Dean Cox 7
Nicky Forster 7
Glenn Murray 9

They only agree on Bennett and Cox

Thats almost as bad! el abd 8 whing 7? Dicker and crofts 8?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha.

As I was reading these ratings the first time, I actually said to my wife, "This is ridiculous, these must be from a different game, or something".

Innit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Great thread.

These would've been the worst ratings I'd ever heard of for a game, but I now see it was a cock/stitch up.

Could you thank him for the reply (no doubt you've already done that) and ask him to email the ratings he had done for our team?

Marking Murray down to an 8 (when he thought he deserved a 9) seems like sensible local paper bias, it would be nice to see what the paper was going to give for the rest. FDM had a great match, only failing to save an unstoppable penalty.

Thanked Simon, I double emailed Simon and Gordon from Hans links and Gordon replied this morning. :)

Well done to both of them for not just binning our emails :clap::clap:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the email (sorry if someone else has already replied, as I'm only back in the office today). I wasn't at the game this weekend, as I was away, but I've found out what happened, as my inbox is crammed full of similar messages!

In a nutshell, Simon covered the game and sent back the player marks, along with everything else for the match spread. Unfortunately, in the rush of getting it all sent away by deadline, one of the sub-editors forgot to put the Brighton marks in...unfortunately, the last marks on the page were the ones I gave to the Charlton players in midweek.

I know it's not a great deal of use, but if you would like to see the actual marks Simon sent back I have pasted them below.

Apologies,
Gordon

Brighton: Michel Kuipers 8
Andrew Whing 6
Tommy Elphick 7
Adam El-Abd 7
James Tunnicliffe 6
Dean Cox 7
Gary Dicker 7
Andrew Crofts 8
Elliott Bennett6
Nicky Forster 7
Glenn Murray 8
Subs: Gary Hart 6 for Cox (60), Alan Navarro 6 for Bennett (75), Liam Dickinson 6 (Forster 75)
Not used: Smith, Virgo, Livermore, Davies

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Those ratings look MUCH more reasonable!

Apart from Tunnicliffe - harsh.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My brother has scanned yesterday's Echo report - and managed to miss out the Albion player ratings! Don't think I can attach pdf files, unless anyone knows different....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Difficult to argue with those ratings

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
100% straight up. :thumbsup:

Referee;
Keith Friend 7
"Looked to have made the right calls on all the big decisions"

Apart from our clear cut pen and giving one against us 5 secs after it had happened and with no way he saw the incident properly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here