Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion parking price reduction

Yes I do get there early, usually around 1:15 or so for a Saturday game. It suits me as I then have something to eat and drink at the ground and generally soak up the atmosphere. I think car park 3 is for disabled only but I expect to get in car park 4 nearly every game and have only been in 5 about twice. I still think the University will be the better option for getting away after the game than trying to be one of 650 squeezing out through the tunnel entrance. It will be interesting to see if I've made the right choice.

Incidently some on here have said they have had letters asking if they would like to renew their car park season. I haven't had mine yet but to anyone who has, does it ask you which car park you would prefer, i.e University or the new one.

According to the extension planning application that was approved last week car park 5 is going to be designated for disabled parking only (91 spaces), this seems to be the only disabled parking next season at the UoS.
My car park renewal letter doesn't specify a location but the final paragraph reads:
"To renew your car parking space or if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact customer services on 0845 873 0251 who will be happy to help".
They told me yesterday that we had until 16/17 May to renew so I'd give them a call - btw, you'll need your fan number.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
According to the extension planning application that was approved last week car park 5 is going to be designated for disabled parking only (91 spaces), this seems to be the only disabled parking next season at the UoS.
My car park renewal letter doesn't specify a location but the final paragraph reads:
"To renew your car parking space or if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact customer services on 0845 873 0251 who will be happy to help".
They told me yesterday that we had until 16/17 May to renew so I'd give them a call - btw, you'll need your fan number.

Yes thank you. I phoned and renewed, no problem, and an e-mail confirmation was sent.

Incidently I chatted to the telephone op about the new Bridge Car Park. He mentioned that the exit will be via 2 seperate ways, i.e under the bridge and one other exit. I'm not sure if thats right because I'm sure that Martin Perry mentioned at the Council meeting that only the bridge exit was being used.

Yes thank you. I phoned and renewed, no problem, and an e-mail confirmation was sent.

Incidently I chatted to the telephone op about the new Bridge Car Park. He mentioned that the exit will be via 2 seperate ways, i.e under the bridge and one other exit. I'm not sure if thats right because I'm sure that Martin Perry mentioned at the Council meeting that only the bridge exit was being used.

Yep MP certainly said they'd be no access via Moulsecoomb and, more importantly, so did the council officer responsible for the transport aspects of the application.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Confirmed disabled car parking space at the new Bridge Car Park today = £130 for the season/£6 a game. It will be interesting to compare access and (in particular) egress with Bennetts Field but tbh by the time we get down there after a game I'm guessing everyone else will be gone - my missus is not the fastest :)

Confirmed disabled car parking space at the new Bridge Car Park today = £130 for the season/£6 a game. It will be interesting to compare access and (in particular) egress with Bennetts Field but tbh by the time we get down there after a game I'm guessing everyone else will be gone - my missus is not the fastest :)

According to the planning application the club will be providing transport from this Car Park to the stadium for disabled spectators, as they do currently from CP5 at the UoS. No idea what this will comprise though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I sent Sally an e-mail a couple of weeks or so ago but no reply as yet - I suspect they don't know themselves and even more probable, that they haven't even thought about it yet :lol: My guess is that the easy option for them is to get LB's organisation to take it on - hope so anyway although in truth I think it will still make sense to not rush away after games - I'd rather waitwith a coffee and a pie at the ground than sitting in a gridlocked car park With a 200 mile drive home it really doesn't make any difference

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
According to the planning application the club will be providing transport from this Car Park to the stadium for disabled spectators, as they do currently from CP5 at the UoS. No idea what this will comprise though.

2424-1081.jpg

I sent Sally an e-mail a couple of weeks or so ago but no reply as yet - I suspect they don't know themselves and even more probable, that they haven't even thought about it yet :lol: My guess is that the easy option for them is to get LB's organisation to take it on - hope so anyway although in truth I think it will still make sense to not rush away after games - I'd rather waitwith a coffee and a pie at the ground than sitting in a gridlocked car park With a 200 mile drive home it really doesn't make any difference
There were some quite detailed plans for a suitable route between the new car park and the stadium that were submitted with the planning application. My organisation would be happy to be asked to provide the service, but - so far - there's been no approach. But it's early days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here