Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion parking price reduction

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We parked in uni last year and worked great for us even cheaper this year so thumbs up for us , but does anyone know the entrance and exits for the new car park at old falmer school wouldn't think they would have 650 cars driving through moulscombe estate or only other entrance is the single lane through the narrow tunnel under railway track ,

Entrance is through the tunnel just off Lewes Road - no entry/exit from Moulscoomb

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yep I was going to renew regardless of the price, but the fact it's lower is a bonus.
I find it very convenient, a nice stroll from the uni up to the Swan, an amble round to the stadium and a short walk back to the uni after the game and no queues !

I can see this being a slow car park to get out of after the game like bennets field

It'll be controlled by the same TL's as the exit from the UoS car parks and these are rarely a problem. What might be interesting is the tail back from the rh turn into Coldean Lane. This causes some delay even now, although it may be improved when/if a CPZ is introduced, thus preventing the 250 or so cars from parking in Coldean on matchdays

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another pop from a Groovy Gang member :clap:

Any way if anything this price should rise to discourage cars near the stadium and everyone to us greener transport.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Or perhaps, with it being reduced, it might deter people from parking in Coldean and Moulescoombe

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another pop from a Groovy Gang member :clap:

Any way if anything this price should rise to discourage cars near the stadium and everyone to us greener transport.

But then there'd be moans, 'the queue for the train is too long, the queue for the bus is too long' etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For those Bennetts Field parkers who watched THE VERY END of games, there were still tense and angry faces in the horrendous queue to get out at the last 2 home games, and annoyance at the buses and coaches took priority.

650 cars, all through a small exit, when last in priority ... didn't sit well with typically impatient British drivers.

I don't really mind the buses and coaches having some sort of priority, after all, while they are loading up with passengers the cars could be let out in batches' Sadly this doesn't happen as the stewards in Village Way let the cars that stream out from the university car park have priority, and not the Bennetts Field parkers. In each batch they let out about half the number of cars from BF than they do from the University.*

*Stat fact, I have counted them while sitting in the queue from BF.

So, how much do the Brighton fans who park in the university pay for their parking?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't really mind the buses and coaches having some sort of priority, after all, while they are loading up with passengers the cars could be let out in batches' Sadly this doesn't happen as the stewards in Village Way let the cars that stream out from the university car park have priority, and not the Bennetts Field parkers. In each batch they let out about half the number of cars from BF than they do from the University.*

So, how much do the Brighton fans who park in the university pay for their parking?

I don't get that. I'm probably being dim but the two roads exciting from the university are not governed by stewards as far as I'm concerned. If in the top car park, one simply sails out (at least to the east where I'm headed) and onto the A27. If in a lower car park, one simply joins a queue to the west exit and then goes when the traffic lights dictate.

There will always be a problem arising from the fact that not every driver is prepared to shell out for a whole season's parking. The Club needs to make it very clear that the ONLY option for this group of drivers is to use Park & Ride. And that includes away fans.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get that. I'm probably being dim but the two roads exciting from the university are not governed by stewards as far as I'm concerned. If in the top car park, one simply sails out (at least to the east where I'm headed) and onto the A27. If in a lower car park, one simply joins a queue to the west exit and then goes when the traffic lights dictate.

I'm refering to Village Way, which goes past the entrance to the stadium coach/bus park and Bennetts Field car park. After games as each bus and coach fills up they are let out into the traffic coming from the University of Brighton car park. Cars exiting BF are then let out by Stewards in small batches after each couple of busses into the traffic. The traffic from the UoB car park gets stopped only to let the buses out and the small number of cars they let out behind them. The parkers who use the UoB car park get significant priority over those leaving BF. It's frustrating as 99% of them are clearly using their access to UoB to park for the football, or for drop off/pick ups, I just think it would be fairer to allow the same numbers of cars from each parking area to leave in each batch.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

We pay the same as at Bennetts Field I thought. Last season it was £360, this year its going down to £270 I understand. I thought BF was reserved for Platinum seat holders, disabled and visiting nobs. When I applied for parking last year I wasn't given an option where I wanted to be, I was just given the University.

I must say I have found it absolutely spot on. I often stay till the end and clap the team off, head to the car park and am often home in Mile Oak by 5:20. Its often a bit slower for evening games, I think Liverpool was the worst, but I normally drive out, turn right for Coldean Lane and then home in another 15. Being a lazy sod I originally wanted to park in Bennets Field as its less far to walk, but I'm glad I am where I am. I'm not sure that the new car park is much of an option if offered because 650 cars trying to get out through that bridge could take some time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
We pay the same as at Bennetts Field I thought. Last season it was £360, this year its going down to £270 I understand. I thought BF was reserved for Platinum seat holders, disabled and visiting nobs. When I applied for parking last year I wasn't given an option where I wanted to be, I was just given the University.

I must say I have found it absolutely spot on. I often stay till the end and clap the team off, head to the car park and am often home in Mile Oak by 5:20. Its often a bit slower for evening games, I think Liverpool was the worst, but I normally drive out, turn right for Coldean Lane and then home in another 15. Being a lazy sod I originally wanted to park in Bennets Field as its less far to walk, but I'm glad I am where I am. I'm not sure that the new car park is much of an option if offered because 650 cars trying to get out through that bridge could take some time.

Are you talking University of Brighton or University of Sussex? I thought all the official paid for spaces were in the UoS, I'm refering to the cars coming out of UoB.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I think it also depends where you park in the University as to what exit your asked to use when leaving. Normally I get there fairly early and I think Car Parks 3,4 & 5 use the same exit as they enter by, i.e. past the Stanmer Park entrance and then south towards Brighton. I think those that park in the other car parks at the University are directed to the North exit and therefore converge with the buses and BF traffic and thats what causes the problem.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Are you talking University of Brighton or University of Sussex? I thought all the official paid for spaces were in the UoS, I'm refering to the cars coming out of UoB.

Sorry I was talking about the University of Sussex. I didn't know there was a UofB car park near the ground that people could park. Where's that located?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry I was talking about the University of Sussex. I didn't know there was a UofB car park near the ground that people could park. Where's that located?

The UoB is at the end of Village Way, go past the entrance to the stadium bus/car park and on to the end of the road. That's where the UoB car park is, there are no official Football parking spaces there, there is a (Virgin?) gym up there too, I have a feeling a lot of 'gym' users leave the 'gym' at just about the same time as a match ends, often on Saturday afternoons around 5pm and Tuesday evenings around 9.45pm :glare:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bennett's Field is clearly rubbish. If I were there, I'd be doing all I could to get my space moved over the A27 to Sussex University.

On a Saturday, having seen every kick of the game as well as the referee's final whistle I was at Gatwick by 5:30. Most of those unfortunate enough to be lumbered with Bennett's Field would still be admiring the Amex out of their window at that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here