Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion parking price reduction

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aplogies for the new thread, but I could not locate the previous thread(s) where parking price reductions were being discussed.

But, my father has just renewed his disabled parking space in Bennett's Field and the price has dropped by £50. He paid only £135 as opposed to £185 for last season.

As disabled parking is charged at 50% of the full price, this might mean there will be a £100 reduction for able-bodied parking. Then again it might not.

Make of this what you will.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
very reasonable response - bike riders can't really complain at the inclusion of travel into the ST price because it covers providing an area to park (don't see any justification why they should get way with free parking :lol:) so that just leaves the "walkers" to moan - and I'm sure they will :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A decent reduction but some would argue it was just too expensive in the first place.

Given that not all of the parking spaces were taken up this is a valid argument.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Given that not all of the parking spaces were taken up this is a valid argument.

I used it for myself, brother and my two kids. He works late sometimes so it was essential if we were to travel together. It was expensive but shared between two of us was still great value. And at most it took only a few minutes queuing after each match. The price drop is fantastic!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The cost reduction won't assist the massive jam of red-faced :rant: angry petrolheads trying to get out, whilst bus/coach fans get away smoothly & quickly. :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did you not read my post?

For those Bennetts Field parkers who watched THE VERY END of games, there were still tense and angry faces in the horrendous queue to get out at the last 2 home games, and annoyance at the buses and coaches took priority.

650 cars, all through a small exit, when last in priority ... didn't sit well with typically impatient British drivers.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
For those Bennetts Field parkers who watched THE VERY END of games, there were still tense and angry faces in the horrendous queue to get out at the last 2 home games, and annoyance at the buses and coaches took priority.

650 cars, all through a small exit, when last in priority ... didn't sit well with typically impatient British drivers.

This.

If the Police weren't nearby, some of the drivers look like they'd like to push past the steward managing their flow.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Ah, good point. The parking at the university has never been like that.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
At £270 I might be tempted for next season. Anyone know when they will accept orders from new customers?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used it for myself, brother and my two kids. He works late sometimes so it was essential if we were to travel together. It was expensive but shared between two of us was still great value. And at most it took only a few minutes queuing after each match. The price drop is fantastic!

I tend to agree. Split it between 4 and it's reasonably priced.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We parked in uni last year and worked great for us even cheaper this year so thumbs up for us , but does anyone know the entrance and exits for the new car park at old falmer school wouldn't think they would have 650 cars driving through moulscombe estate or only other entrance is the single lane through the narrow tunnel under railway track ,

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
At £270 I might be tempted for next season. Anyone know when they will accept orders from new customers?

I just called up and put myself on a waiting list, tho was told I should get one this season. Just need to decide now if £270 is worth it for the number of games I'll actually drive too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here