Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Have A Bad Week Shock Horror

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
I dont have a problem but you seem to.

What truth? The board want relegation? The board want to make ends meet.

Have to agree, if we were in a nice big stadium and evrything was hunky dorey then I would have to say "What are trhe board doin?"

However, we have no nice big ground and therefore no money. The money we do have is going towards getting a nice big ground and securing our future.

Our time will come and I believe we will challenge to go a league even further but for the mean time we have to look at our situation realistically. I am quite sure the board know we need a striker desperately!!

Do you want Falmer or a red hot 30 goals a season striker?

Personally, I'll settle for Falmer for now!

:clap2:

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Northstander said:
Have to agree, if we were in a nice big stadium and evrything was hunky dorey then I would have to say "What are trhe board doin?"

However, we have no nice big ground and therefore no money. The money we do have is going towards getting a nice big ground and securing our future.

Our time will come and I believe we will challenge to go a league even further but for the mean time we have to look at our situation realistically. I am quite sure the board know we need a striker desperately!!

Personally, i would settle for a warm 20 goal-a-season striker, and a new ground at any site. :smokin:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
The Northstander said:

JP will take one look at the League table when the Inquiry is finished and take that into consideration.

Personally I would like a striker in the short term to enable us to score goals, accumulate points and a better league position for when the crunch decision comes.

Perhaps a new 'hero' to acclaim might mean a few more shirts sold at the shop benefitting the club in two ways or is that too much of a marketing plan for the Albion to recognise?

I want a new stadium but whether it is Falmer or somewhere else in the city boundary I don't care as long as it's got a roof. Perhaps a little less money on lawyers fees would pay for our striker?? Why not get them to reduce their fees in return for an advertising board at the ground. Perhaps this might help release some funds for a few goals??

I know we have no money but how come Brentford, yes I said BRENTFORD, have been able to afford Messrs Salako, Harper and Lawrence when they get less than us??

:shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
binary said:
JP will take one look at the League table when the Inquiry is finished and take that into consideration.
Good grief, are there STILL people around who actually believe this ?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
binary said:

Personally I would like a striker in the short term to enable us to score goals, accumulate points and a better league position for when the crunch decision comes.

Perhaps a new 'hero' to acclaim might mean a few more shirts sold at the shop benefitting the club in two ways or is that too much of a marketing plan for the Albion to recognise?

I want a new stadium but whether it is Falmer or somewhere else in the city boundary I don't care as long as it's got a roof. Perhaps a little less money on lawyers fees would pay for our striker?? Why not get them to reduce their fees in return for an advertising board at the ground. Perhaps this might help release some funds for a few goals??

I know we have no money but how come Brentford, yes I said BRENTFORD, have been able to afford Messrs Salako, Harper and Lawrence when they get less than us??

HA HA HA HA ............lAWYERS FEES. I hope you are prepared for the usual smokescreen of "privileged information" and do you want lawyers on the cheap etc.

The fact is the board do not care what division were are playing in even if it is conference or below. Falmer is the be all and end all.

It is a shame that even the mediocre size of the new stadium will be half empty and played on by a group of local kids. We'd be better off on Preston Park and jumpers for goalposts.

"Falmer for F all"

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
What amazes me, Pavilionaire, is your belief (shared by many others on here, again amazingly) that McGhee isn't working flat out, every waking moment of his day, in trying to bring a striker in.

The facts are that Prem clubs are being slow to release loan players (as Ian Holloway complained last week) and even those that can be spared (such as with our imminent deal with Dexter Blackstock) are being held onto as clubs reassess their priorities following injuries and poor form.

We have a set playing budget which we can't breach because the club is in enough financial bother as it already. That budget means that most suitable players that become available, eg. MacCammon, we can't afford.

These are the realities of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

We can either moan about these realties to our hearts content, which won't change a single thing in the real world, or get behind the manager and try and raise the atmosphere at Withdean, which was for me too subdued given the last fine win over Leeds.

Is it just me or are you a condescending person?

I didn't say McGhee wasn't working flat out, I just question his judgement - as fans of Leicester, Reading, Wolves and, most recently, Millwall, have done before me.

Who said anything about Prem strikers coming to the Albion? Not me. Sure, Blackstock would have been great, but I assume we're also looking at divisions below us as well?

If you can't buy in then you have to wheel and deal. I don't see why we can't seek to loan one of the 5 or 6 good pros who aren't anywhere near the 1st XI to free up some wages.

I do support McGhee, I go home and away, but when you see a man making mistakes that lead to us dropping points you have to speak out. What was your stance on Hinshelwood? I suppose you backed him all the way as well?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Pavilionaire said:
Is it just me or are you a condescending person?

I didn't say McGhee wasn't working flat out, I just question his judgement - as fans of Leicester, Reading, Wolves and, most recently, Millwall, have done before me.

Who said anything about Prem strikers coming to the Albion? Not me. Sure, Blackstock would have been great, but I assume we're also looking at divisions below us as well?

If you can't buy in then you have to wheel and deal. I don't see why we can't seek to loan one of the 5 or 6 good pros who aren't anywhere near the 1st XI to free up some wages.

I do support McGhee, I go home and away, but when you see a man making mistakes that lead to us dropping points you have to speak out. What was your stance on Hinshelwood? I suppose you backed him all the way as well?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Personally I think we need at least 2 new strikers!! I'm afraid poor little Leon is simply not up to playing at this level, no matter how much effort he puts in to a match and I admit he did try hard against Crewe without ever looking like scoring, which is after all what he is paid to do.

Obviously in our financial position there is seemingly no chance of 1 new striker, never mind 2 but the problem is really the overall lack of quality in the squad. Last Saturdays program listed approx 30 Albion players and with the exception of perhaps half a dozen, the rest are simply not up to the Championship, and this was proved when we were relegated last time with many of the same players still on the books.

I would be far happier with a smaller squad of greater quality and it may be a good thing that so many players are out of contract next summer if it gives the manager a chance to rebuild with better players. Keep the few that are up to it and get rid of the rest, whoever they may be. There is no room for sentiment, the clubs future is more important that the feelings of individual players. In any case, I can't exactly see other clubs rushing to pick up our cast offs so it is likely they would be prepared to re sign rather than be out of a job!

On financial matters, I well understand the problems but I would have thought that we should be seeing the benefits of the club now running Withdean rather than paying exorbitant sums to Ecovert. Last April I recall that DK said this should save in excess of £300k per year. Perhaps the "benefit" is that by now we would have simply gone out of business if the costs had not been reduced because these savings dont appear to have been invested in the playing staff. Maybe we are not being told quite how serious the financial crisis is and maybe it is only a matter of time before administration. Given MM's insistance that he has no funds at all to strengthen the squad, (presumably Saints would have continued to pay Blackstocks wages had he come on loan as they simply wanted him to get a regular competative match), the situation does look a bit bleak!

However, I believe that it is vitally important for the club to remain in the championship if Falmer is going to be approved as that is the only way that the stadium can be made to pay. With the stadium costing £45m after grants etc we are probably still looking to borrow maybe £30m and even at 5% the interest alone is £1.5m and there is no way on earth this can be serviced playing in front of a few thousand in league 1.

The point is that the team and Falmer are not capable of being separated. Without a side capable of surviving in the championship, pulling in crowds of perhaps around £14K Falmer will not happen and we will not regularly get anywhere near that level as a struggling mid table league 1 side.

In reality the only people who can do anything about this are the directors as they are reasonably wealthy and hopefully are fully aware of the clubs exact financial position. If they want to see the dream of Falmer become reality, I'm afraid they are going to have to dig into there pockets to provide MM with the funds to keep us up for the next 3 years until Falmer is ready. If they dont want to do this then we are looking for miracles!

This is not being pessamistic, simply realistic! Sorry!

:falmerspi

Is it just me... or does anyone else think that Saint Lennard, The Auditor and Binary are all one and the same poster?
If they are not, then it's a shame that we have three such negative, pessimistic and condescending fans at this club.
If they are in fact one person creating three logins in order to add support to his own tiresome views, how sad.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lokki 7 said:
Is it just me... or does anyone else think that Saint Lennard, The Auditor and Binary are all one and the same poster?
If they are not, then it's a shame that we have three such negative, pessimistic and condescending fans at this club.
If they are in fact one person creating three logins in order to add support to his own tiresome views, how sad.

What abiout Bens grandad or even Sully couldn't shoot they have been on here saying the same thing. We need to stay in this division. Even SI 4 BH who is a new bod to this site is singing from this hymnn sheet. How many more have to say this message before you understand that there is a growing number of Albion fans that want Championship football and don't want Falmer to die at this final hurdle or if we get it have it half (if that) full because we are stuck in the lower leagues with a group of kids for a team and Hinshelwood Mk 2 as the manager. I think it's fair enough seeing as we are paying Premiership prices to get soaked evry week.

I am happy for you that you are not sick of being taken for a ride by a club trying to do it on the cheap. Good for you. But just because others do not agree with you do not be so ridiculous to think there is only one albion supporter that does not think the everything is rosey.

Oh and also, I cant log in as someone else as the pc i use (at work) won't let me. I don't know if it is to do with cookies etc sorry i am not an it whizzo.

So you are holding up Bens Grandad as a shining example of someone who has seen the light. How can you expect me to take anything else you say seriously? :lolol:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lokki 7 said:
So you are holding up Bens Grandad as a shining example of someone who has seen the light. How can you expect me to take anything else you say seriously? :lolol:

You don't have to take anything i put on this board seriously. Just accept that i have an opinion like everyone else and i refuse to follow DK like a sheep. Our lemming like attitude lead us into the Archer era because we left it too late to ask questions etc. I don't want that to happen again because i don't think the club can survive anything similar again.

And before you say it yes DK did pull us out from the brink. But that was then and this is now. Sentimentality will just mean we go looking for Mike Bambers descendants.

I just find it worrying that you feel that cos a group of peeople doesn't do the DK jig that they must all be the same person. Still i am grateful that you haven't gone down the NIMBY route.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lokki 7 said:

Thats a new one - what other logins do I have? Am I all the recent new members?
Its about opinions - I happen to often agree with them and many others on here - your paraniod - do I share the same DOB and email address or location as the others - no !! - grow up and stick to posting about the Albion:salute: :tosser:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whoah there St Lennard!!!

I have pointed out that buyign a new striker could mean the difference between staying in the league and gettign Falmer or not. Hwoever, at no time have I criticised what the club is doing. I do nto support your suspicion of DKs behaviour or think that the club is buying Archered again.

So please don't use my messages as evidence that you are right. I offered a point of view as to why we need a striker... that's all.

Saint Lennard said:
And before you say it yes DK did pull us out from the brink. But that was then and this is now.

Ah yes, here and now. Clear of the relegation zone in the Championship, an experienced manager at the helm and possibly weeks away from a yes decision on Falmer. BUT WE HAVE LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW! 2 TO FORMER PREM SIDES! You are right SL, Dick Knight out now! He has raped this club for too long :censored:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lokki 7 said:
Ah yes, here and now. Clear of the relegation zone in the Championship, an experienced manager at the helm and possibly weeks away from a yes decision on Falmer. BUT WE HAVE LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW! 2 TO FORMER PREM SIDES! You are right SL, Dick Knight out now! He has raped this club for too long :censored:

Falmers is months away if not years and we are hardly clear of the relegation places are we! So what if we lost to ex prem sides - this is all about getting 51 points and I think despite the good job MM is doing we need a proven striker to do that.
You dont have to agree but cut the crap this is my opinion and mine alone !! (not BG SL or any other non believer!)

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Whoah there St Lennard!!!

I have pointed out that buyign a new striker could mean the difference between staying in the league and gettign Falmer or not. Hwoever, at no time have I criticised what the club is doing. I do nto support your suspicion of DKs behaviour or think that the club is buying Archered again.

So please don't use my messages as evidence that you are right. I offered a point of view as to why we need a striker... that's all.

SCS i thought that would wake you up!!!! I was surprised at your hypocritical standpoint and am glad that you need to be seen to be in with LI, Lokki7, El Preseidente etc who are of course all the same person:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

We have no money for a striker so live with it. The board will not give MM any money for a striker so live with it. If those players that are out of contract leave at the end of the season on Bossmans then live with it. If we have no manager live with it. If we end up playing youth team players and are managed by Hinshelwood again then live with it. Oh and while your there why don't you trot of to Brightonfans.com and following all the other lemmings there.

If you do not care about these issues then be prepared to watch conference football while getting soaked at the withdean or if you're lucky at an empty Falmer whilst STILL paying Premiership prices.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

The Auditor said:
Falmers is months away if not years and we are hardly clear of the relegation places are we!

I thought the bottom three went down from this division? Have they changed the rules?
And I said a Falmer DECISION if you read my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here