Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 'fear' Norwich will return for Mackail-Smith

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If we don't get promoted this season then yes we would probably be best to let him go and enjoy the premier League, But to sell him before he helps us get promotion is a bit stupid.

Even if we were Offered £10M for him in Jan!, What do you think the reward for promotion to premier league is compared to that.!
In 2009/2010 Blackburn received £42.1 Million in TV cash and prize money alone for finishing just outside the relegation Zone!.
Then add lucrative Sponsorship deals, Merchandise sales going up through roof, Etc etc etc..

Being in the premier League is a whole different ball game. And one that I think we are ready for now.
Which is why we shouldn't be selling our best players to Premier League Clubs like Norwich, Just so they can stay in the premier League.

Were the Club that is more equipped to be in the Premier League then Norwich City, And they should be feeding us there players. Not the Other way around.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If we don't get promoted this season then yes we would probably be best to let him go and enjoy the premier League, But to sell him before he helps us get promotion is a bit stupid.

Even if we were Offered £10M for him in Jan!, What do you think the reward for promotion to premier league is compared to that.!
In 2009/2010 Blackburn received £42.1 Million in TV cash and prize money alone for finishing just outside the relegation Zone!.
Then add lucrative Sponsorship deals, Merchandise sales going up through roof, Etc etc etc..

Being in the premier League is a whole different ball game. And one that I think we are ready for now.
Which is why we shouldn't be selling our best players to Premier League Clubs like Norwich, Just so they can stay in the premier League.

Were the Club that is more equipped to be in the Premier League then Norwich City, And they should be feeding us there players. Not the Other way around.

Prize money increasing by 70% next season-if we're going up, this season is as good as any. An on form Marka is crucial to our promotion aspirations-it's what we bought him for.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Very well put. End of the season is fair to both club and player.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
In today's Argus Gus says they were fearful that Norwich would come back with an offer late on Friday. Presume that means that as with Nooney. if a club offers a sum that matches our valuation then we would sell as long as the player could agree terms. So, if in January Norwich meet our valuation and offer CMS a fantastic deal then we may lose him. Also Norwich not far from Peterbourgh. Has CMS any strong ties with East Anglia?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the ' fear' factor is in them making their interest known and the carrot that they dangle of premiership football and an increase in wages, as happened with Bennett.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In today's Argus Gus says they were fearful that Norwich would come back with an offer late on Friday. Presume that means that as with Nooney. if a club offers a sum that matches our valuation then we would sell as long as the player could agree terms. So, if in January Norwich meet our valuation and offer CMS a fantastic deal then we may lose him. Also Norwich not far from Peterbourgh. Has CMS any strong ties with East Anglia?

His partner is Barry Fry's daughter.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
PLEASE stop the CNS sycophancy. He has scored two good goals against a below average championship team and two very lucky goals against a very poor Barnsley side.

I think he will generally again struggle this season though I obviously hope I'm wrong.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nothing to fear what's so ever,by January we would like to think we're gunning for promotion,so why sell him at tat time regardless of valuations etc etc.I would suspect norwich will be heading down this season anyway,in our position we should certainly be abled to say fu*k off he's not for sale,the only way we should sell is if the player wants to leave end of.

He's not going anywhere this season and im sure bloom would think this way if he wants promotion.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How quickly people change, two weeks ago Poyet was practically telling clubs to put their bids in "put up or shut up" was it??? or something like that. He wanted him gone on Friday so he could use the money to line up something he obviously thought was better. It didn't come off, Saturday came, Dobbie couldn't play, Cms started, the rest is history and now he is undropable and worth every penny of £3m+...I always said Poyet was a lucky manager, but that's no bad thing and I always said Cms would come good. One swallow does not make a summer, but strikers are confidence players and that is something Cms was missing last season and now has back in spades and it shows.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Carrot crunchers are the country bumpkins from the little Anglian farming community of Norwich.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Off subject but I never realised Crofts could be out for up to three weeks!

Midfield for sheff wednesday will probably be the usual but with Hammond and Orlandi replacing Crofts and Noone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How quickly people change, two weeks ago Poyet was practically telling clubs to put their bids in "put up or shut up" was it??? or something like that. He wanted him gone on Friday so he could use the money to line up something he obviously thought was better. It didn't come off, Saturday came, Dobbie couldn't play, Cms started, the rest is history and now he is undropable and worth every penny of £3m+...I always said Poyet was a lucky manager, but that's no bad thing and I always said Cms would come good. One swallow does not make a summer, but strikers are confidence players and that is something Cms was missing last season and now has back in spades and it shows.

One fully paid up member of the BMW club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here