Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 'fear' Norwich will return for Mackail-Smith

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Couple of thoughts:

Macca joined us despite better offers from other clubs.
Macca would know about the bid from Norwich, whether the club told him or not. Instead of brooding about what might have been, he went out and played arguably his best game for us 24 hours later.

To me this shows his utter professionalism and that the club should not be too worried about him having his head turned by another club at the moment.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Am I the only one not bothered by this? January transfer window is four months away yet and a lot of things can happen in that time including the Norwich manager being sacked!! Time to chill for a while and sing your heart out for the boys whoever takes the field in the stripes!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has ALWAYS said if a player wants to move on to further their career he will not stand in their way.

Could be the same agreement as with Bennett again, a deal agreed in January that he will stay with us until the end of the season then move on.

Except he may not want to move on to Championship Norwich when he can stay with Premier League Brighton and Hove Albion :thumbsup:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
That from the Argus. This really gets up my nose. If we 'fear' them coming in for him then that means we want to keep him, if we want to keep one of OUR players then surely another team will have to pay a very substantial fee or they won't get him. So where's the fear coming from? Really really annoys me!!!

You don`t get it do you,like the Mail the sun and the star that fcuking shit rag will print any thing to sell a few papers, ignore it don`t buy it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you think Gus used the term "Macca"?
Haven't you listened to Gus's interviews, he's always said Macca, just like he calls Buckley Bocca or something similar.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Just a thought, would Gus concider CMS to Norwich if Elliot Bennet came back the other way? Bennet must be well down the pecking order at Norwich currently.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just a thought, would Gus concider CMS to Norwich if Elliot Bennet came back the other way? Bennet must be well down the pecking order at Norwich currently.

Dont think we would need a winger, but if CMS went it would be a striker that would be needed.

I'm sure that the board and Gus would have have an alternative striker in place if CMS went.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

I dont really get this obsession with ex-players, I liked Bennet but we have just sold a winger because we had too many, we now have more midfielders than we can fit into a team and subs bench, its a big like the harking back to Murray, CMS and Dobbie are much better players than Murray will ever be, thats why Poyet wasn't willing to pay over the odds for him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Haven't you listened to Gus's interviews, he's always said Macca, just like he calls Buckley Bocca or something similar.

I will be honest I cant remember listening to his interviews for yonks now

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I dont really get this obsession with ex-players, I liked Bennet but we have just sold a winger because we had too many, we now have more midfielders than we can fit into a team and subs bench, its a big like the harking back to Murray, CMS and Dobbie are much better players than Murray will ever be, thats why Poyet wasn't willing to pay over the odds for him.

Bennett very rarely played as a winger as Gus preferred to play him down the middle behind the strikers. I would be happy to have him back but as part of a deal for CMS.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

can't see us letting benno go as he's been excellent for us. injured at the moment and we do have loads of midfielders so might struggle to start games this season with so much competition

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Am I the only one not bothered by this? January transfer window is four months away yet and a lot of things can happen in that time including the Norwich manager being sacked!! Time to chill for a while and sing your heart out for the boys whoever takes the field in the stripes!!!!!!

I am not either. Three thinks will happen. CMS does well, and we insist on keeping him to complete our promotion drive. CMS does not continue and we are out the race, we will sell him and make a financial gain. They don't come back. We really cannot lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here