Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion claims to fame

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was featured in the half time announcement on Saturday :)

I nutmegged Nicky Forster at halftime during the Luton game, he came on to score 2 goals and has scored 8 since then

I scored a penalty past Perry Digweed infront of 14000 fans at the Goldstone when I was mascot in 1991

I met Sir Geoff Hurst, and got him to hold up a we want Falmer poster

I love Will Packham and Will Packham loves me

I am friends with Tommy Elphick on Facebook

I am a media WHORE

I live opposite Adam El Abd

I own every Brighton shirt made since 1988

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I sat in the directors box during a reserve team game at the Goldstone and offered some advice to the then manager Barry Lloyd.

Eric Steele once "took" assembly at Steyning Grammar School, 1977, that's when I first heard of the Albion, been a fan ever since.

Peter Ward signed my shirt, he asked me what he should write at the same time as a friend of mine called me a pillock, so Wardy wrote, "Phil you're a pillock" across the shoulders of my shirt.

I was at the game at the Goldstone when David Beckham (Blackham) made his first team debut for Manchester United.

I was at the game at the Goldstone when Norman Whiteside made hs first team debut for Manchester United.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
well, i was so gutted after that game and waited outside the west stand after the game to yell and shout at the players and Jimmy case, about 10 of us waited for half an hour or so and Jimmy came out to talk to us and try to explain our shittness, Geroge was also with him and i said something to him along the lines of "you're not fit to wear the shit- all you're here for is your paycheck at the end of each month" he took offence and squared up to me, i was 17 at the time..........and quite scared

Oooh, I was there. Paul Samrah came out with a megaphone and was telling Case to resign and stuff.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Gerry Ryans sister used to be my boss. I met both Gerry and Liam Brady at her wedding.

I shook hands with Keiron O'Regan in a street in York. He was pissed as a fart. On the same day I asked for Dicky Tiltmans autograph, (I felt sorry for him), and he took the piss out of my pen (it was one of those little stubby pens from Argos).

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
For my birthday in 1979 I received a signed birthday card from the entire Albion squard.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I "did something" to Liam Brady.

Got Guy Butters to talk to my girlfriend on the phone (She is a mad Spurs fan and he was giving her the "How you doin'" look at Southend in the cup).

Have chatted to Budgie Byrne, Hawesey and DK whilst hanging about with a funeral director from Worthing

Gary Hart told me I was fat once. and at the time I was too!

Darren Freeman "Did Something" to me.

Adam Virgo admired my watch in the Hollingbury PH

I met Jimmy Case drinking with Tommy Smith in a pub in Liverpool

I could go on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah, I'm in 4-4-2 magazine talking to Liam Brady on the pitch at half time when he came out to ask us to go back into the stands.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is a great thread! I have a few, some of which are quite good.

I was a ball-boy for years at the Goldstone.

I played for the original supporters club team. Justin Fashanu took our training sessions in the old church on Newtown Road.

I played in the Sussex Sunday League for Corals FC, alongside former Albion players Teddy Maybank, Sammy Nelson and Paul Flood.

Marc Ormerod lived in my house for two years [he was my sister's then boyfriend]

My Mum's great uncle, Harry Baldwin, played many times in goal for the club, and holds the football league record for the most consecutive penalty saves.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Ooh, thought of another one.

My cousin's husband's sister is going out with Paul Watson.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I was at Hangleton Junior School at the same time as Michael Standing and the GREAT Terry Streeter

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
c.1978 I collected a wheelbarrow full of fizzy pop bottles from Teddy Maybank's house and took them back to the newsagents to get the deposits

I have played cricket against Grant Horscroft

I was one of the first people to be arrested under Mrs Thatcher's "drunk in a sporting arena" legislation and thus saw only 30 seconds of Ian Chapman's league debut as the youngest ever Albion player

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was presented with a medal by Mark Lawrenson in 1978

I once gave Gordon Smith a jigsaw of a photo I took of him scoring for the Albion

I used to play football down the park with Ian Chapman in Woodingdean

I bought Paul McShane's shirt from the victory at Palace on Ebay for a stupid sum of money

Graham Moseley said 'Nice goal son', when I scored in a match he refereed against Cardiff fans in 1983

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here