Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion claims to fame

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I once had a phone call from Gary Stevens.

I used to help out in the bar under the old West Stand (if they were desperate).

I went to school with Mike Ring.

I did a couple of interviews on tv before the FA Cup Final about what it meant to the supporters and also was on breakfast tv doing a special Cup Final exercise session with the Green Goddess.

I spoke to Peter Ward when he travelled on the supporters coach once.

I hugged Dick Knight and Martin Perry at Hereford.

I chatted with Dick Knight in the players bar at Crewe.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Was in the same class at school with Carl Tiler

Had school training sessions with Brian Horton, Mark Lawrenson, Peter Ward and Martin Chivers.

Spent an afternoon at the Goldstone in about 1980, won a school competition. Got to meet all the players and managerial staff.

Used to have a kick about with Gary Stevens on Mile Oak rec

Had a piss next to Dick Knight at Lords

Serviced one of Gerry Ryan's windows at his pub.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
i joined hove saint johns ambulance brigade mainly for the chance to sit on the touchlines and get in the goldstone for free.

entering the ground through the players and staff gate and walking down the players tunnel before every game was a bonus

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
We were awful that night. I was there in the front row of the north stand. Watching us go out on penalties to Sudbury was a horrific experience.

Just one question...Why did Georgie Parris start on you? Im intrigued?

well, i was so gutted after that game and waited outside the west stand after the game to yell and shout at the players and Jimmy case, about 10 of us waited for half an hour or so and Jimmy came out to talk to us and try to explain our shittness, Geroge was also with him and i said something to him along the lines of "you're not fit to wear the shit- all you're here for is your paycheck at the end of each month" he took offence and squared up to me, i was 17 at the time..........and quite scared

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I did a pitch invasion and picked up a bit of webbing that Danny Wilson kept his socks up with.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Paul Rodgers made me and Biscuit a cup of tea when we were leafleting at the clock tower. Roz took a photo - i hope she still has it!

Paul Rodgers made me and Biscuit a cup of tea when we were leafleting at the clock tower. Roz took a photo - i hope she still has it!

Was that the famous occasion when Biscuit failed to recognise that the lad he was asking to sign the petition was none other than Jake Robinson?

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Got a 21st Birthday Card from Gary Nelson

My school football Team trained with the Albion in mid 80's. Eric Young kicked me !!

Went Boxing with Darren Freeman.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Blagged my way into the tunnel at Home Park by posing as a corporate sponsor then rushed down and told the Albion bench we had secured promotion when i knew the scores from the hospitality lounge TV, it gets better! I then blagged my way into the Albion dressing room and presented the Nationwide sponsored Champagne to Micky Adams & the team with the 'We're going up' label. Took some photos and got drenched in Champagne, the Argus used the photos too!

Also using the same ruse I blagged my way onto Micky Adams manager of the month meal/presentation and got fed and pissed up with Micky, Bob Booker and his staff. He subsequently announced at the restaurant that he was leaving to go to Leicester!!

All courtesy of my lovely wife who works for Nationwide and was responsible for handling the liaison between them and the club.

My personal favourite amongst many Albion related blaggings though has to be when I found one of those yellow 'Press' overvest things after a match at Withdean. I 'borrowed' it and took it to Port Vale where I promptly donned said yellow vest, hopped over the wall with my video camera onto the perimeter track and then started filming all and sundry! Went onto the pitch at the end and filmed the players and crowd. The footage was used in the official end of season club video when I contacted the producers to tell them what I had.

All well before I was a copper of course!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I made Leon Knight unhappy when I FORCED him to hold up my home made banner at Wycombe

image.php

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Who-Hoo, a thread i can have a meaningful contribution too..!

Lived 4 doors away from Eric and Craig Whitington in Lower Bevendean, used to play footie for Bevendean Barcelona with Craig.

Always had to mark Ian Chapman whilst playing for above team.. :(

Had Gary Stevens and Steve Foster present me with end of season medals for above team (both leathered, circa 1982)

Jimmy Case came into my pub in Southampton with Matt Le Tissier (Le Tiss night club was next door) for a beer after we played (and lost..) against Swansea (?) away circa 1994 and i gave him free beer and got his signature..

My dad is friends with, and plays golf with Eric Steele

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Erm, I've been in Mr Cattlins rock shop (Brighton through and through).

Mr Bill Curry spoke to me before a game.He was the sort of player we need ,not these namby pamby effeminates we've got now.

I've had a telephonic row with the Albion over the away members scheme.

I won.

D

Deleted User X18H

Blagged my way into the tunnel at Home Park by posing as a corporate sponsor then rushed down and told the Albion bench we had secured promotion when i knew the scores from the hospitality lounge TV, it gets better! I then blagged my way into the Albion dressing room and presented the Nationwide sponsored Champagne to Micky Adams & the team with the 'We're going up' label. Took some photos and got drenched in Champagne, the Argus used the photos too!

Also using the same ruse I blagged my way onto Micky Adams manager of the month meal/presentation and got fed and pissed up with Micky, Bob Booker and his staff. He subsequently announced at the restaurant that he was leaving to go to Leicester!!

All courtesy of my lovely wife who works for Nationwide and was responsible for handling the liaison between them and the club.

My personal favourite amongst many Albion related blaggings though has to be when I found one of those yellow 'Press' overvest things after a match at Withdean. I 'borrowed' it and took it to Port Vale where I promptly donned said yellow vest, hopped over the wall with my video camera onto the perimeter track and then started filming all and sundry! Went onto the pitch at the end and filmed the players and crowd. The footage was used in the official end of season club video when I contacted the producers to tell them what I had.

All well before I was a copper of course!
Not to mention blagging your last pay check from Waitrose early and pissing off to the Albion (v Wolves I think) in 1985 without botherng to work after lunch..........got your number sunshine:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here