• Tommy Elphick

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
if he is not doing the job the manager wants, then why is he still in the team? especially when we have o'callaghan who is a far more effective playmaker

Spot on. If Hammond is not doing what he is told then drop him. Play El-Abd and push O'Call further forward or Let O'Call hold and put Cox in the middle. Alternatively give Reid a go in the middle.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Spot on. If Hammond is not doing what he is told then drop him. Play El-Abd and push O'Call further forward or Let O'Call hold and put Cox in the middle. Alternatively give Reid a go in the middle.

what is all this "play el abd" rubbish. he had only been on the field two minutes and he passed the ball to one of their forwards...if it hadnt have been for the ineptitude of their striker he would have popped that away and we would have lost ( we could still be playing now and we would not have scored I recon)

Personally, I wouldnt have him in the team. Only an opinion like!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
May be we should have a bloke who has no on-field responsibilities.. but just shouts at the team from the touchline?

Brilliant!

Failing that we should have 15 min captains where the armband gets passed round various members of the team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

dont think el abd is the answer at all

o'callaghan looks effective going forward, yet we cant have both him and hammond doing that job - it just wont work, like when carpenter and him were paired up in the middle

i would like to see fraser given a go in his natural position as the holding player, as we are STILL yet to see him there. if not, then when he is fit hinshlewood can do a job in there, as he did for a period in the year we stayed up. equally reid if fit could go in there, or maybe one of the youngsters who hasnt been given a chance yet - somebody like chamberlain

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, it would be ridiculous to make a loan player captain. Secondly, there are NO other candidates that tick the boxes. We basically need a Danny Cullip c. 2003.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
what is all this "play el abd" rubbish. he had only been on the field two minutes and he passed the ball to one of their forwards...if it hadnt have been for the ineptitude of their striker he would have popped that away and we would have lost ( we could still be playing now and we would not have scored I recon)

Personally, I wouldnt have him in the team. Only an opinion like!!!

I must admit I haven't been to an amazing amount of games in the last year (about 10) but whenever I have seen El-Abd in the middle he has always looked fine. At least he sticks to his role. With someone like O'Call next to him, guiding him a bit he might stop the silly little errors.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
dont think el abd is the answer at all

o'callaghan looks effective going forward, yet we cant have both him and hammond doing that job - it just wont work, like when carpenter and him were paired up in the middle

i would like to see fraser given a go in his natural position as the holding player, as we are STILL yet to see him there. if not, then when he is fit hinshlewood can do a job in there, as he did for a period in the year we stayed up. equally reid if fit could go in there, or maybe one of the youngsters who hasnt been given a chance yet - somebody like chamberlain

He did have a small run there last season, but didn't actually do anything to show he's any more effective there than he is on the right.

Also, if there's a fault with O'callaghan, i think it's that he doesn't go forward enough. He's supposed to be the attacking player, and yet i don't actually recall seeing him have a proper shot yet

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He did have a small run there last season, but didn't actually do anything to show he's any more effective there than he is on the right.

Also, if there's a fault with O'callaghan, i think it's that he doesn't go forward enough. He's supposed to be the attacking player, and yet i don't actually recall seeing him have a proper shot yet

did he? when was that?

i think the fact o'callaghan doesnt get into the positions to have the shots is that he is carrying the midfield. because of how deep we are playing defensively, and the fact he is doing both jobs in the midfield, he doesnt have the chance to get forward as much as he should. that is where a naturally defensive player could help him out

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

I would disagree with that. Thought he looked much more effective in the middle.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Bertin had have stayed and OCallahan would then have been forced to play further up the pitch ( Bertin was a better holding midfielder in front of the back 4 IMHO)

If that scenario would have been available, I assume Hammond would not have got in the team.

BTW Just spoken to my Ipswich mate and he says wait and see about Richards...they really rate him and he is only out of form dure to injury. he also said he didnt think Bowditch would be the same again!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If that scenario would have been available, I assume Hammond would not have got in the team.

i really could not see wilkins dropping hammond. imagine if bertin was still here, we would not have gone after o'callaghan, or hammond would be wide on the left with cox switching to the right

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I would disagree with that. Thought he looked much more effective in the middle.

Well, he probably IS more effective in the middle, as we aren't relying on him to cross a ball, but he didn't particularly make the most of his chance, letting most of the game go past him. Then again, he wasn't really given a decent run to prove himself.

Maybe we'll see him in the middle tomorrow night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here