Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon are no more "Wimbledon" than MK Dons

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another example: Millwall. quite a good one as they a very close match to AFC Wimbledon, they are only a short distance from their original location and the locals share the same general professions, traditions etc.

surely only a muppet (or windup) cant see the difference between moving 50 miles and moving across a river/borough boundry?

smelly

May 23, 2004
I'm quite sure that goldstone is on a wind-up here, but I'll bite. I've never been to the MK Dons and I never will - I'm not putting money into that abortion of a club which, if they wanted league football in Milton Keynes, should have built their way up from the bottom like everybody else. The identity of a club is not just about where they play, where they were formed, what their f***ing postcode is, FFS. As Simster says, it's about so much more than that - it's bound up in the collective memory of the support, the history of a club's experiences, where the former players' hearts lie, the genuine and unspoken right (and it will be understood by any fan where this right lies) to call yourself that club which is a paradigm of all this stuff and a lot more besides.

Actually, I might make an exception, one day, to my no-MK rule. The day AFC Wimbledon first go to MK as an away team in the League, and that day is surely coming, I may well try to get a ticket as an away fan. That would be a day which all true fans who care about where the game's going and the purity of football's soul will cherish.

Absolutley right HHS. AFCW are an example to all.Took 1500 to Eastbourne Boro in the conference the other week and sang for 90 mins non stop. Every true fan should be an away fan when (not if) they paly away to Franchise FC.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
TBH Herne I doubt you'll get a ticket. Even if tickets were accepted by AFCW, and that is VERY much open for debate within the dons trust and AFCW shareholders and owners, then the allocation of tickets will be tighter than a ducks arse. I've been a DT members for since 2003 and am also a shareholder in AFCW and I doubt I would be able to get tickets without appealing directly to Kris or Erik and begging.

Oh well. :down: It was a nice thought. That would be a game with an atmosphere.

Oh well. :down: It was a nice thought. That would be a game with an atmosphere.

You may be able to get tickets if it happens. I know that lots of AFCW wouldn't go even if they were given the chance. As to whether AFCW would accept tickets that is something that is going to be decided as and when it arises.

The worse situation will be when they meet in a cup game. Then, unless the bill step in and stop it, they are required to offer tickets to franchise and franchise to them. TBH I suspect the bill would make any game between them all ticket and home fans only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here