Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Wimbledon are no more "Wimbledon" than MK Dons

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I know this may be controversial (good), but all those complaining about Franchise FC and extolling the virtues of AFC Wimbledon should remember that Kingsmeadow is not exactly Wimbledon either. In fact 4 miles from Wimbledon according to Google Maps.

So in fact AFC Wimbledon have no right to be using the Wimbledon name either.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
According to google maps, Falmer is 4.5 miles from the Goldstone...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a pathetic suggestion! You can't knock down buildings to put an AFC Wimbledon stadium in for the sake of a few miles! Ridiculous post.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Emirates stadium is 11.9 miles from Woolwich ARSENAL.

Maybe they should be called Highbury Football Club?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
...but is within the boundary of Brighton and Hove.

AFC Wimbledon isn't in Wimbledon; it has a Kingston postcode.

Who gives a f*** it's 4 miles away! And a postcode is something that the royal mail use - I'd rather go on the miles argument myself. :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010
F****** stupid post. A little fact i did not know though was that MK Dons on the legal side of things are Wimbledon but claim no heritage to their badge/history/records

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know this may be controversial (good), but all those complaining about Franchise FC and extolling the virtues of AFC Wimbledon should remember that Kingsmeadow is not exactly Wimbledon either. In fact 4 miles from Wimbledon according to Google Maps.

I'm read some nonsense on here and that's right up there :lolol:

Silly boy.

Dandyman

In London village.

As a windup 10/10

As a serious post 0/10.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't know if promotion has anything to do with it, they do want to build a new ground in Merton. Not sure what stage the plans are at now, I think they have the council's support though (more than 'old' Wimbledon got).

They clearly are more "Wimbledon" than Milton Keynes, their support is Wimbledon. Their march towards league football is a triumph for fans over money men. :clap:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does this mean that Grimsby Town should relocate from Cleethorpes ?

Oct 25, 2003
the whole milton keynes experiment seems to be falling a bit flat on its arse isn't it? i thought they were on an inevitable march to the premiership a couple of years ago

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
...but is within the boundary of Brighton and Hove.

AFC Wimbledon isn't in Wimbledon; it has a Kingston postcode.

Forget postcodes it's in a different London Borough albeit a neighbouring one.

I don't agree with the original poster but they have taken over another team's stadium in a different area. For me the fairytale won't be complete till they regain their league status, housed in a stadium within Wimbledon or at least merton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here