Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bhanutz said:
I bet half the people saying they havent really have, just dont want to admit it to the clique!
Are the CLIQUE BACK>?!>! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Le clique - c'est chic.

Who's in the clique these days then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather drive 100 miles out of my way to get something than go there and get it at half price. Pathetic I know but it's how I feel.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Renns said:
dunno but the retail park where huddersfields old ground (leeds road) has one

It has. I've walked over it a few times.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I believe the 'clique' is a useful debating device, a handy if mythical lightning conductor to attack if things aren't going well. I know I have, and it generally works a treat.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tooting Gull said:
I believe the 'clique' is a useful debating device, a handy if mythical lightning conductor to attack if things aren't going well. I know I have, and it generally works a treat.
Very true, although I would definitely also have you down as a founder member.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
eastlondonseagull said:
That's it, though Drumstick, even when we get Falmer, I won't go to the Goldstone Retail Park, it's all about what it signifies. And it stinks of shit.
Plus it's a long way for you to travel just for a Whopper meal.:lolol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I dont go out of my way to go there but its easy to shop there for things like trainers for the gym etc that I couldnt be arsed abusing Waitrose's carpark and hiking to Churchill Sq for.

Like when my Gran died, I was sad, angry and I missed her, but i've moved on now.

Rougvie said:
I dont go out of my way to go there but its easy to shop there for things like trainers for the gym etc that I couldnt be arsed abusing Waitrose's carpark and hiking to Churchill Sq for.

Like when my Gran died, I was sad, angry and I missed her, but i've moved on now.

So, you would dance on your Gran's grave now that you've "moved on"??

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Are the CLIQUE BACK>?!>! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Le clique - c'est chic.

Who's in the clique these days then?

they have never gone! one way to recognise a member is by their post count.

The greater the higher up they are in the 'order'!

yes beware there are members everywhere!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Spunk Bubble said:
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.

:clap2:
You are clearly too young to understand...
0,,10433~161685,00.jpg

Hednesford Town Programme
Where were you when Stuart scored?

If you cut open Stuart Storer he would probably bleed blue & white for Brighton on one side of his body and red & blue for Hinckley in the other side. A stalwart of the Hinckley defence he has made 237 appearances, approximately 20000 minutes of football, and has now scored 1 goal! Last match at Lancaster the unthinkable happened and Stuart actually ran over the half way line and not only scored, but also scored Hinckley's second best goal this season. If you could bottle a moment in time and whenever you were feeling down, savour it for the rest of your life - this would've been the moment. It might not be as important as the goal he scored on the last day at the Goldstone Ground (pictured right), but to us it is just as important and just as memorable. Right on the stroke of half time, the moment arrived that we will remember forever. Stuart Storer brought the ball out of his own defence and ran to the half way line. After a one-two with Jamie Lenton, he played the ball through to Marc McGregor (though from the far end looked like Andy Brown to me) who held the ball up, dragged in the defenders, and then played the ball to his left back to Storer who had continued his run to the edge of the penalty area. Storer ran diagonally at goal and from about 20 yards out, curled the ball around Tony McMillan into the far corner for his first goal for Hinckley United. Stuart said of his goal: "I ran on to a move involving Marc McGregor and Jamie Lenton. I was galloping towards the box and knew that if I tried to control the ball, I would probably mess it up, so I thought I might try and lob the keeper. He came off his line and was probably thinking 'it's only Storer, I'll give him a chance' - so I lobbed it and knew it was in as soon as I hit it. I was going to sprint off celebrating but I didn't have the energy." Stuart dedicated the goal to his late father, who sadly passed away during the New Year period. Every week his dad would phone after the match and ask: "Did you score?" The answer was always: "No". Stuart added: "Dad would be laughing his head off - the game was on Saturday and the funeral was on Monday - it was so apt."
Congratulations and commiserations to Stuart Storer.
storer_last_goal.jpg

thegallery_bha2.jpg

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
NMH said:
So, you would dance on your Gran's grave now that you've "moved on"??

Different people view things in different ways, i'm lucky enough to have 6 or 7 seasons of great memories of the Goldstone, the retail park no longer bothers me. I didnt go there for a long time, but when you have a young family sometimes you have to or get wound up about things to much, I had to pop in there before Xmas to get the youngest a Chelsea kit (Its what she asked santa for and who am I to argue) and I felt odd about it, but not to the extent that it raised my blood pressure over something that HAS happened and I am powerless to change.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Rougvie said:
Different people view things in different ways, i'm lucky enough to have 6 or 7 seasons of great memories of the Goldstone, the retail park no longer bothers me. I didnt go there for a long time, but when you have a young family sometimes you have to or get wound up about things to much, I had to pop in there before Xmas to get the youngest a Chelsea kit (Its what she asked santa for and who am I to argue) and I felt odd about it, but not to the extent that it raised my blood pressure over something that HAS happened and I am powerless to change.

Shame on you for even considering buying your girl a Chelsea shirt. I wont even bother with the rest of the arguement.

:angry:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I've been. Bought my pool cue in JJB, then had a Burger in BK's as it was lunch time. If I hadn't have gone there then I would have bought it at another JJB's so it made no difference to the company.

I can understand some people refusing to go, but to blame the companies is a bit petty.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Caveman said:
Shame on you for even considering buying your girl a Chelsea shirt. I wont even bother with the rest of the arguement.

:angry:

Why ?

Its what she wanted, i'm not buying her something that will never be worn and going through the tantrums that go with it.

As i've pointed out, we have tried with her, my nephews and my lad to get them interested in the Albion, they are all between 6-8 and all go to school in Brighton and Hove and between them dont have a SINGLE albion supporting friend.

I offered to take her and her friends to Withdean last Saturday and then on to some shit fast food resturant of their choice, the answer was just a simple no, i'm not going there I dont like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here