Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins confirmed as new Saints manager

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Well there's a new source of amusement to me, the Press Releases from Southampton.

They are certainly "can do..."

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
What a random article. Most of it just goes on about how wonderful Southampton are. They could at least have got a native English speaker to write it!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Their Press Officer needs a crash course in intelligent English.

By Cortese's quote is a ripper...

"I am delighted to have been able to appoint Nigel as our new First Team Manager. We were inundated with applications from an impressive range of managers - a far cry from the position we found ourselves in when we last appointed a manager - and Nigel stood out from the start. He was at the forefront of my mind throughout the interview process, and the only manager that we offered the job to, so I am extremely happy that both Nigel and Andy have agreed to join us.

Wahey!

'Don't we have anyone else applying other than this fuckwit Pardew....?'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He also possesses a keen eye for young English talent.

It shouldn't be a big problem to fill the vacated shoes of Alan Pardew. (Allegedly)

What is clear from the excellence of the applicants is that the outside world is now beginning to acknowledge the quality of new thinking and ideas we are applying at Southampton.

:lolol: No. There are plenty of managers that want an (on paper) easy job to secure promotion and add that to the CV.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
0,,10280~9042523,00.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is clear ... is that the outside world is now beginning to acknowledge the quality of new thinking and ideas we are applying at Southampton.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

"The Outside World.." WTF ?

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
They are so far up their own arse its untrue. What a sickly mutual handjob of an article that is.

"The appointment follows an intense, but thorough search, with the Club having received a very high volume and quality of applications, the majority of which came from well respected managers currently working in the top two divisions of English football and abroad"

Oh do f*** off you bunch of self gratifying toadying pricks. They think they are Man Utd ffs.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting appointment.

Has done very well at Scunthorpe..............but apart from that, nothing else.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
They are so far up their own arse its untrue. What a sickly mutual handjob of an article that is.

"The appointment follows an intense, but thorough search, with the Club having received a very high volume and quality of applications, the majority of which came from well respected managers currently working in the top two divisions of English football and abroad"

Oh do f*** off you bunch of self gratifying toadying pricks. They think they are Man Utd ffs.

Couldn't put it any better than that!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I like how they capitalise the word club. Is this Cortese bloke from the Soviet Union or something? Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here