Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins confirmed as new Saints manager

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'll do a good job, but he's not Martin O'Neill (who some of the more deluded of them were championing).

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
And I know it's a recycled gag but this still never fails to make me laugh at the Scummers: :laugh:

It's wee Jimmy Krankie! Oh shit hold on its supposed to be Ted Bates, bugger.

50bates452021full.jpg

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Bhadeb will tell us in due course, no doubt.

It's all that bastard Dick Knight's fault. He hypnotised NC into getting rid of Dean (SEVENTH!!!!!!) and also made Southampton play shit for the last three games.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Say what you like but most Saints fans feel that they have the most exciting up and coming manager. If you BELIEVE NC's article, no one else was offered the job.

Fixed your post for you.

And the first bit is a nice bit of revisionism, too. A week ago, hardly ANY of you wanted Adkins, from the likely candidates. You personally couldn't even spell his f***ing NAME.

[For what its worth, I think he's a good manager, and will do well. If Dear Leader lets him.]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Today, I will be mostly enjoying this joke that I have just made up.

Q: What have the following teams got in common?
Portsmouth
Brighton
Plymouth
Bournemouth
Exeter

A: They're all BETTER than Southampton

hahaha :thumbsup:

(and it's looking good to be able to add Torquay to that list too)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I just hope Adkins refused to Southampton's request to resign, meaning that Scunthorpe got their £150,000 (?) compensation from NC. If he did resign he's a poo but even if he didn't Southampton are nasty little oiks for trying to screw a decent football club.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
i cant fathom why they think they are this huge club? the dell was hardly f***ing old trafford was it? theyre as big as reading.

Yes,Southampton spent time in the old 3rd south,so how they qualify as a "big" club is a bit of a mystery.I think Reading fans will probably argue with you.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
He is an excellent Manager at this level, and has a track record of getting out of this division. Sadly for him, he will probably get them promoted and they will then ditch him in true Southamption style and go for a bigger name.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't like it? Ah diddums.

Bit of a tip for you. If you support a side where the chairman is so pretentious and up his own arse AND writes press releases such as the one mentioned AND you have really thin skin then you're best off avoiding other football team's forums.

And we will say what we like, thanks.

To be honest I joined NSC so I could join in issues relating to Brighton the city as there appears to be a lot of non football related threads.

However, everytime I log on there appears to be a Saints related thread.

The fact that there are so many Saints related threads on here only fuels anyones belief that we are a pretty big club. Personally I've always thought of us as a medium sized club. The likes of Brighton and Bournemouth are suddenly concerning themselves with in our plight mainly because we are sharing a few rare seasons in the same league. Not sure I've ever seen a BHA thread on our board.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
None other than Harry Redkapp talked about Adkins as a potential England manager. He's as bright as a button I think was his exact line, although bright to Redkanpp could be finding his arse with both hands.

By the time he's finished at that madhouse, I'll bet mention of England will be very much off the agenda.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what will happen to Wilkins, as he has done a splendid job at the helm since Pardew left.

Lets see how Adkins does. But don't get your hopes up Ben. Lets not forget, he's only got a handful of players to pick from (and they are all youth teamers). Maybe Adkins will get to buy a £3m striker half way through the season (i.e. next week) to get things moving at Southampton before he is sacked. :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be honest I joined NSC so I could join in issues relating to Brighton the city as there appears to be a lot of non football related threads.

However, everytime I log on there appears to be a Saints related thread.

The fact that there are so many Saints related threads on here only fuels anyones belief that we are a pretty big club. Personally I've always thought of us as a medium sized club. The likes of Brighton and Bournemouth are suddenly concerning themselves with in our plight mainly because we are sharing a few rare seasons in the same league. Not sure I've ever seen a BHA thread on our board.

Don't be fooled mate. NSC seems obsessed with Southampton, most fans don't give a shit outside the fact you are local and favourites to go up.

Any team that hates Pompey is ok by me

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I wonder what will happen to Wilkins, as he has done a splendid job at the helm since Pardew left.

Lets see how Adkins does. But don't get your hopes up Ben. Lets not forget, he's only got a handful of players to pick from (and they are all youth teamers). Maybe Adkins will get to buy a £3m striker half way through the season (i.e. next week) to get things moving at Southampton before he is sacked. :thumbsup:

:stupid:

Keep it up Sim coz every time you get cocky when it comes to Saints\Albion banter it all goes tits up for you. I'm still looking for a new arm coz you bit mine off when offering you the 'Who will finish highest even with the points deduction' bet at the beginning of last season. Didnt you decline the same bet a few weeks ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here