Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams To Leave This Month

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
The squad is good enough stay up, why take a chance on bringing someone in who will need a month or two to assess the squad, it would be gamble given that time is limited. Whether you support Adams or not he does know the squad

players are speaking out in support of Adams so he appears to have the support of the dressing room. lets stick with him and get behind the team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And the players.
Well, they have to say that. It's not a wise player who pits himself against a manager is it? (well, maybe if the manager has already got on the chairman's bad side by wanting to keep a player :rolleyes: )

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Conboy, do you KNOW that three of the board members are in favour of sacking Adams, and two are for keeping him?

Well I haven't recieved personal letters from each board member informing me of their stance on the situation, no, but I have been told, probably by the same person as Mr Burns, that Knight is still standing by Adams along with one other board member, while the rest of the board have lost complete faith in Adams.

You don't have to believe it, and you probably don't; but I'm certainly not doubting it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So Mr Burns' source and your source is/are obviously someone close to board level.

I'd just be curious who those for and against are. You've got a choice of...

Dick Knight
Martin Perry
Bob Pinnock
Ray Bloom
Robert Cromer
Derek Chapman

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
So Mr Burns' source and your source is/are obviously someone close to board level.

I'd just be curious who those for and against are. You've got a choice of...

Dick Knight
Martin Perry
Bob Pinnock
Ray Bloom
Robert Cromer
Derek Chapman

The only one I have been told is Knight. I would insinuate that the other supporter of Adams is someone a little easily influenced by Knight, and thus is still in the 'in' camp and is in a position where it is hard for him to now go against Adams after affirming him and Knight for this long.

Anyways I must be off now, getting tired and gotta catch an early flight, by the time I return I'll be bouncing this thread to CELEBRATE my first ever correct 'inside-info-prediction-post' and will be summoning MYSELF into the illustrous inner-sanctum where we can discuss Dick Knight's new haircut while sipping on GREEN tea. :jester:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt be against Ince as he has to re-establish him self. My concern is that the club have spent money during January on players he might not like or they may not like him as they both said that MA sold the club to them and he was one reason why they signed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldnt be against Ince as he has to re-establish him self. My concern is that the club have spent money during January on players he might not like or they may not like him as they both said that MA sold the club to them and he was one reason why they signed.

Here's some outsider info - Paul Ince will not be coming to BHAFC. The very least he would consider is a Championship club I would have thought. Things may not have gone to plan at Blackburn, in the little time that he was given, but his stock is still high and his ambitions higher than us I suspect.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here's some outsider info - Paul Ince will not be coming to BHAFC. The very least he would consider is a Championship club I would have thought. Things may not have gone to plan at Blackburn, in the little time that he was given, but his stock is still high and his ambitions higher than us I suspect.

He proved him self at our level but not any higher as that appearred to high for him so I think that he would need to start again. Also there are a number of proven Championship managers unemployed and up and coming lower league managers that Champiponship clubs would consider before Ince.

Also he might consider us as long term plan with Falmer being built etc.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
The way I see it is that he was promoted too far too quickly. He did fantastically well at Macclesfield and MK Dons, but looked well out of his depth at Blackburn. Right now, there is no way, no way at all, that a premiership club would even consider him. I don't even think he'd be on a top championship club's radar. Realistically, I think he's now looking at the best case scenario being a bottom half championship club with potential coming in for him. He might think that if he can keep us up this season then for starters it goes some way to rebuilding his reputation, but also that he'd fancy himself to make us a championship club in the not too distant future. I'm not saying he'd definitely come, but I wouldn't rule it out.

So you don't think Paul Ince is "scum" then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Problem is if we follow the Yeovil route we could finsh up with a dream team of Booker and White or Hinshlewood and Lloyd.

I have always been in the Adams in camp but sadly I am begioning to doubt my sanity on that issue.

Speaking to one first team squad member the players are not 100 % convinced either, not as much as they were in August.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously the likes of Ince,, Curbishley, Pardew etc fit the bill but (a) would they wish to start again with us even with Falmer on the horizon (b) Most of them may still be being paid by their former clubs.

Maybe just a dream but i would like an old head as manager with a young coach for the training ground. Somebody like George Graham, Ron Atkinson, Jim Smith. Another alternative is keep Adams and bring in somebody like Don Howe to teach our defenders how to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here