Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams out

adams in or out

• Total voters

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't think Adams will be sacked and the more I think about it, the more I think that he should be given until Xmas. HOWEVER, I do think the following needs to be done...

- Completely shake up back room staff and bring in new faces with different ideas.
- Get rid of the loan players who are leaving in January as, unless there's a real chance of signing them, it's pointless them now being here.
- Get rid of players who've been offered contracts who are not even close to being in the matchday squad.
- Get rid of players who are constantly injured - we're not a charity we're a football club
- Knight should also come out and personally apologise to the fans for what's gone on so far this season. As the chairman and largest shareholder at the club, the buck stops with him and Adams should not be made to be a scapegoat for Knights mistakes, like the sale of proven League 1 players like Dean Hammond & Bas Savage.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
[QUOTE As the chairman and largest shareholder at the club, the buck stops with him and Adams should not be made to be a scapegoat for Knights mistakes, like the sale of proven League 1 players like Dean Hammond & Bas Savage.[/QUOTE]

Firstly, are you basing that on what you know to be fact or on hearsay on NSC?

Secondly, whoever made the decision to sell Hammond and Savage, it's still all a matter of opinion. I was disappointed to see Hammond go but delighted that Savage went who was not, in my opinion, a "proven League 1 player". Others will have completely the opposite opinion. Fair enough.

If what we have heard about the contract negotiations with these two player and their agents is true, had I been the chairman, I'd have let them go too.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Who would want to come to the club as his replacement? Who would be better at attracting good players come January?

If we were to sack Adams I think our chances of being relegated would be much, much higher.

I thought that the basis of the argument that was no benefit in sacking the manager (as per Wilkins' departure). if we are to follow that line of argument consistently, then surely it follows that changing the manager now would have no benefit????

Oh but I forget, this is NSC!

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
He's got to go . How can anyone support him with the current run of results . Never go back and whilst Micky did us proud first time round it is obvious he hasn't got a clue as to how to get the best out of this set of players, who are better than their position suggests. Some of his decisions have been lamentable - why did Lynch go to Notts to be replaced by Hawkins? What tactics are the team supposed to be playing? - the performance on Friday was a complete shambles and I put the blame squarely on Mr. Adams' shoulders - no sorry Dick Knight has to share this one. (Again he has been great for the club on balance and when Falmer opens I will praise him to the skies , though I still wonder where the money is coming from).
WHY was Dean Wilkins sacked? Until this question is answered in public all these rumblings will continue .
ACT NOW , DICK !!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought that the basis of the argument that was no benefit in sacking the manager (as per Wilkins' departure). if we are to follow that line of argument consistently, then surely it follows that changing the manager now would have no benefit????

Oh but I forget, this is NSC!
I think it's more "don't sack people who are doing alright" than "don't sack anyone even if they are spectacularly bad and taking you down". :shrug:

In reality this isn't even about Wilkins. This is about the fact we are f***ing shit. The Wilkins factor may add to it a little but any manager who has won 4 games in 20 is going to be getting criticised.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He's got to go . How can anyone support him with the current run of results . Never go back and whilst Micky did us proud first time round it is obvious he hasn't got a clue as to how to get the best out of this set of players, who are better than their position suggests. Some of his decisions have been lamentable - why did Lynch go to Notts to be replaced by Hawkins? What tactics are the team supposed to be playing? - the performance on Friday was a complete shambles and I put the blame squarely on Mr. Adams' shoulders - no sorry Dick Knight has to share this one. (Again he has been great for the club on balance and when Falmer opens I will praise him to the skies , though I still wonder where the money is coming from).
WHY was Dean Wilkins sacked? Until this question is answered in public all these rumblings will continue .
ACT NOW , DICK !!

:thumbsup:

Problem is, we can't afford to sack him, and he won't walk.

Perhaps if we get to the JPT final, the cash raised will be enough to sack him!

I am rather worried than DK says there will be money to spend in January - is Adams the right man to spend that money?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Micky will get it right. I trust him. Give him a chance to rebuild the team. He's operating with severe constraints. He's having to beg, borrow and steal players.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Micky will get it right. I trust him. Give him a chance to rebuild the team. He's operating with severe constraints. He's having to beg, borrow and steal players.

a) He did not need to rebuild the team. He needed to fine-tune it.

b) He is operating with no more severe constraints than Wilkins was and the signing of Virgo, Hawkins et al would suggest he has been trusted with a bigger budget.

c) He may be having to borrow players but he didn't have to loan one of our best to Nottingham Forest.

d) He would have more money had he not re-signed Hart and Mayo and the club had not wasted wages on Savage - another PR stung gone wrong.

e) What is the point in borrowing players like Thornton et al and then not playing them?

f) We were told he was getting in quality players in the Summer and we ended up with Colin Hawkins. Do you really think he will get quality players to come here in January?

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Unfortunately I have to agree with Lord Large. What is all this about rebuilding the team and time to settle in. There was nothing wrong with the team that finished 7th - by definition they are better than one that is 19th .
Micky seems to have pulled off the trick of getting the worst out of existing players - e.g Cox who was great last year but can't take a corner any more,
Robinson - where's he?
Lynch - we know where he is
Whing - dreadful on Friday
and can't integrate the new ones. -
Virgo , who should be partnering Elphick ,not playing in a different position every week
Mcleod - seagull sicknote.

What does Micky tell the midfield to do each week - whatever it is it isn't working cos we don't seem to be able to defend or attack from the middle of the park - woeful.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm struggling to think how you could be more wrong, to be honest.

He inherited a team which finished seventh. WTF do you mean "rebuild"?
He's operating with no severe contraints whatsoever, unless you mean a playing budget twice the size of his predecessors.
Beg, borrow and steal my f***ing arse. Let me repeat - he inherited a half decent side! However, he has filled the side with old journeymen neverhasbeen shite and kicked our younger home grown players into touch. Robbie Savage's pointlessly expensive 6 week loan spell says it all.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its all very well saying "MICKY OUT" but nobody in the first page of this thread (as I can't be arsed to read the rest)makes any sensible suggestions of who should replace him I think he is here to stay at least for the moment and Albion fans should support him until then.
I'm afraid any half decent manager would love the job of managing the Albion but after reading this sort of rubbish would be looking elsewhere

Its about time the Albion fans got behind MA at least for the rest of this season and give it time,I was having my doubts like you but this sort of thing is not going to make things better most men in his position would have thrown it in a long time ago he is here for the long haul and so should we be.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Unfortunately I have to agree with Lord Large. What is all this about rebuilding the team and time to settle in. There was nothing wrong with the team that finished 7th - by definition they are better than one that is 19th .
Micky seems to have pulled off the trick of getting the worst out of existing players - e.g Cox who was great last year but can't take a corner any more,
Robinson - where's he?
Lynch - we know where he is
Whing - dreadful on Friday
and can't integrate the new ones. -
Virgo , who should be partnering Elphick ,not playing in a different position every week
Mcleod - seagull sicknote.

What does Micky tell the midfield to do each week - whatever it is it isn't working cos we don't seem to be able to defend or attack from the middle of the park - woeful.

I am afraid it wasn't all rosey under Wilkins and the midfield was also very poor. The 2nd half of the season got better under Wilkins.

Lets hope it does too for Adams!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its all very well saying "MICKY OUT" but nobody in the first page of this thread (as I can't be arsed to read the rest)makes any sensible suggestions of who should replace him I think he is here to stay at least for the moment and Albion fans should support him until then.
I'm afraid any half decent manager would love the job of managing the Albion but after reading this sort of rubbish would be looking elsewhere

Its about time the Albion fans got behind MA at least for the rest of this season and give it time,I was having my doubts like you but this sort of thing is not going to make things better most men in his position would have thrown it in a long time ago he is here for the long haul and so should we be.

That's really rather a lot of nonsense to fit into one short post.

1. Its not the fans job to find a new manager. You advertise a vacant position, and interview the best applicants. Its really quite simple.

2. No half decent manager will be wasting his time reading 'this rubbish'.

3. 'most men in his position would have thrown it in..' biggest nonsense of the lot. He's doing a terrible, terrible job, taking a promising league one side backwards week by week. He's basically unemployable, but happily sat here on a three year deal. He's be an idiot to 'throw it in'.

4. The reality, as everyone knows, Adams included, is that 'most men in his position' would have been sacked weeks ago.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm struggling to think how you could be more wrong, to be honest.

He inherited a team which finished seventh. WTF do you mean "rebuild"?
He's operating with no severe contraints whatsoever, unless you mean a playing budget twice the size of his predecessors.
Beg, borrow and steal my f***ing arse. Let me repeat - he inherited a half decent side! However, he has filled the side with old journeymen neverhasbeen shite and kicked our younger home grown players into touch. Robbie Savage's pointlessly expensive 6 week loan spell says it all.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here