Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Out Thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Knight has to be worried with falling attendances and our inability to win at home, and he has to be concerned that Adams has failed to make this side gel.

Too many talented players are either performing under par or are not figuring at all - Whing, Richards, Lynch, Cox, Livermore and Virgo can, and should, be making more of a contribution.

The bottom line is our golden generation aren't contributing, Adams signings aren't contributing and it is the Wilkins' men - Forster, Murray, El-Abd, Whing, Elphick - that are carrying the side.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Knight has to be worried with falling attendances and our inability to win at home, and he has to be concerned that Adams has failed to make this side gel.

Too many talented players are either performing under par or are not figuring at all - Whing, Richards, Lynch, Cox, Livermore and Virgo can, and should, be making more of a contribution.

The bottom line is our golden generation aren't contributing, Adams signings aren't contributing and it is the Wilkins' men - Forster, Murray, El-Abd, Whing, Elphick - that are carrying the side.

I agree (but you mentioned Whing in both categories)!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whing has been one of the disasters this season in comparison to the way he has performed since joining us. Not sure if it is him not fit or good enough or playing to the wrong instructions but whatever it is he is not performing very well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One day we will will and win big. Probably soon.

And you know what it will be because Adams has picked the right players in the right position without "shoehorning" favourites into the team.

He will be HAILED as a GENIUS. When really we should ALL ask why the f*** DIDNT you do it to begin with.

ANSWER? Because he is a TWAT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

And you know what it will be because Adams has picked the right players in the right position without "shoehorning" favourites into the team.

He will be HAILED as a GENIUS. When really we should ALL ask why the f*** DIDNT you do it to begin with.

Some truth in that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Either that or we'll go down.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
First question. Why SHOULD DK tell us the whole story? Is it anything to do with us if it was an internal problem? If there is a "clash of personalities" or a "communication problem" in a company does that company need to wash its dirty linen in public to keep its customers happy? We are customers, remember, not shareholders.

I'm not saying that they should keep things quiet, I'm just saying that if the Chairman and the Board decide it is best not to open up then that is a decision for them and them alone. Remember that we have a Chairman and a Board who are generally speaking, and certainly compared to many other clubs, fairly open with the supporters. If they decide it is right on this occasion not to be so open then that is their decision. If you trust the Chairman and the Board to make the right decisions as I do then I for one am comfortable with that.

If you don't trust them then its a different matter but as I said I have seen plenty of evidence as to why they should be trusted and none as to why not.

And you are right, I might be wrong about the reason, maybe it was to bring Micky Adams back but I doubt it. And no I do not have any inside information, just that a problem with Wilkins´management style has been rumoured and DK has done nothing to scotch that rumour. It just seems to fit what we do know and explains why a pretty successful manager was sacked but as you say and I agree I could be wrong.

I just do not believe DK or any sensible Chairman would sack a reasonably successful manager who showed plenty of outward signs of improving things just to bring in someone else who may or may not have been successful. If everything was sweetness and light in the club surely they would have at least seen how things went at the start of this season before deciding whether or not to make a change.

Whichever way you slice it DW is not coming back!
I haven't said he SHOULD tell us. I'd like to know as I'm sure most Brighton fans would but as with a lot of things that go on we will probably never learn the full story. It is Dick Knight/the club's right, they can tell us whatever they want. What I said was that since they HAVEN'T told us that people will make up their minds based on what they do know.

I think the question of trust is slightly disingenuous. Dick Knight is an Albion hero. All right thinking fans will applaud him for what he's done and continues to do for this club. However that does not mean he is perfect, he has an ego, he has favourites, he's a strongwilled character. If he wasn't he might not be where he is today but he is not infallible, and despite the dark mutterings of some I am not convinced that what he did was the right thing or for good reason.

However that has nothing to do with Adams - his abilities as a manager have nothing to do with what went on in the spring and that is what he should be judged on, and of course even if he was to be sacked tomorrow the likelihood of Dean Wilkins returning would be minuscule and if he did it probably wouldn't work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here