Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Out Thread

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
You all enjoy gving that about how he's the one. Good thing that wilkins has gone and all that, then we hit a bad patch of form and panic and say get him out, its not going to happen lets face it he'll be here for at least 2 if not more seasons.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Well said, Tim. Good to see a few more posters on NSC not involved in this sad little Adams love-in. Wilson would have been the perfect manager for us at the moment. Adams has failed at every club he has been to since leaving us and is doing so again. Like Hinshelwood a few seasons ago, it is inevitable that he will be given the boot. The longer we leave it, the harder it will be for the next manager to get us out of the shit. Knight left it too late when he appointed Coppell, looks like he could be doing the same again with Adams.

Yes, you're so right. Because Wilson has been a brilliant manager wherever he's been....

And Adams a failure? For getting Leicester promoted to the Premiership (OK I accept he couldn't keep them there). For leaving Coventry in 8th position?

Sorry, but you're an idiot.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It absolutely amazes me that people are still going on about Wilkins being sacked wrongly.

NOBODY, except Dick Knight, the board and Dean Wilkins knows the reason why he was sacked.

It was NOT because he failed to make the play-offs and I am pretty certain it was not to simply bring Adams back.

If you read between the lines of what Dick Knight has said there was clearly some other problem that we are unaware of in any detail.

So by all means lets have a debate about Adams (my position: still concerned about his tactics but I'd give him time) but lets not talk a bought the right and wrongs of Wilkins when the only people who know the real story made the decision.

The problem is that all we ever hear is one side to the story and that is always Dick Knights - People's hands must be very tied when they leave this club - Dean and Ian have not really said anything for one reason or another since they left - Have they ?

The problem is that all we ever hear is one side to the story and that is always Dick Knights - People's hands must be very tied when they leave this club - Dean and Ian have not really said anything for one reason or another since they left - Have they ?

Incorrect.

We have NOT heard Dick Knight's side of the story. He's been very definite about not being prepared to go into detail as to why DW was sacked and personally I respect him for that. What good would it do? It would only start a public argument between DW and DK which would have a destabilising effect on the club and possibly damage the reputation of either person.

All just so that we know the truth? Do you SERIOUSLY suggest that the Albion should wash their dirty linen in public?

Presumably as part of DW's settlement there was a non-disclosure clause stopping either party from discussing it in public. Perfectly good business practice and obviously Dean Wilkins agreed otherwise he wouldn't have signed the agreement.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you trust Dick Knight. Personally I do, he's done a lot for the club and never given me any reason not to doubt his determination to do what he thinks is right for the Albion.

Not what I think is right, not what you think is right, not what NSC thinks is right but what HE thinks is right.

It's called being Chairman of the Board.

You may not trust him and that is your prerogative. But I have yet to see a shred of evidence why he shouldn't be trusted.

If you know of such evidence then I for one would be very pleased to hear it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Incorrect.

We have NOT heard Dick Knight's side of the story. He's been very definite about not being prepared to go into detail as to why DW was sacked and personally I respect him for that. What good would it do? It would only start a public argument between DW and DK which would have a destabilising effect on the club and possibly damage the reputation of either person.

All just so that we know the truth? Do you SERIOUSLY suggest that the Albion should wash their dirty linen in public?

Presumably as part of DW's settlement there was a non-disclosure clause stopping either party from discussing it in public. Perfectly good business practice and obviously Dean Wilkins agreed otherwise he wouldn't have signed the agreement.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you trust Dick Knight. Personally I do, he's done a lot for the club and never given me any reason not to doubt his determination to do what he thinks is right for the Albion.

Not what I think is right, not what you think is right, not what NSC thinks is right but what HE thinks is right.

It's called being Chairman of the Board.

You may not trust him and that is your prerogative. But I have yet to see a shred of evidence why he shouldn't be trusted.

If you know of such evidence then I for one would be very pleased to hear it.

Agree with all of that.

For many punters Adams has not lived up tp their expectations. WHETHER, he will improve the side we are going to wait and see, because he ain't going anywhere, we just can't sack him, because who are earth would want to come to this club - what can we realistically offer them?

So Adams is here for another couple of more years, like his first spell, he will get it right around November, gradually we will improve and lets see.

But my friends the man is not going anywhere.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It absolutely amazes me that people are still going on about Wilkins being sacked wrongly.

NOBODY, except Dick Knight, the board and Dean Wilkins knows the reason why he was sacked.

It was NOT because he failed to make the play-offs and I am pretty certain it was not to simply bring Adams back.

If you read between the lines of what Dick Knight has said there was clearly some other problem that we are unaware of in any detail.

So by all means lets have a debate about Adams (my position: still concerned about his tactics but I'd give him time) but lets not talk a bought the right and wrongs of Wilkins when the only people who know the real story made the decision.
But if they choose not to tell us the "real story" then people are going to make up their minds based on what they do know, and that's what went on on the pitch. And on that basis it was a MASSIVE balls up.

And why are you telling us to just accept things because we don't know any better and then saying you're "pretty certain" that it wasn't just to bring back Adams? Has someone told you that or hinted to it. If not then on your own logic you should not be saying or thinking such things. ???

It's not Adams that has to go, it's White and Booker.

Get a decent coach in NOW, before the slide continues.

Haven't we had a vacancy for a first team coach since DW turned down the position in the summer so I don't see how sacking White and Booker would help us recruit anybody for this?
White is Assistant Manager, as he was under DW, and Booker's role is largely that filled by Ian Chapman until he left in May.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
he will get it right around November, gradually we will improve and lets see.

We're all Brighton fans LC [except Nibble, obviously] so we all HOPE that this does happen.

However, the evidence that we see with our own eyes, does nothing at all to suggest any improvement is immenent. Its not like the poor results have been down to bad luck. We haven't played well, but not got the breaks. We have been desperately poor, and our position is NOT a false one.

Keep the [blind] faith.

We're all Brighton fans LC [except Nibble, obviously] so we all HOPE that this does happen.

However, the evidence that we see with our own eyes, does nothing at all to suggest any improvement is immenent. Its not like the poor results have been down to bad luck. We haven't played well, but not got the breaks. We have been desperately poor, and our position is NOT a false one.

Keep the [blind] faith.

Remembering last time, where he had a group of players I admit he already knew well, we were competitive but average at home but very poor away, then we had that Millwall away cup game, they were strolling the then second division.

The game gave the players confidence that we could beat everyone and Adams then settled on the side and structure of the Team. He knows we are too good to go down but he is experimenting at the mo, and I recknon November is his time to settle things down and stick with his game plan. Messy but a man working with new players but holding a lot of experience.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, you're so right. Because Wilson has been a brilliant manager wherever he's been....

And Adams a failure? For getting Leicester promoted to the Premiership (OK I accept he couldn't keep them there). For leaving Coventry in 8th position?

Sorry, but you're an idiot.

Actually Leicester went into administration the season he took them up. So they were stuck with a Premiership squad in the Championship without having to sell players to pay creditors. Easy way to win promotion. Finishing 8th with Coventry? Hardly an achievement to set the world alight. What about Adams record elsewhere?

Enjoying wanking off over Micky Adams, tosser. :tosser:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
For many punters Adams has not lived up tp their expectations. WHETHER, he will improve the side we are going to wait and see, because he ain't going anywhere, we just can't sack him, because who are earth would want to come to this club - what can we realistically offer them?

So Adams is here for another couple of more years, like his first spell, he will get it right around November, gradually we will improve and lets see.

But my friends the man is not going anywhere.

Good and I hope you are right!

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
adams out

Always felt very uncomfortable about the way Wilkins was bundled out - that 7th place now seems a very good spot to be. He maybe seemed to have trouble motivating the players at times but tactically he appears to be light years ahead of Adams. All he has offered so far are some useful contacts with 'old' players(but you will not convince me that Hawkins is a better prospect than Lynch) and some good away results. The crowds will disappear at Withdean if Saturdays performance becomes the norm ( Missed the Man City game , would you believe?! - out the country) - come on , Micky - sort it out QUICKLY!:bla:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That overused quote eh Hans?

I don't think anybody has blind faith, just trying to keep a sense of perspective during a difficult period.

Why is it a difficult period? We've played nearly all the rubbish teams already. We've played 5 of the bottom 6 and only beaten one of them. We have far harder fixtures coming up.

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't HOPE for a quick turnaround, but that people who are telling us to EXPECT it to turn around any time soon, despite no evidence to suggest it will, are exhibiting blind faith. Yes.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Why is it a difficult period? We've played nearly all the rubbish teams already. We've played 5 of the bottom 6 and only beaten one of them. We have far harder fixtures coming up.

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't HOPE for a quick turnaround, but that people who are telling us to EXPECT it to turn around any time soon, despite no evidence to suggest it will, are exhibiting blind faith. Yes.

And managing a draw against Manchester City does not represent evidence? One game, I appreceiate, but when you consider we have surrendered 4 points in stoppage time of games recently, that doesn't exactly make it 'blind' faith does it?

It still wouldn't put us where some of our over-expectant supports think we should be, but it's not the disaster some of the half-cup empty merchants are making it out to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here