Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accepting facts and old age

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
After having perfect vision, at the age of 44, the other day i finally admitted to myself that i couldn't read small print. Had to buy a pair of reading glasses !!! I'm getting old.

So your arms aren't long enough anymore?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its worked in my favour last week, a promotion and a significant payrise, seemingly as I'm now of the age to be able to qualify to be senior finance management - figure that one out at 38...Sadly still some way short of what the male senior finance managers are being paid, but all things in good time...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lolol: I can identify with that....also, you know life is creeping up on you when a supermarket cashier asks you for ID when you're buying alcohol, and after the initial reaction of stunned disbelief, you just want to kiss them...

They only seem to do that in Tesco , anyone who looks under 40 gets asked whereas in Asda its 25.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me and my crew, were in a bar, yonks ago, leering at the ladies.
That is until I pointed out , all the haggered looking old slappers, were probably about our age.

That rather stopped the evening, in it's tracks.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My, I do feel old. My terrible moment was when Pat Jennings retired. He was the last serious professional footballer of my age.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I'm ashamed to say that I've been offered a seat on the tube several times, but I'll only be old when I say yes please.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
unfortunately when you get to or past 50 you become somehow anonymous, invisible,your voice becomes so weak nobody can hear it.
get used to it and remember not to fall over in the street as you will be stepped over as people will think you are just an old drunk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
43 now. Hate to give up the football two years ago because of MS but would play again if I could find an over 35s league... havent done much exercise the last year as have been too busy, except swimming but my daughter and I are starting trekking this year... at % she should now juts eb able to do it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The first sign of getting old for me was realising people stopped giving me nightclub flyers......used to annoy me when people used to give them to me...not getting them bugged me even more.

That happened to me three weeks ago in town. Was with my daughter and sister in law (28). They offered her the flyer but not me!!!! Still I was holding my daughter's hand at the time.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Turned 50 last year - also had to get bi-focals.....BI-FOCALS! I now admire plush saloons, estates, 4x4s etc in car show rooms as opposed to the hot hatches (do they still exist?), convertables etc. I am forever reading obituries for the heroes of my youth and the women I fancied as a teenager!!:nono:

On the plus side my hair is not yet grey I have a lovely wife and 2 fab young kids, whom we spend our time taking to swimming, football, cricket coaching, going for walks, cycling and riding lessons - I don't have time to feel I am getting older:clap2:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I had to get glasses when I went back to England after living in Holland for 7 years...I sort of assumed my issues with seeing clearly were marijuana related...bit of a shock to find out after a couple of months, that it wasnt a grass thing and I actually needed glasses..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One pleasure I get from my age is the knowledge that all the girls I fancied at school are now the same age and undoubtedly flabby and saggy and probably wrinkled and grey.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
One pleasure I get from my age is the knowledge that all the girls I fancied at school are now the same age and undoubtedly flabby and saggy and probably wrinkled and grey.

Sort of same thing...I want to meet the ones I fancied...who in truth, were not world beaters anyway... when im with my beautiful 25 yr old Uzbek sweety...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How did you make all you millions Dave ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dont have millions...have a proper job and help girlfriend run bar......theres so many beautiful girls here, that they behave normally and not up their own arses...the only problem with that is im being spoiled and returning to UK will be a bit of a let down... im not saying theres not beautiful girls in uk...just not enough of them....
Ive turned down girls here that I would have chased for months if not years at home......theres just a large percentage of beautiful girls here...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dont have millions...have a proper job and help girlfriend run bar......theres so many beautiful girls here, that they behave normally and not up their own arses...the only problem with that is im being spoiled and returning to UK will be a bit of a let down... im not saying theres not beautiful girls in uk...just not enough of them....
Ive turned down girls here that I would have chased for months if not years at home......theres just a large percentage of beautiful girls here...

Next question then.................

Got a spare room.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I could never pull girls who look like this in UK.
Although she has lately committed the cardinal sin of changing hair colour to black.

Attachments

• dilli looking cute.bmp
    802.2 KB · Views: 107

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here