Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accepting facts and old age

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
just had a cardio stress test this morning and been called the fittest 55 year old the quack has seen;
my hearing is going so i may have missed "today but you are my first patient"

anyway as far as i am concerned the quack is the harry rednapp of his profession and i am enjoying being bigged up today; makes the brighton marathon training worthwhile!

I hope for your sake that that is not like getting the full backing of the chairman...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
just had a cardio stress test this morning and been called the fittest 55 year old the quack has seen;
my hearing is going so i may have missed "today but you are my first patient"

anyway as far as i am concerned the quack is the harry rednapp of his profession and i am enjoying being bigged up today; makes the brighton marathon training worthwhile!

But Doc - I am only 25 !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know that these days I tend to prefer this :

Edit-Sian-Williams-44663448.jpg

to most women in their 20s. That's something that has changed over time. :)

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I'm 50 this year and in the last three years I have run a half marathon, completed an olympic distance triathlon and been ski-ing for the first time in 25 years. This year I'm aiming to cycle the South Downs way and now I've started trampolining. I'm now fitter than I've ever been, but then I used to be a fat slob.

I thought the worst barrier for me was 35. Closer to 50 than 20. Now I just know I'm old!

:( I'm 35 today - Thanks for drawing my attention to that! :annoyed:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
She said this morning that she was brought up in Eastbourne. :love:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When you father a child at 50 and when offering something to the child old dears ask if their Grandfather would like one too.
I've got a worse story than that. I'm 53 and look every year of it whereas my wife is only just 50 and looks at least ten years younger. We were on the Isle of Wight ferry last summer with our three dogs (there's a special Dog Zone on board) and we were chatting with some other dog owners who had two little girls of five and three. I went off the toilet and the 5 year old said to my wife, my WIFE this is not my daughter: "Where's your Grandad gone?" Cheeky cow.

Only just given up 5-a-side Pitch Invasion though - and that was only because the team folded.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You know you're getting old when the grey hairs start appearing not only on your head but also on your nutsack.

Difficulty driving at night, listening to the Today program, more getting during the night for a P, difficulty getting an errection, finding Meture Adult film stars a turn on ( Grannytube ), penal dripping after a piss.The list goes on forever

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
I'm 50 this year and in the last three years I have run a half marathon, completed an olympic distance triathlon and been ski-ing for the first time in 25 years. This year I'm aiming to cycle the South Downs way and now I've started trampolining. I'm now fitter than I've ever been, but then I used to be a fat slob.

I thought the worst barrier for me was 35. Closer to 50 than 20. Now I just know I'm old!

Good on you fella, you should hopefully live for ever. Sods law being what it is though, take my advice and watch out for that bus that will be waiting for you next time you step off the kerb!:lol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
After having perfect vision, at the age of 44, the other day i finally admitted to myself that i couldn't read small print. Had to buy a pair of reading glasses !!! I'm getting old.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The first sign of getting old for me was realising people stopped giving me nightclub flyers......used to annoy me when people used to give them to me...not getting them bugged me even more.

:lolol: I can identify with that....also, you know life is creeping up on you when a supermarket cashier asks you for ID when you're buying alcohol, and after the initial reaction of stunned disbelief, you just want to kiss them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here