Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abusive fans will be banned!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's quite convenient for Perry to use the Cox & Robinson smokescreen to hide the disgraceful actions of El-Abd.

Maybe someone should file a complaint to Sussex police about his players (El-Abd) actions post match. Might concentrate his mind on the REAL ISSUE.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
METALMICKY said:
The amount of crap coming out of the club at the moment is astounding. Is anyone at the club going to clearly acknowledge and apologise for E'Abd's berating of the crowd on Sat. At the very least most fair minded fans would like an apology and then its up to the club whether they feel they should fine him.

As it stands all we are getting are diversionary tales of "hate campaigns" against Cox & Robinson. If proven, all fair minded fans would roundly denounce anyone dumb enough to slag off their own players before a ball has been kicked. However, at the present all we are getting are smoke screens to the real issue and let's not forget that Dean White was violently shoved away when he tried to calm El-Abd down midway through his rant at the crowd. That shows a lack of respect for the management let alone the fans.

If El-Abd wants a future as a pro footballer, he's going to need thicker skin to accept the criticism that all fans are entitled to dish out within reason. Let's also not forget El-Abd is built like a brick outhouse and yet on three occasions this season he has gone down like a sack of spuds in a deliberate atempt to get an opponent sent off.

Agree with EVERY word of that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
clippedgull said:
It's quite convenient for Perry to use the Cox & Robinson smokescreen to hide the disgraceful actions of El-Abd.

Maybe someone should file a complaint to Sussex police about his players (El-Abd) actions post match. Might concentrate his mind on the REAL ISSUE.

It's hardly a smokescreen - it happened two weeks in a row and before a ball was kicked on saturday. It was mentioned in Dean Wilkins programme notes written BEFORE the game. or are we now saying that it was a pre meditated smoke screen. Wilkins told el-abd that he had given a cover story so he was free to hurl abuse at all and sundry in the south stand?

As i said, I think the club should say something about the el-abd thing. Indeed el-abd himself could say something.

but to start ssome kind of consipracy theory here is just desperate.

It might help the players case if they actually put in a decent performance at Withdean within living memory

How many home games have been worth giving up a saturday afternoon for?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Storer68 said:
It might help the players case if they actually put in a decent performance at Withdean within living memory

How many home games have been worth giving up a saturday afternoon for?

at a rough guess I would say 6 (Brentford, leyton orient, Northwich, scunthorpe, nottingham forest and northampton)

There were some good evening ones too (Swansea, MK Dons, Boston, Gillingham)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
ROSM said:
It's hardly a smokescreen - it happened two weeks in a row and before a ball was kicked on saturday. It was mentioned in Dean Wilkins programme notes written BEFORE the game. or are we now saying that it was a pre meditated smoke screen. Wilkins told el-abd that he had given a cover story so he was free to hurl abuse at all and sundry in the south stand?

As i said, I think the club should say something about the el-abd thing. Indeed el-abd himself could say something.

Well it's quite strange that Perry has not mentioned the El-Abd incident, to my knowledge, at all. Naylor might not have asked Perry directly but surely in reminding the fans about the current policy that the club have implemented that he chose to not apologise for his employees actions of which he must be aware.

If ever there was a case of smoke and mirrors this is it!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Storer68 said:
Blimey. It will be a dull old time next time we play the scum from selhurst

True - but the stewards must use their initiative.

I don't see that there is a huge problem with the baiting and so on. It only needs a quiet word at half time and tell the offender(s) that they risk getting thrown out.

This is just going to stoke the fire though with many people insistent that the club are trying to ruin their day. :shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ROSM said:

I don't know about it being a conspiracy theory, but you must agree it's very strange why the club have been so completely quiet on what Adam did. Personally, I was expecting to hear about in from eith Adam or the club as early as the Harty phone-in. Instead Hart was almost deliberately avoiding the issue. He was a handed a perfect phone-in topic and he didn't want to know.

I don't know if you'd call it a conspiracy theory, but my only explanation for the silence is that the club has told Adam he must come out and make a public apology, and he has refused, maybe even telling the club he does not want them apologising on his behalf. I'd guess further that the players must be supporting his stance, or they would be able to exert sufficient pressure on him to do it.

I simply have no other explanation for why a potentially dreadful piece of PR - at season ticket renewal time - is being made worse by the clubs utter silence on the issue.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've just been reading Ferrets blog on the official site.

It said the young players were subjected to prolonged harassment before the game so it wasn't just some spur of the moment shout or jeer from someone.

As ROSM has said this article has done no more than state what is already printed in the programme every week.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:

It said the young players were subjected to prolonged harassment before the game so it wasn't just some spur of the moment shout or jeer from someone.

As ROSM has said this article has done no more than state what is already printed in the programme every week.

Does anyone else find this harasment of Cox and Robinson slightly strange.
I have never heard of this happening to players before the players take the field.
But the fact it was the same two players for two consecutive home matches, makes me wonder if it is not football related and in fact maybe someone with an axe to grind about something outside of football.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:

If that was the root cause of what happened later on, perhaps Adam El-Abd should have jogged over and used his colourful language to the individuals concerned, rather than taking it out on THE WHOLE SOUTH STAND two hours later.

He can explain all of this in his apology ....... if it ever arrives.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gritt23 said:
If that was the root cause of what happened later on, perhaps Adam El-Abd should have jogged over and used his colourful language to the individuals concerned, rather than taking it out on THE WHOLE SOUTH STAND two hours later.

He can explain all of this in his apology ....... if it ever arrives.

I'm not saying the two were connected. I'm not even commenting on El Abd's outburst because all I know of it is what I have read on here.

I am saying the article at the start of thread states what the club has said all along.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
fosters headband said:
Does anyone else find this harasment of Cox and Robinson slightly strange.
I have never heard of this happening to players before the players take the field.
But the fact it was the same two players for two consecutive home matches, makes me wonder if it is not football related and in fact maybe someone with an axe to grind about something outside of football.

I agree. Personally can't think of any football reason to have a go at two talented young players who are learning the game. Seems as bizarre as the clubs response to it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Giraffe said:
I agree. Personally can't think of any football reason to have a go at two talented young players who are learning the game. Seems as bizarre as the clubs response to it.

which is almost as bizarre as the continued inability of some to grasp that all the club have done in relation to the robinson/cox incident is to reiterate in response to a question, what their policy is with regard to complaints about crowd behaviour

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
which is almost as bizarre as the continued inability of some to grasp that all the club have done in relation to the robinson/cox incident is to reiterate in response to a question, what their policy is with regard to complaints about crowd behaviour

I have tried to explain it too.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
ROSM said:

No argument with what the club has stated.

I just cant understand why fans have picked on these two before a ball has been kicked by them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
fosters headband said:
No argument with what the club has stated.

I just cant understand why fans have picked on these two before a ball has been kicked by them.

Typical bullying, pick on the smallest. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here