Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abusive fans will be banned!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I may well go occasionally.

I might even have been there on saturday but who's to know.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
I may well go occasionally.

I might even have been there on saturday but who's to know.

You might have been but you did very well to get home before 5.30.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have just read this article and am astounded.

I completely disagree with abusing the players as it has been alleged, but to say supporters will be banned if they are abusive to players? Absolutely ridiculous!

Does this now mean that we cannot slag off another club's player, ref, linesman?

The club and the overpaid players at the club need to start remembering exactly who a) pays their wages and b) they owe their jobs and careers to.

It seems to be forgotten at the moment that without the supporters, no matter how stupid some of them can be at times, this club would now be dead and alot of us would have to be content with watching Soccer Saturday or local non-league football and the current board and club staff would do well in remembering that.

All that I'll say is that it is lucky some of us didn't give up with this club as easily as some of the players have over the last couple of weeks!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
supaseagull said:
I have just read this article and am astounded.

I completely disagree with abusing the players as it has been alleged, but to say supporters will be banned if they are abusive to players? Absolutely ridiculous!

Not really. We can't have a repeat of last Saturday and the club must come down hard to avoid any further incidents. It is not as if they can breakdown the level of abuse.

Do's

F*ck sake Mayo, kick the bloody ball.

Don'ts

Pre-match vitriolic abuse
Sustained abuse and foul language towards players.

It is best to aviod any incident and all costs.

I don't expect there wil be many changes to the current system, but they may well stop us from congregating on the running track at the end of the game and have more stewards there before the game.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Why doesn't the club operate a swear box system: you're fined 10p for minor swearing, 25p for a F***/F***ing and 50p per C***...?

We could fund the building of Falmer in under a month that way.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
Not really. We can't have a repeat of last Saturday and the club must come down hard to avoid any further incidents. It is not as if they can breakdown the level of abuse.

Do's

F*ck sake Mayo, kick the bloody ball.

Don'ts

Pre-match vitriolic abuse
Sustained abuse and foul language towards players.

It is best to aviod any incident and all costs.

I don't expect there wil be many changes to the current system, but they may well stop us from congregating on the running track at the end of the game and have more stewards there before the game.

Well, it's lucky for me that this board weren't in charge when Richard Tiltman got picked over Dean Saunders then!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Withdean Wanderer said:
Albion have a zero tolerance polic...UOTE] Does this apply to away fans as well?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Abusive fans will be banned!

Buzz said:
Does this apply to away fans as well?

Probably not as they can stand whenever they want.

Still just brushes under the carpet the issue of what El Abd did.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Albion have a zero tolerance policy towards foul and abusive language, racist language and behaviour, homophobic chanting, drunkenness, pitch encroachment and missile throwing.

Foul and abusive language - yep i have when players make mistakes - it comes as part of frustration

Racist Language and behaviour - dont think i have, but does singing songs about poor northerners or welsh count

homophobic chanting - done that too - but thats always in jest when at away games when our fans are in too stands, and ironic homophobic chanting at away fans at withdean

drunkenness - i pretty much am drunk at every game

pitch encroachment - not done that

missle throwing - not done that either but got hit on the head by a random oxo cube on saturday

i dont think im a bad fan, but looks like i will be banned :down:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh no. I would hereby like to apply for a retrospective ban for shouting "For f***'s sake (insert name of almost every Brighton centre-half for the last ten years)" at games on on many occasions.

I DO NOT agree with shouting abuse at Cox and Jake before kick off, but I think this is sort of silly, now, and smacks a little of Martin Perry's classic has-to-be-seen-to-be-doing-somethingism.
Well said. Yelling abuse in the heat of the moment is part of football. You can tell 'they' won't be happy until the emotion of a crowd at a football match has been reduced to the level of a nice, well-mannered 'happy clappy' sport like tennis.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
mendoza10 said:
Albion have a zero tolerance policy towards foul and abusive language, racist language and behaviour, homophobic chanting, drunkenness, pitch encroachment and missile throwing.

Foul and abusive language - yep i have when players make mistakes - it comes as part of frustration

Racist Language and behaviour - dont think i have, but does singing songs about poor northerners or welsh count

homophobic chanting - done that too - but thats always in jest when at away games when our fans are in too stands, and ironic homophobic chanting at away fans at withdean

drunkenness - i pretty much am drunk at every game

pitch encroachment - not done that

missle throwing - not done that either but got hit on the head by a random oxo cube on saturday

i dont think im a bad fan, but looks like i will be banned :down:

Funny isn't it? The club moan that the supporters don't make enough atmosphere and noise at home games and then when they do, the club STILL moan!

It's political correctness gone mad - for f*ck's sake it is a football match so I wish the club would stop whining about what the supporters say and concentrate on running the club and trying to win a game of football - then perhaps some of the more moronic fans won't have the need to abuse their own players!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So there goes a good few of our chants as well.

I think its RIGHT to take a stand on this, but a worrying trend if it goes too far which will only further deter people who go infrequently because they are witnessing sub standard prima donnas ONLY interested in the size of their diamond earstud, or some z list rap gathering in Brentford.

It would of been a PLEASURE to have been banned for calling Colin Kazim Richards a spineless little overated C U N*T.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Rougvie said:

I think its RIGHT to take a stand on this, but a worrying trend if it goes too far which will only further deter people who go infrequently because they are witnessing sub standard prima donnas ONLY interested in the size of their diamond earstud, or some z list rap gathering in Brentford.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
NSC never ceases to make me laugh.How a group of relatively intelligent individuals (plus some not so) can get so hot under the collar on this article is a source of wonder.

Just read what Perry has said:

"I am aware that two players were abused during the warm-up. I've had a preliminary report and I've called for further reports.

Nothing contentious there

"If an incident like that is reported to us at the time and we can catch the culprits we would take action.

This depends on what 'the incident' is so again hardly a shock. Could it be that the abuse was more than just 'you're rubbish Cox - get off' what if the comments were more sustained and were say homophobic or another more personal form of prolonged abuse?

"When we get reports about foul and abusive language, which is the same thing, we gather the evidence to catch the culprits. That has happened in the past and we've dealt with it.

again, what is contentious about this?

"Depending on the nature of the offence, we would ban those involved for a period until they see the error of their ways."

so what he is saying is that the facts will be reviewed and a decision is based on the facts and investigation - what's contentious about that?

I think the only missing part of this is the potential repurcussions about Adam El-Abd but again it depends what questions were asked of Martin Perry. I very much doubt he rang Andy Naylor up unsolicited to make these comments.

But despite this - NSC still proceeds to do what it does best - have a witch hunt against one of the club officials.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I think that Albion fans are getting and seeing exactly the kind of team and performances that the behaviour of a number of them deserve. It's just a pity that the vast majority of Albion fans are also having to suffer it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Rougvie said:

It would of been a PLEASURE to have been banned for calling Colin Kazim Richards a spineless little overated C U N*T.

Exactly - it's the line that is drawn and where, that is key here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is bad PR by the Albion. I don't agree with abusing players, and those that did so to Cox and Robinson before the game should be ashamed of themselves. But this will be seen by many as the club acting like the old board did and that when they are asking people to renew their season ticket. Most supporters will I believe think it is there right to boo a team when they play shockingly badly, and abuse from supporters is part and parcel of the game. What the club should have said is they won't accept two young players being victimised by a small element before the game has even started. I think they have spread the net too wide on this one. But as stated before Martin Perry is a total cock so nothing would surprise me from him.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Giraffe said:
This is bad PR by the Albion. I don't agree with abusing players, and those that did so to Cox and Robinson before the game should be ashamed of themselves. But this will be seen by many as the club acting like the old board did and that when they are asking people to renew their season ticket. Most supporters will I believe think it is there right to boo a team when they play shockingly badly, and abuse from supporters is part and parcel of the game. What the club should have said is they won't accept two young players being victimised by a small element before the game has even started. I think they have spread the net too wide on this one.

I agree - it just reminds me of when we played Blackburn at the Goldstone a few years back and around 100 police officers stood in front of the north stand because the board told them to.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Brovian said:
Well said. Yelling abuse in the heat of the moment is part of football. You can tell 'they' won't be happy until the emotion of a crowd at a football match has been reduced to the level of a nice, well-mannered 'happy clappy' sport like tennis.

but as mendoza has pointed out, there are a good many of us who have done some of the behaviour indicated. I think the difference is between an off the cuff comment in the passage of play and some pre meditated, out of context behaviour.

It is because of things like that statement and the greater initiative and protocols with the police that it formspart of, that the club have been able to have 18 matches at withdean this season police free.

So when Perry was approached by Andy Naylor, what was he supposed to say?

I think it needs to be remembered that the comments being investigated here differ greatly from abusing the opposing forward (a la Ian Ormondroyd) for being Plug from the Bash Street Kids whilst he is rolling on the ground after a mild challenge from Steve Jacobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here