Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abusive fans will be banned!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Have you seen the photo then?

I do rather come out of it looking like EXACTLY the sort of person Perry wants banned, and indeed probably incited the whole El-Abd moment, don't I?

It is pretty funny, you look like your head was going to explode. Did that daft old woman a couple of rows back keep poking you and telling you to be quiet as she does to me every week?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
bhafc4eva said:
It is pretty funny, you look like your head was going to explode. Did that daft old woman a couple of rows back keep poking you and telling you to be quiet as she does to me every week?

I think that was probably being aimed at a Bradford player feigning injury, that does often get me out of my seat and trying to get my head to explode.

No, I never get a poke from that woman, either she can't reach or you are more offensive than me. :lolol:

Even the guys in front of me are used to me now, and they rarely turn round anymore other than to laugh and joke with us. There was a time a couple of seasons back when we'd have the odd run-in with them. I bet they are chuckling at the photo.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gritt23 said:
I think that was probably being aimed at a Bradford player feigning injury, that does often get me out of my seat and trying to get my head to explode.

No, I never get a poke from that woman, either she can't reach or you are more offensive than me. :lolol:

Even the guys in front of me are used to me now, and they rarely turn round anymore other than to laugh and joke with us. There was a time a couple of seasons back when we'd have the odd run-in with them. I bet they are chuckling at the photo.

Yeah i remember them having a bit of a row with you. I tried to get someone to take the 2 season tickets on Saturday but no-one was interested. Never mind, i think everyone is getting fed up at the moment.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
All this debate is very well, but the bigger picture is the fact that Perry's statement still tries to cover up what Adam El-Abd did at the end of the game.

Now, I wasn't there, because I am a STH pissed off at wasting a Saturday afternoon. However, everybody I have spoken to who was, Adam's actions weren't anything sustained, but it was abusive and unprofessional, and a big BIG no no as far as professional sportsman are concerned.

To be honest, absuing the players is out of order - period, if they are not good enough, it's not their fault, it's the manager and the coaching staff who have to take responsibility for that because they pick them! Similarly, if they are not trying hard enough or not doing what they should, it's STILL the responsibility of the management to deal with their performance.

I can't help but feel worried about this football club again.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Abusing the players is wrong, but then again so is players abusing the crowd.

If you are going to ban everyone for swearing there will be no one left in the ground.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I expect them to throw the book at me.......good job i haven't renewed my season ticket.:lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Seagull73 said:
All this debate is very well, but the bigger picture is the fact that Perry's statement still tries to cover up what Adam El-Abd did at the end of the game.

but this is the whole point - it wasn't a statement it was answering questions put to him.

There is nothing that is in his comments that isn't already mentioned in the match programme every edition.

so before all the sensitive souls on here who as has been mentioned could start and argument in an empty room, throw their toys out of the pram and start going on about being violated and feeling threatened they might just like to think that they haven't been banned up til now for their behaviour so just perhaps there isn't a big issue ???

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
might as well ban me now

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ROSM said:
before you disappear to Cheltenham - at least you own one of their shirts already.

and you can abuse the team at whaddon road as much as you like:)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ROSM said:
but this is the whole point - it wasn't a statement it was answering questions put to him.

There is nothing that is in his comments that isn't already mentioned in the match programme every edition.

so before all the sensitive souls on here who as has been mentioned could start and argument in an empty room, throw their toys out of the pram and start going on about being violated and feeling threatened they might just like to think that they haven't been banned up til now for their behaviour so just perhaps there isn't a big issue ???

Call me fussy, but I think a professional footballer giving the whole South Stand the wanker sign repeatedly and calling us all "f***ing ****s" IS a big issue.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
You might have been but you did very well to get home before 5.30.

It's not really that difficult is it?

Out by 5 then straight into my car and home by 5.20.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Gritt23 said:
Call me fussy, but I think a professional footballer giving the whole South Stand the wanker sign repeatedly and calling us all "f***ing ****s" IS a big issue.

sorry - but where was I saying about Adam El-Abd? or indeed where am I playing down what should (and indeed) may happen in relation to him?

There is nothing in the piece that has caused this furore that mentions Adam El-Abd. It may be Perry wasn't asked - if that is the case it's hardly the cover up that Seagull 73 is trying to claim.

and you will note that I said this in my first post on this thread:

'I think the only missing part of this is the potential repurcussions about Adam El-Abd but again it depends what questions were asked of Martin Perry. I very much doubt he rang Andy Naylor up unsolicited to make these comments.'

so it's not like I think it should be ignored.

However the comments on here about 'oh well I'll be banned then' etc etc is really a strange reaction to comments made the the chief executive that relate to a statement the club has in every programme. It's hardly a new policy.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
ROSM said:
before you disappear to Cheltenham - at least you own one of their shirts already.

I think you'll be surprised. The policing at Cheltenham is amongst the most overzealous in the league. I recall a friend's mother having her medicine taken off her on the way into the ground in case she threw it as a weaopn. It even had her name and address on it!!

Also I reckon that Cheltenham fans may just be a tad more understanding of their current position than a number of our fans are.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ROSM said:
sorry - but where was I saying about Adam El-Abd? or indeed where am I playing down what should (and indeed) may happen in relation to him?

There is nothing in the piece that has caused this furore that mentions Adam El-Abd. It may be Perry wasn't asked - if that is the case it's hardly the cover up that Seagull 73 is trying to claim.

and you will note that I said this in my first post on this thread:

'I think the only missing part of this is the potential repurcussions about Adam El-Abd but again it depends what questions were asked of Martin Perry. I very much doubt he rang Andy Naylor up unsolicited to make these comments.'

so it's not like I think it should be ignored.

However the comments on here about 'oh well I'll be banned then' etc etc is really a strange reaction to comments made the the chief executive that relate to a statement the club has in every programme. It's hardly a new policy.

I think it's the club responsibility to have commented about this by now. Jees, can we only talk about what we are asked? NO!

If the club want to release a statement they can do, and that is what they should have done almost immediately after the incident.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The amount of crap coming out of the club at the moment is astounding. Is anyone at the club going to clearly acknowledge and apologise for E'Abd's berating of the crowd on Sat. At the very least most fair minded fans would like an apology and then its up to the club whether they feel they should fine him.

As it stands all we are getting are diversionary tales of "hate campaigns" against Cox & Robinson. If proven, all fair minded fans would roundly denounce anyone dumb enough to slag off their own players before a ball has been kicked. However, at the present all we are getting are smoke screens to the real issue and let's not forget that Dean White was violently shoved away when he tried to calm El-Abd down midway through his rant at the crowd. That shows a lack of respect for the management let alone the fans.

If El-Abd wants a future as a pro footballer, he's going to need thicker skin to accept the criticism that all fans are entitled to dish out within reason. Let's also not forget El-Abd is built like a brick outhouse and yet on three occasions this season he has gone down like a sack of spuds in a deliberate atempt to get an opponent sent off.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
METALMICKY said:
The amount of crap coming out of the club at the moment is astounding. Is anyone at the club going to clearly acknowledge and apologise for E'Abd's berating of the crowd on Sat. At the very least most fair minded fans would like an apology and then its up to the club whether they feel they should fine him.

As it stands all we are getting are diversionary tales of "hate campaigns" against Cox & Robinson. If proven, all fair minded fans would roundly denounce anyone dumb enough to slag off their own players before a ball has been kicked. However, at the present all we are getting are smoke screens to the real issue and let's not forget that Dean White was violently shoved away when he tried to calm El-Abd down midway through his rant at the crowd. That shows a lack of respect for the management let alone the fans.

If El-Abd wants a future as a pro footballer, he's going to need thicker skin to accept the criticism that all fans are entitled to dish out within reason. Let's also not forget El-Abd is built like a brick outhouse and yet on three occasions this season he has gone down like a sack of spuds in a deliberate atempt to get an opponent sent off.

Good post. :clap:

And if there isn't any sort of apology, i won't be suprised if El-abd gets booed by his own supporters during the game against Oldham.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here