Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abusive fans will be banned!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/arg...var.1332657.0.abusive_fans_will_be_banned.php
Abusive fans will be banned
By Andy Naylor

Albion warned fans today they risk being banned from Withdean if they are caught swearing at players.

It follows verbal attacks on Jake Robinson and Dean Cox during the warm-up before Saturday's game against Bradford.

The same two players were also abused when they were substitutes for the previous home match against Doncaster.

Albion have launched an investigation into the latest incident and have vowed to come down hard on supporters acting improperly.

Chief executive Martin Perry said: "I am aware that two players were abused during the warm-up. I've had a preliminary report and I've called for further reports.

"If an incident like that is reported to us at the time and we can catch the culprits we would take action.

"When we get reports about foul and abusive language, which is the same thing, we gather the evidence to catch the culprits. That has happened in the past and we've dealt with it.

"Depending on the nature of the offence, we would ban those involved for a period until they see the error of their ways."

Albion have a zero tolerance policy towards foul and abusive language, racist language and behaviour, homophobic chanting, drunkenness, pitch encroachment and missile throwing.

A red card banning warning for anyone committing such offences appears in every home programme.

Meanwhile, Albion's League One survival will become a mathematical certainty if they win at play-off chasing Swansea on Saturday.

Even a draw would be enough, providing Bradford lose at home to fellow strugglers Leyton Orient and Chesterfield fail to win at Northampton.

No parking is available to Albion fans travelling by car to Swansea's Liberty Stadium. They should instead use the Park and Ride, signposted 350 yards after leaving junction 45 of the M4, priced £5 per vehicle.

Coaches and mini-buses should follow the brown stadium signs and park at the stadium, priced £10 per vehicle.

Match tickets must be bought in advance and there are no pubs for away fans close to the ground, which is strictly non-smoking.

Albion's title-challenging reserves are unchanged for today's visit to Millwall (2pm).

Alex Frutos has recovered after aggravating a shin injury in last week's win at Aldershot.

Albion Reserves (4-1-2-1-2): Kuipers; P. Hinshelwood, Elphick, Cobbs, Bakayogo; Mayo; Hart, Frutos; Ward; Elder, Gatting. Subs: Sullivan, Gargan, Pearson, Fogden, Wills.

Does that mean El-abd is going to be banned? Is he going to apologise? Because i can't see things changing if it stays like that!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
"Albion have a zero tolerance policy towards foul and abusive language, racist language and behaviour, homophobic chanting, drunkenness, pitch encroachment and missile throwing."

so maybe apart from racism all the above happen all the time, Its just a jesture to say they dont agree with it, nothing will actually come of it

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Oh no. I would hereby like to apply for a retrospective ban for shouting "For f***'s sake (insert name of almost every Brighton centre-half for the last ten years)" at games on on many occasions.

I DO NOT agree with shouting abuse at Cox and Jake before kick off, but I think this is sort of silly, now, and smacks a little of Martin Perry's classic has-to-be-seen-to-be-doing-somethingism.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh no. I would hereby like to apply for a retrospective ban for shouting "For f***'s sake (insert name of almost every Brighton centre-half for the last ten years)" at games on on many occasions.

I DO NOT agree with shouting abuse at Cox and Jake before kick off, but I think this is sort of silly, now, and smacks a little of Martin Perry's classic has-to-be-seen-to-be-doing-somethingism.

Martin Perry should join new labour

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
mendoza10 said:
"Albion have a zero tolerance policy towards foul and abusive language, racist language and behaviour, homophobic chanting, drunkenness, pitch encroachment and missile throwing."

so maybe apart from racism all the above happen all the time, Its just a jesture to say they dont agree with it, nothing will actually come of it

I suspect you are largely right, and the situation will be no different to how it is now.

However, I don't think the club are in the position to talk of 'culprits' and a 'zero policy' whilst seemingly (in the eye of the public at least) ignoring an identical issue with one of their own staff!!!

If the team plays against Oldham like they did against Bradford half of the South Stand will be banned 'until they see the error of their ways'.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I suspect that this might explain the "The players are absolutely devastated, obviously because of the result, but partly other matters as well which I won't go into at the moment." comment at the weekend. I think we are talking about something significantly more than just a little bit of stick dished out to Cox and Robinson.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought you could get thrown out for swearing anyway, he's making it up.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
I thought you could get thrown out for swearing anyway, he's making it up.

You can. He's confirming it rather than making it up.
As Clown of PB says, he has to be seen to be doing something.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing, so the El Abd incident is just forgotten about.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Amazing, so the El Abd incident is just forgotten about.

Probably not but don't forget McGhee was slated for publicly criticising players, so it may be handled behind closed doors.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Probably not but don't forget McGhee was slated for publicly criticising players, so it may be handled behind closed doors.

Maybe but it has to be seen to be dealt with otherwise the message is clearly you get banned if you abuse us but if we (a player) abuse you that is OK.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Maybe but it has to be seen to be dealt with otherwise the message is clearly you get banned if you abuse us but if we (a player) abuse you that is OK.

I agree but feel whatever the club do with this someone will criticise them.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Note to self.

Must be more abusive at Withdean so I get banned.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
Note to self.

Must be more abusive at Withdean so I get banned.

Can you get banned from somewhere that you're absent from?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
And you know that for a fact????

Which games are we talking about? You said yourself you don't go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here