Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely disgraceful

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Absolutely agree with that, but most are saying it's just the time it takes to get home, or an early start the next day!
Another question then..... Had we scored v Liverpool and they didn't get a 2nd would extra time have been played in a half- empty stadium?
Honestly, I think not! Yes, some, the ones you talk about, would have had to, but the rest?.

Lots of questions. What about an ANSWER to my question?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yawn yawn yawn, another thread criticizing fans for leaving early. You need to get a life mate.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm reading this thread with some amazement at how feelings are running and just some observations if I may.
Lots of mentions of "seeing" them play, "watching" the match but very little of "supporting" the team.
It seems every-one is fully aware of the dreadful transport links.
So my question is...... Taking the above into account, are the people who left supporters or there to watch a game,
Ifvthere had been a floodlight failure putting the game back by say 30 minutes and it was 3 - 3 and we looked likely to score, would you have left with 30 minutes to go or would you have stayed to support the team to a victory?
You all know the situation so why did you go to watch part of a game, when you could have watched the whole game on tv.
You must know by now a game lasts 90 mins + so are you there to support your team or not?

Well lets put another angle on this shall we, Like a lot of other disabled fans I could'nt afford the extra money being asked to be able to sit under a roof. Now after watching and supporting the team for over 90 minutes in the rain by the time I left with 5 minutes to go I was soaked to the skin, Feeling very cold and aching like hell and i'll be feeling rough for the next few days as a result of it. Now if somebody wants to question my loyalty or call me a bad fan or whatever then it's up to them but they'll all get the same reply. Shove your opinions up your arse it's my choice when I leave.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The trains need sorting and/or shuttle busses are needed to brighton station but three we go.

Personally I'd love to see all private motorists, other than the disabled, booted unceremoniously out of the car park, and the whole area set aside for shuttle buses, taxi ranks, in short transport schemes that will be of most benefit to most people. That's the only realistic way to alleviate pressure on the existing transport links. IMHO, like.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It was the same at Withdean - people critising those who leave early. The reson for it is the same though - transport home. The new dynamic this time is that there are 20,000 at the game, and 75% of them are, so far, used to the undercover facilities provided by the Amex. They are also aware that there is a lot of potential hanging around after games, and this was the first game with the wet stuff and a breeze - add losing 1-0 and no immediate signs of the Albion breaking the deadlock - people will leave early.

Improve the transport, and you will stop the early leavers, and improve our chances of expanding the stadium.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
This old tired horse coming up again then? Bit of a non issue in my opinion. Something more thread worthy would be empty seats at the start of a game. Not sure why people get so hot and bothered about people leaving a few minutes early.

I may leave early next game so I get a pint in the North stand quicker, found it quite a challenge getting in three pints before my train tonight with the 8 minutes injury time.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dear Mr HurstpeirpointSeagulls

why the f***ing hell you do you support Brighton? All I EVER see you post on here is f***ing moaning. Genuine question.

You even manage to make the Complete Badger look positive and that saying something.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Personally I'd love to see all private motorists, other than the disabled, booted unceremoniously out of the car park, and the whole area set aside for shuttle buses, taxi ranks, in short transport schemes that will be of most benefit to most people. That's the only realistic way to alleviate pressure on the existing transport links. IMHO, like.
One of those good ideas that will never ever happen. :(

It's no fun to see it but it really must be 99% down to the travel situation.

Sep 30, 2011
Yet again the JCL's show their true colours and give up. 2 minutes on the clock, only 1 down and everyone knows there will be a lot of stoppage time due to the unfortunate injury to Dickers, yet you start leaving in your droves - even Sky commentators commented on it twice.

The result - didn't help us, but good to see we are still 1 point off second...long way to go though..

I hear it was your best attendance of the season? Let's see what happens at your next home game when you're not playing an ex premier team. I predict empty seats starting to appear....

Bunch of JCL jokers, guys...deal with it...

godders

May 21, 2009
As amazing as it is, Falmer is an absolute nightmare to get home from - better transport links needed.
true fact.

transport is a disgrace, building a stadium in the middle of the f***ing countryside is just a completely unsustainable venture when you have a shoddy park & ride, tiny little train station and a car park that costs more than a season ticket.

but that goes nowhere near excusing the fickle 'fans' leaving so early.

supporters?

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Well lets put another angle on this shall we, Like a lot of other disabled fans I could'nt afford the extra money being asked to be able to sit under a roof. Now after watching and supporting the team for over 90 minutes in the rain by the time I left with 5 minutes to go I was soaked to the skin, Feeling very cold and aching like hell and i'll be feeling rough for the next few days as a result of it. Now if somebody wants to question my loyalty or call me a bad fan or whatever then it's up to them but they'll all get the same reply. Shove your opinions up your arse it's my choice when I leave.

Thank you........
At last an honest, if unecessarily rude, reply.
This was the whole point of my post, not wanting to annoy or upset any-one, just wanted some-one to simply say
" It was an awful night, weather terrible, team not performing, had enough so wanted to go home"
Instead lots of insults from people who won't say what they really meant!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We wouldnt have scored if were playing now. No power, no purpose, no f***ing clue. SHAMBLES.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yet again the JCL's show their true colours and give up. 2 minutes on the clock, only 1 down and everyone knows there will be a lot of stoppage time due to the unfortunate injury to Dickers, yet you start leaving in your droves - even Sky commentators commented on it twice.

The result - didn't help us, but good to see we are still 1 point off second...long way to go though.
I hear it was your best attendance of the season? Let's see what happens at your next home game when you're not playing an ex premier team. I predict empty seats starting to appear....

Bunch of JCL jokers, guys...deal with it...

Oh do f*** of you nigel. Our next two home games against Barnsley and Cov have sold out already. Unlike poor old plaace who have to offer kids for a quid to attract more fans despite being fourth and finding the best form in years. And still you won't get more than 18000. Now f*** off.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Absolutely this. Really annoyed me when they started having a pop.

The train situation is a NIGHTMARE, especially if you're going to Lewes as on night games there's about 3 Brighton trains to every Lewes train. People need to stop being so self-righteous. The fact that we get 20,000 on an evening game compared to Palace's 11,000 is the most important thing.

No the fact we get 3 points compared to Brightons 0 is the main thing actually.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Pipe down HUST you weren't even at the game. Who are you to judge.

Sep 30, 2011
Oh do f*** of you nigel. Our next two home games against Barnsley and Cov have sold out already. Unlike poor old plaace who have to offer kids for a quid to attract more fans despite being fourth and finding the best form in years. And still you won't get more than 18000. Now f*** off.

Well done for selling out, brilliant, I'm sure that will help your points tally come May....

Oh, and telling me to f*** off is a bad idea, kid, you'll find out why...

Sep 30, 2011
Absolutely this. Really annoyed me when they started having a pop.

The train situation is a NIGHTMARE, especially if you're going to Lewes as on night games there's about 3 Brighton trains to every Lewes train. People need to stop being so self-righteous. The fact that we get 20,000 on an evening game compared to Palace's 11,000 is the most important thing.

I can almost see you throwing your toys out the pram, or your handbag....

Most important thing is you get better crowds than us at the moment?

Points, dear boy, points...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Well done for selling out, brilliant, I'm sure that will help your points tally come May....

Oh, and telling me to f*** off is a bad idea, kid, you'll find out why...

You said there would be empty seats next home game and I said we have sold out, and the next one, and do doubt all home games this season. Points come may is irrelevant to the argument.

I will find out why? Haha! Are you for real?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is pretty poor though. If we were getting thumped, then there might have been an excuse, but only one goal down with time to play? Even the sky commentators thought it was ridiculous. (first home game I've missed this season in case you were wondering).

It embarrassed me too, I live in London and I'd have stayed, as someone pointed out, the Hammers fans stayed til the end and they weren't all taking coaches! Watching it on tv made it worse because 1000's around the country watched it as they showed it on Sky. I don't really find an excuse for it and I did shout plastics, but then I was just pissed off anyway. Against Hull a bunch of us started singing the fire drill songs at Brighton supporters leaving early and were shouting at them to sit down. I guess this is the price of a brand spanking new stadium and people that don't really support. It's only a 95 minute game, is it that urgent to leave before it ends?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here