Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About The Worst BHAFC Game For Ages

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
sir danny cullip said:
Not sure about that, I recall Constantine saying the wages we offered him were unbelievable so I'm sure with Bas being the last resort to our striker hunt we were prepared to throw a few quid at him.

What exactly are you trying to disagree with me about here?

Gillingham didn't rate Savage as highly as us. They didn't offer him much money, they didn't offer him a long deal.

Who says Savage was our last resort? Clearly Wilkins, White and Knight did their research, and saw something in him that Gills didn't. We've done very well out of it all i think....

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Withdean Wanderer said:
What exactly are you trying to disagree with me about here?

Just the bit where you say Gills can afford better wages than us. They offered bas a contract and obviously did rate him cause they were gutted to loose him. Whatever he says about him only choosing us because the length was longer everybody knows we must have offered him more cash, the gills manager even admitted it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Complete Badger said:
Anyway, regardless of whether he scores goals or not, in my opinion he has TRANSFORMED our season, given the fans a new hero, and offers us something so different to what we already had, that I applaud Wilkins for bringing him here.

Cant disagree with that mate, all I was saying that the goals werent the reason he was brought here but a useful unexpected by-product (that sounds better than lucky:lolol: )

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think the Michel will be shown the door to be honest, he must be taking a fair chunk of wages and we should be able to get a decent keeper on a free in the summer.
Anyway thats another time counsuming subject and im off to bed!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are not mathematically safe yet, although I dont think that we will get relegated, so it makes sense to continue playing Flinders. What I can't understand is why somebody like Arsene Wenger hasn't come in and offered Palace descent money for him as he is young enough for Arsenal to bring on slowly.

On our problems I thought hat taking Savage off was the obvious choice and had said so to Ben as he won absolutely nothing in the whole game, hardly 1 header, and Elder is a similar sort of player so it was a straight one for one. In fact Elder won some headers when he came on.

I agreed with taking Cox off but it was much too late and the unfortunate thing was the alternative Loft, in my opinion would struggle to make the Burgess Hill team. I think that he is absolute tosh. Of the choices available at the time I would have sent Kerry Mayo on in left midfield, but then again I would have had Frutos on the bench instead of Loft.

I am sure that I heard DW come out witha new idea on the interview, he said' we must put our efforts into finding a 20 goal a season forward' that is original!!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
So you don't think he's doing a good job, but you WANT him to stay in the job? Surely that doesn't make sense?

I think he is capable of doing better which is why I don't want him sacked. A years contract at the moment. I don't agree with people who are saying he should be given two or three years and that he is doing a marvellous job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
I think he is capable of doing better which is why I don't want him sacked. A years contract at the moment. I don't agree with people who are saying he should be given two or three years and that he is doing a marvellous job.

Fair comment if as is expected we get a Yes to Falmer and some more investment a further year would give us time to assess whether he is the man to take us to Falmer in the Championship or not before spending too much of that investment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really looks like lack of resources, mind you Ward is back next week ?

This will perhaps add the creativity

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
have said nothing about this but what a shocker on Sat. Wilkins needs to sort this shower out. I'm a die hard and even my loyalty is being seriously tested. We wont put up with these lack lusture performances forever. Want to back Wilkins and would love him to be the man to take us forward. Im just not sure if he is though

Saturday did take the piss

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
f*** me .. I think some of you might need this number .........

Samaritans 08457 90 90 90.

Had a converstaion a couple of weeks ago with a guy who is a mate of football league manager, and who also does scouting for him. His view on the Albion is that our form is classic young team syndrome, win three of four on the trot then lose three or four. One week outstanding next week shite. Text book young team.
He is of the opinion that we are building a good playing side with an up and coming manager ..... Basically his view was why the negativity ... what do you expect ... stop whinging.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So which 5 youth team players are getting offered terms?

Reading the website there are 5 second year scholars, so if Yorkie says there are 5 youth players being offered terms, it must be all 5 of them (good at this detective work me).

So that would be Sonny Cobbs (defender), Sam Gargan (striker), James Martin (midfielder), Lloyd Skinner (winger) and Chris Winterton (goalkeeper).

Are we really going to have another young keeper in the professional ranks?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was a bad game. The highlight of the afternoon being my 4 year old and I arguing about whether his farts are nice or not.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
wasn't the worst game I've ever seen - but fairly inert nonetheless. Sadly with youngsters you get good and bad games almost side by side. As a positive it was a nother clean sheet.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Albion Rob said:
Which side were you on? Nice, or not so nice?

Not so nice. He was sitting on my lap at the time too. :angry:

Still - got to chat to Hans Kraay Fan Club and met his son (Who I bet doesn't fart on his dad's leg) which was nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here