Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron McLean is saying he is joining us in January

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
A massive Ghanain enforcer in central midfield, in.
January shopping list complete.

Interesting. We had a player called Dean Hammond a few years ago who kept the ball in midfield. About 95 % of NSC thought that he wasn't up to the Championship when he left the club. The cry then was for a creative midfielder. Later, certain NSC experts were intriguingly unaware that Crofts was a crucial ball winning player. Oh well!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Peterborough's strike force with a solid defence? Yes PLEASE!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Interesting. We had a player called Dean Hammond a few years ago who kept the ball in midfield. About 95 % of NSC thought that he wasn't up to the Championship when he left the club. The cry then was for a creative midfielder. Later, certain NSC experts were intriguingly unaware that Crofts was a crucial ball winning player. Oh well!

If it's any consolation, I liked them both (as players). A massive, technical, gets-stuck-in centre mid is our primary target IMO. We've played pretty poorly all season and we're sitting just ouside the playoffs. For all the stick our strikers and defenders get, we've been playing shit and we're not even close to relegation. Imagine if we were good in midfield.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I think the management team must have been intriguingly unaware Crofts was a crucial ball winning player as well judging by the fee we got for him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, hasn't he been unashamedly rubbish since he left Peterborough? I hear that other chap who was pretty good for a couple of seasons in L1 and shite ever since is available. What was his name, oh yeah, Billy Paynter....

Can't we look at a striker who is actually scoring goals?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So you've got £5m to put in the pot have you?

Jordan Rhodes & Bradley Wright-Phillips together wouldn't cost £5m. As for Championship strikers, other than Maynard who also isn't actually worth the £6m price tag, nobody would cost that much.

And no I don't but I'm sure if push came to shove our Chairman might have a little...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
:lol: :dunce:

Rhodes alone would cost more than that

Of course he would, he will almost certainly go to a smaller Premiership team too. I do wonder about some of our fans sometimes. We seem to be under the impression that all available (and some not) footballers, want to come to Brighton, or we have the divine right to sign these players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here