Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron McLean is saying he is joining us in January

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think that would be brilliant as he'd link up well with CMS as they scored a heap of goals at Peterborough together. :clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
7 goals in 43 games is hardly impressive for a striker, does Gus not realise strikers are supposed to score goals ,oh Billy paynter ! maybe he doesn`t.

Read my post above. :facepalm:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We were definitely interested in him when he was at Peterborough... I used to think between him and CMS he was the better of the two.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
7 goals in 43 games is hardly impressive for a striker, does Gus not realise strikers are supposed to score goals ,oh Billy paynter ! maybe he doesn`t.

Thank god Gus doesn't just look at goal to game ratio's of strikers. Those stats can mean very little when taken out of context. Zamora's goal to game ratio is not very good since he left us but we would happily take him back wouldn't we?!

The main positive about Mclean for me other than the fact he is a good championship striker, is that he played brilliantly with CMS. A good strike partnership/understanding can move a team onto another level even if individually the players aren't the best strikers around, think Shearer/Sheringham, Keegan/Toshack, Cole/Yorke and more importantly: Ward/Mellor, Small/Byrne and at a lower level but equally vital at the time Hart/Owuso.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who cares about Boyd. Dirty Palace fan

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Good player, would happily have him here, but is he all that different to what we've got?

Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Mclean, Barnes all seem like very similar players IMO.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I didn't think he played very well when we played Hull at the Amex but would be an interesting signing if true!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good player, would happily have him here, but is he all that different to what we've got?

Mackail-Smith, Hoskins, Mclean, Barnes all seem like very similar players IMO.

Similar apart from the fact three are quite good and one is Ashley Barnes...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is that a fact or an Nsc fact? I remember a lot of people thought Nicky Forster was a Palace fan when it turned out he followed West Ham.

Yep pretty sure, its credited in an interview I saw him give once, and seems to be a lot of mention about it on various forums etc

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ashley Barnes who is currently our highest scorer. Don't give me the penalty argument as that was shown up quite clearly last season.

Played well at Cardiff. Apart from that has looked out of his depth, although I don't think his case has been helped by being played attacking midfield on occasion or otherwise wide in a front three.

Jul 20, 2003
right

Soccerbase FACTS

it's 7 goals in 33 starts (10 sub appearances)
he's played in 20 games for (4th placed) Hull this season 4 goals
he's had 6 yellows .... sound like us
h'e 5'6"
he got 66 in 140 league starts for Peterborough (goals,not cards)
312 career starts Orient, Grays, Aldershot,Posh,Hull
12 goals in 20 FA cup games
130 goals (all comps)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here