Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Davies

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A.Davies Thornhill Dicker Bennett

Has the right feel about it at home anyway and I reckon Crofts might just convert to a decent right back (Crofts Tunnicliffe Virgo McNulty). Away from home we might get steamrollered though

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
TBH getting really pissed off with the negativity on here

Sign of the times I'm afraid. Instant gratification is the order of the day. You here people moaning in quality restaurants/pubs that their order has taken longer than 15 minutes to arrive. Presumably they'd rather have a pre-cooked meal microwaved so they can get home in time for Britain's Got Talent....really? has it? you wouldn't think so watching this shite. Patience and respect are sooooo 20th Century it seems, it's now now now and f*** you mate, I was first all the way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
another has been nobody else wants...

Well, Forest seem to want him as they signed him originally and, seemingly, are intent on holding onto him as it is only a loan. If, by 'has been', you mean a 25 year old trying to kick start his career after an unfortunate spell of injuries, then you would be spot on.

Incidentally, why does signing for us mean that no-one else wanted him?

Last edited:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Wasn't the signing of Wright supposed to be a big coup and exactly the type of goalscoring midfielder (though his goalscoring record didn't exactly act as testimony) that we had been looking for for some time? Or did I imagine that?

Does have to worry you somewhat when the transfer policy appears a tad hit and hope doesn't it....

Hopefully Davies will "settle" better, Brighton must be a tough old gig after Milton Keynes...

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I have been waiting for Aaron Davies to sign since the summer as I knew Russell was after him. I was told this by a Yeovil fan who knows his parents very well. His son actually ended up with his play off final shirt! Every Yeovil fan I have spoken to thinks he will be great for us. Unfortunately he has been injured at Forest. Russell rates him and I am sure he will do well for us - a goal scoring midfield player/winger - just what we need.

As for Wright - not settled? What is that about?

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
Not what we need

Am I missing something here? We needed another striker and it may have been prudent to bolster the defence after recent, ahem, events. Really cannot see the point in getting yet another loan player in, this is what Adams seemed to be obsessed with, loanee after loanee. It does nothing to get the team gelling together, just causes inconstistency, look at last season !
:ascarf:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Perhaps Wright was signed because Slade was unsure about getting Bennett and Davies. He had to cover that position,maybe he also knew of Rovers intrest.If that is the case then he has done well,IMO.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Am I missing something here? We needed another striker and it may have been prudent to bolster the defence after recent, ahem, events. Really cannot see the point in getting yet another loan player in, this is what Adams seemed to be obsessed with, loanee after loanee. It does nothing to get the team gelling together, just causes inconstistency, look at last season !
:ascarf:

Not quite in Adams league for loans i dont think, we have 2 loanees who appear to be quality players who should actually strengthen the team and both for 4 months at the moment......neither have played much for Forest so maybe extend the loan if they do well possibly or even make them perminent in the January transfer window. Not like most of the utter shit we loaned last year. Im pretty sure when all fit Slade knows the team he is trying to build and how he wants to play.....just hope it all clicks into place soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here