Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Davies

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An aside.

Talked to my Dad last night who has given up his season ticket this year having been a regular since 1971. He said he was following commentaries on the radio but was struggling to picture the game not having seen half the team or even remembering which name was playing for which side (he is mid-70s). I added the Dicker/Dickinson similarity cant help. Now we have 2 players who are wingers/strikers both called Davies? How else can we confuse our supporters?

a) Bring back Mr President as radio summariser "Dick...eerrrrr"?
b) Sign some more players or coaches called Dean?
c) Sign Kevin Davies?

I'd go for c). Well if Notts County can sign Sol?!?

I'll shut up now.

PG

Good job we got shot of Mark Wright (who played on the right) and kept Jake Wright (who plays on the left) then isn't it.
Or have we ?

I've gone and confused meself now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok, so Wright (who I think looked fairly decent) is signed for nothing and sold for a 'five figure fee'.

That could be ten grand.

And we probably gave him a few grand signing on fee.

So not exactly a SUPER deal. I'd have rather kept him to be honest.

It could also be just £111.11!!! All depends where you put the point!

Matt Bellamy of Muse:

73b7f529-7048-40ec-a24f-fe18a4eb12b8.jpg

Arron Davies of Brighton & Hove Albion:

ahhhhmatthewxdxd4un9.jpg

Is your post supposed to suggest they look alike?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who was I hoping for? An attacking central midfield player.

Is that too much to ask when its been obviously we have been crying out for one for about two seasons now?

Perhaps the clue in what you were after was mentioned in English on the club press release...

"Arron is a more-than-adequate replacement for Wrighty. He can play on either wing, as an attacking midfielder, and he is a player I know very well from my time at Yeovil. I expect him to be a very good acquisition for the club."

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Good job we got shot of Mark Wright (who played on the right) and kept Jake Wright (who plays on the left) then isn't it.
Or have we ?

I've gone and confused meself now.

That's the other confusing one he mentioned. At least that's resolved. Keep up at the back.

PG

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Who was I hoping for? An attacking central midfield player.

Is that too much to ask when its been obviously we have been crying out for one for about two seasons now?

I said who? not what? You must have some candidates to be so constantly underwhelmed by us getting what you consider to be inferior players.

Of course it's not too much to ask for but the reality is as I said in the rest of my post - they aren't 10 a penny and they certainly aren't queing up. Davies gives us another striker option and if you watch the Forest play off game he certainly is creative. Moon on a f***ing stick with a lot on here, give the bloke a chance and then moan if he turns out to be a dud.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I mentioned this lad about 2 months ago.....as I thought he might be part of the lynch swap deal........a real class act and for me this will turn out to be our best bit of summer business.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What we need is a creative midfielder, we dont have a creative midfielder, unless we get one in on loan, we wont be going anywhere this season

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
he seems alright to me :ascarf:

I'm asuming Wright has shagged Mrs.Slade

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dicker is a creative midfielder.
Sadly he can't do it from the bench though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Just put this on another thread:

Mark Wright was wanted by Bristol Rovers before he signed for us. I think the "failed to settle" story is just a cover-up for thanks but we've got someone else in now.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just put this on another thread:

Mark Wright was wanted by Bristol Rovers before he signed for us. I think the "failed to settle" story is just a cover-up for thanks but we've got someone else in now.

was thinking that myself

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I mentioned this lad about 2 months ago.....as I thought he might be part of the lynch swap deal........a real class act and for me this will turn out to be our best bit of summer business.

I agree and hopefully there is the possibility of making the loan permanent.

TBH getting really pissed off with the negativity on here but guess our results so far this season have made it inevitable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here