Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Davies

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
Davies was awesome for Yeovil against Forest in the play-offs iirc.

He was, prompting us to pay £1.2M for him and Chris Cohen. Thankfully Cohen turned out to be worth that money on his own, because Davies has yet to have a good game for us in over two seasons.

He's reasonably clever and his delivery is OK, but he's lightweight and he's a coward - give him a kick and he'll disappear from the rest of the game. Hope he works out better for you than he has for us.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
At least we got something for Wright. Russell realised that perhaps he didn't fit in quite as he wanted and we ended up making a profit on him. Good bit of business (even if Wright did look fairly good). :thumbsup:

I suspect what we got for Wright will have covered his signing-on fee only.

Davies looks a better signing on paper - but then it is only until Christmas.

PG

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
200px-Alan_Davies.jpg

Nottm Forest 06-07-2007 Signed 12 (20) 1 1 (4) 0 3 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Yeovil 16-12-2004 06-07-2007 Free 76 (25) 22 2 (4) 2 2 (1) 1 5 (0) 2

22 goals in 76 league games for Yeovil

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok, so Wright (who I think looked fairly decent) is signed for nothing and sold for a 'five figure fee'.

That could be ten grand.

And we probably gave him a few grand signing on fee.

So not exactly a SUPER deal. I'd have rather kept him to be honest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I thought Wright looked good against Walsall, but i suppose selling him for cash after getting him on a free is good business, Davies could be good but doesnt seem to be the creative midfielder the team is crying out for, i ever happened to thornhill ayway?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm not sure about this, I thought Mark Wright looked promising. But we signed Elliott Bennett to give him competition, rumours were strife that Cox was going to Saints! So why sign someone on a free and give him a two year deal, then just get rid of him two months down line?!

Leek

Jul 21, 2009
Forest fan here again.

Been wanting Davies to go on loan for a while now since he can't get into the team. We signed him along with Cohen, because he tore us apart in that play off match, he got injured in pre-season but then looked good when he played for us in league one, scoring some goals. Good ball control and likes take on full backs alot. He is a right winger but he can also play as a striker, he's played in our cup games this season (Bradford and Middlesborough) and did alright.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am not sure if this is a good bit of plate spinning or not.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The deal we needed was for a PROPER centre midfielder today.

Dosn't look like one will be arriving any time soon.

We need a CREATIVE midfielder and we still aint brought anyone in to play with Dicker and Crofts, when the loan window opens hopefully we'll bring someone in that nature...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
An aside.

Talked to my Dad last night who has given up his season ticket this year having been a regular since 1971. He said he was following commentaries on the radio but was struggling to picture the game not having seen half the team or even remembering which name was playing for which side (he is mid-70s). I added the Dicker/Dickinson similarity cant help. Now we have 2 players who are wingers/strikers both called Davies? How else can we confuse our supporters?

a) Bring back Mr President as radio summariser "Dick...eerrrrr"?
b) Sign some more players or coaches called Dean?
c) Sign Kevin Davies?

I'd go for c). Well if Notts County can sign Sol?!?

I'll shut up now.

PG

bluestripe

Jul 14, 2009
Davies did not have the best of starts at forest breaking his leg in his first pre season wich was not diagnosed for 5 weeks but treated as bad bruising , he then suffered , hamstring and calf muscle injuries and was never able to get a run of games together, he is certainly no coward as his close control and dribbling skills attract fouls he takes kicks and gets on with it, slade knows how to get the best out of him, as he scored many important goals for Yeovil he will be a good signing for us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Forest fan here again.

Been wanting Davies to go on loan for a while now since he can't get into the team. We signed him along with Cohen, because he tore us apart in that play off match, he got injured in pre-season but then looked good when he played for us in league one, scoring some goals. Good ball control and likes take on full backs alot. He is a right winger but he can also play as a striker, he's played in our cup games this season (Bradford and Middlesborough) and did alright.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he will do a good job for us at this level then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here