GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the lad deserves a chance to get his house in order but away from Brighton for a season or two.

His luxury house looks in order already.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18887393.inside-albion-striker-aaron-connollys-new-house/

EE8B5C5A-21ED-4328-BBF2-C324B1D14B2B.png

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder who kept custody of the houses instagram account when they split up:rolleyes:

Also says a lot about the state of football that a young bit part player can afford to live in a place like that. Give it a couple of years and he'll be sharing a bedsit off the Lewes Road with a load students, regaling them of tales of when he was a professional footballer.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I wonder who kept custody of the houses instagram account when they split up:rolleyes:

Also says a lot about the state of football that a young bit part player can afford to live in a place like that. Give it a couple of years and he'll be sharing a bedsit off the Lewes Road with a load students, regaling them of tales of when he was a professional footballer.

Indeed. He doesn't look the type to have saved up half his wages for a rainy day. To be fair, not many footballers do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Feel a bit for Aaron as I doubt he has coordinated this and merely part of a game with his ex-gf deciding to take a career in reality TV.

Lets not forget Lewis Dunk was the same age as Aaron now when he had his legal problems....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Feel a bit for Aaron as I doubt he has coordinated this and merely part of a game with his ex-gf deciding to take a career in reality TV.

Lets not forget Lewis Dunk was the same age as Aaron now when he had his legal problems....

Footballers not very clever shocker . . . not.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I people wonder why footballers are out of touch with the common fan....

I guess this is just another generation and all part of that instant fame, instant wealth, social media driven look at me generation.
I feel lucky not have been in this generation and thankful I actually did stuff without taking photos every five minutes or going to a gig when everyone watched the band, and hardly a camera in sight. I do not envy youth of today, it all seems so fake, and I include Aaron in that statement, I fear he is going to blow it, just like Leon Knight. His girlfriend clearly has designs for social media and he could well be a stepping stone.

Head down Aaron, take a step back, distance yourself from bad influences, you have talent, you could possibly make it.
My advise talk to Lewis, talk to Murray, learn and move on.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I always think that judging Connolly's abillity is SO harsh on here. In his defense:

- he's 21;
- only played 17 times this season (15 of which were in the first 26 games - on twice in the final 12 and only one start);
- suffered a couple of injuries;
- he's only completed 90 mins twice (both in the first 2 months of the season);

Yes, he seems to make some bad life choices. Yes, I'd love him to score more goals. Yes, a loan move next season would be beneficial for all parties. Yes, giving him a multi-million pound contract and the no. 7 shirt was probably too early.

BUT, I still haven't seen him on the pitch anywhere near enough to judge his levels. He's the only one of our youth teamers that hasn't been through the traditional development journey and I think that lack of game time is costing him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I people wonder why footballers are out of touch with the common fan....

I guess this is just another generation and all part of that instant fame, instant wealth, social media driven look at me generation.
I feel lucky not have been in this generation and thankful I actually did stuff without taking photos every five minutes or going to a gig when everyone watched the band, and hardly a camera in sight. I do not envy youth of today, it all seems so fake, and I include Aaron in that statement, I fear he is going to blow it, just like Leon Knight. His girlfriend clearly has designs for social media and he could well be a stepping stone.

Head down Aaron, take a step back, distance yourself from bad influences, you have talent, you could possibly make it.
My advise talk to Lewis, talk to Murray, learn and move on.

Bruno would be a good advisor. He really looked after himself.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I always think that judging Connolly's abillity is SO harsh on here. In his defense:

- he's 21;
- only played 17 times this season (15 of which were in the first 26 games - on twice in the final 12 and only one start);
- suffered a couple of injuries;
- he's only completed 90 mins twice (both in the first 2 months of the season);

Yes, he seems to make some bad life choices. Yes, I'd love him to score more goals. Yes, a loan move next season would be beneficial for all parties. Yes, giving him a multi-million pound contract and the no. 7 shirt was probably too early.

BUT, I still haven't seen him on the pitch anywhere near enough to judge his levels. He's the only one of our youth teamers that hasn't been through the traditional development journey and I think that lack of game time is costing him.

Indeed.

Well, five years ago people here labelled Lewis Dunk "the new Titus Bramble" "who will never be a top player". Luckily for Aaron, people know very little. But I suppose it is fun to bash footballers and try to find every possible angle to make them look as bad as possible - probably a nice distraction from ones own failures in life. If you want to understand why society looks like it does, look no further than this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here