Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If these anonymous sources are only anonymous to me, what is the point of anonymity? Why not share the name of ACs barber if everyone knows who it is?

It is very convenient for you and others to play the "you're not here so you don't understand everyone knows each other and everyone knows what everyone is up to all the time" card because if I point out the absurdity of it, you can always say "you're in Sweden, you don't know". Very easy to hide behind. But other threads show that this "all of the 220 000 people in Brighton are fully aware and in the know of each and every citizen" might not be entirely true. If that was the case, why would there be dozens of people going Sigmund Freud on Bissouma rather than just ask their wives or something about his feelings and whether he bothered to plant geraniums this year and whatnot. Why does not anyone appear to know why Neal Maupay goes to dressing room after games? Surely just ask him or his barber or whatever?

The timeline regarding AC is interesting. Not once did I see anyone claiming to know him (and/or everyone he's ever met) when he was playing well and scoring goals. Not once, as far as I remember, did I see anyone claiming he has a bad attitude until the goals dried up. Then he didn't continue to perform according to peoples absurd expectations and they made the decision he must have a bad attitude rather than being a so-so player, and once his name was in the tabloids for the first time, people crawled up from everywhere to tell how they know all about him etc.

This is too common and gives strong scavenger vibes... All quiet, people don't like how he plays and when the tabloids run some pretty much non-story all of a barbers and bartenders and friends of friends appear from every corner to take the opportunity to pour fuel on it. Coupled with the eternal desire to scapegoat players - be it Maupay, Gross, Connolly or whoever - it leaves me with the impression that people are full of shit and lies.

The fact that none of these supposedly real people are willing to put their names and faces behind this gossiping, which just reeks of dishonesty. Apparently I'm expected to believe what some of you guys are saying based on your omniscient yet obviously very secret sources. Yet the obvious reluctance to name these people sure does give the impression that they might be fictional people made up to push your narratives. There is no way of fact checking your claims about knowing a shitload of people who know Aaron Connolly. What are you afraid of? What are they afraid of?

A court case?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If these anonymous sources are only anonymous to me, what is the point of anonymity? Why not share the name of ACs barber if everyone knows who it is?

It is very convenient for you and others to play the "you're not here so you don't understand everyone knows each other and everyone knows what everyone is up to all the time" card because if I point out the absurdity of it, you can always say "you're in Sweden, you don't know". Very easy to hide behind. But other threads show that this "all of the 220 000 people in Brighton are fully aware and in the know of each and every citizen" might not be entirely true. If that was the case, why would there be dozens of people going Sigmund Freud on Bissouma rather than just ask their wives or something about his feelings and whether he bothered to plant geraniums this year and whatnot. Why does not anyone appear to know why Neal Maupay goes to dressing room after games? Surely just ask him or his barber or whatever?

The timeline regarding AC is interesting. Not once did I see anyone claiming to know him (and/or everyone he's ever met) when he was playing well and scoring goals. Not once, as far as I remember, did I see anyone claiming he has a bad attitude until the goals dried up. Then he didn't continue to perform according to peoples absurd expectations and they made the decision he must have a bad attitude rather than being a so-so player, and once his name was in the tabloids for the first time, people crawled up from everywhere to tell how they know all about him etc.

This is too common and gives strong scavenger vibes... All quiet, people don't like how he plays and when the tabloids run some pretty much non-story all of a barbers and bartenders and friends of friends appear from every corner to take the opportunity to pour fuel on it. Coupled with the eternal desire to scapegoat players - be it Maupay, Gross, Connolly or whoever - it leaves me with the impression that people are full of shit and lies.

The fact that none of these supposedly real people are willing to put their names and faces behind this gossiping, which just reeks of dishonesty. Apparently I'm expected to believe what some of you guys are saying based on your omniscient yet obviously very secret sources. Yet the obvious reluctance to name these people sure does give the impression that they might be fictional people made up to push your narratives. There is no way of fact checking your claims about knowing a shitload of people who know Aaron Connolly. What are you afraid of? What are they afraid of?

To be clear, you want me to name his barber, name my friend who runs the pub he goes in, name the people at work who’ve told me things about him out on the town? Do you want me to PM them to you? Can you tell me what this will achieve, seeing as you will have no idea who they are? Upon seeing these names, will you then think ‘Ah OK he’s right, these random names I’ve never heard of have proved the point’?

I still don’t think you understand the point. They’re not ‘anonymous sources’ they’re real people who I know, and so do other people. And there are loads of other examples that other people here have given. I saw AC on Thursday in Ditchling, as I regularly do. Is it really that hard to believe? I used to bump into Connor Goldson sometimes in Haywards Heath as well, he lived on one of the new build estates here. Him and Sam Baldock used to drink in Orange Square in HH on Saturdays when they were out injured and weren’t travelling with the squad. So did Duffy. Never heard any issues about them. Dean Cox’s parents live opposite me, Dean used to send his kids to the same school as mine and did some football coaching for them. My friend was out drinking with Bruno and Ulloa on Thursday. Someone on Facebook put a picture of him and Ulloa in a kebab shop at 3am in fact. It’s so bizarre how you think it is completely impossible for anybody on NSC to have every had any direct or indirect dealings with AC. Do you think he lives in a cave or something? Sussex is a small place and footballers go to restaurants, they go to shops, they get their hair cut, they buy houses from estate agents, they pick up their kids from school.

Do you honestly, genuinely think that all these people who have had dealings with AC are all lying? A big conspiracy to prove something that isn’t true to some weird Swedish bloke on the internet? How likely does that sound? You need to ease up on the weed mate.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A court case?

Based on what? Barber-Customer confidentiality? Could you take a night club owner or a friend of a friend to court for saying "I don't like this bloke and how he behaves, kind regards *insert name*"?

I'm not anti-anonymity in general but IMO when you share negative stuff about peoples personal lives, it is very weak to hide behind it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
To be clear, you want me to name his barber, name my friend who runs the pub he goes in, name the people at work who’ve told me things about him out on the town? Do you want me to PM them to you? Can you tell me what this will achieve, seeing as you will have no idea who they are? Upon seeing these names, will you then think ‘Ah OK he’s right, these random names I’ve never heard of have proved the point’?

I still don’t think you understand the point. They’re not ‘anonymous sources’ they’re real people who I know, and so do other people. And there are loads of other examples that other people here have given. I saw AC on Thursday in Ditchling, as I regularly do. Is it really that hard to believe? I used to bump into Connor Goldson sometimes in Haywards Heath as well, he lived on one of the new build estates here. Him and Sam Baldock used to drink in Orange Square in HH on Saturdays when they were out injured and weren’t travelling with the squad. So did Duffy. Never heard any issues about them. Dean Cox’s parents live opposite me, Dean used to send his kids to the same school as mine and did some football coaching for them. My friend was out drinking with Bruno and Ulloa on Thursday. Someone on Facebook put a picture of him and Ulloa in a kebab shop at 3am in fact. It’s so bizarre how you think it is completely impossible for anybody on NSC to have every had any direct or indirect dealings with AC. Do you think he lives in a cave or something? Sussex is a small place and footballers go to restaurants, they go to shops, they get their hair cut, they buy houses from estate agents, they pick up their kids from school.

Do you honestly, genuinely think that all these people who have had dealings with AC are all lying? A big conspiracy to prove something that isn’t true to some weird Swedish bloke on the internet? How likely does that sound? You need to ease up on the weed mate.

Absolutely phenomenal post

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Yeah but,

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Based on what? Barber-Customer confidentiality? Could you take a night club owner or a friend of a friend to court for saying "I don't like this bloke and how he behaves, kind regards *insert name*"?

I'm not anti-anonymity in general but IMO when you share negative stuff about peoples personal lives, it is very weak to hide behind it.

It’s more going into get my hair cut or seeing my friend who runs a pub and them saying “Why the **** have you been posting my name on the internet? I told you that in confidence”.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Just let it go will you, your embarrassing now.
For once take something at face value, don’t look to defend the indefensible, don’t look to be offended on behalf of someone else, you don’t look like a champion of the underdog or undervalued.
We do value and acknowledge that Aaron has amazing potential, but…..

What’s the point, you’ve made your mind up, your more knowledgeable, educated and worldly than anyone on here….

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

This is a very strange hill to die on.

Genuine question; and I’m sorry if it comes across as more or an insult, but do you have any actual real life friends? Not people you talk to online, but real people that you see at least a few times a year just to have a beer with or just spend time with? Because whilst people are focusing on the you not understanding how much of a fishbowl Brighton is, I’m more fascinated by the fact you seemingly don’t understand basic human interaction.

People on here will have friends who are taxi drivers, barbers, electricians, plumbers & bartenders. They’ll be friends with people who work in Tesco or in nurseries. Brighton isn’t a massive city like London or Manchester and our players aren’t big enough names to have entire teams working for them so their lives and those of us mere mortals do intertwined. As our club has risen through the leagues our players become more recognisable, even to non-fans and that in turn increases the amount of small, asinine stories about them. Even if you don’t support Brighton, or don’t like football these are ideal small talk topics when your with a mate who does support Brighton. “You’ll never guess whose house I was working on/ you’ll never guess who I served at work today/ You’ll never guess who came to collect their son from school earlier”. At that point the obvious follow up question is probably going to be “what were they like?”.

I’m not some massively well connected insider, but a mate of mine once had Bong call him at work to pay off some parking tickets, my best mate works in a coffee shop and served Murray on a regular basis along with Dunk, Stephens and a few others on a less frequent basis. The partner of one of my closest mates was one of the people who did the PCR tests for the first team squad. I know people who went out drinking with Duffy and a few other players through a mutual friend. I know why Paul Rodgers was sacked. F*ck it, I used to play football down the park with 2 people who were in the youth team at the time. In fact, I live so close to the training ground that I could probably tell you who is first and last to training if I was sad enough to keep check. I can certainly tell you the only player in the squad who drives around in a proper flashy supercar. It’s not restricted to sport either. I once sat in front of Rizzle Kicks to see The Inbetweeners Movie. To assume anybody would be sad enough to make up these minor stories is absurd.

The fact you (a faceless, nameless person on the internet) want another faceless, nameless person on the internet to publicly post the name and face of somebody who told them something to do with a footballer is mental and stinks of someone who doesn’t understand human interaction beyond the awkward small talk with a delivery driver whilst he fishes your change out of his pocket.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Have some time off the thread. Not only have you utterly derailed it, I think you might need it for your own mental health.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
One of the things we need to remind ourselves is that to be an Irish player that makes it at a top ten Premier league team they’d need to be a generational talent- just look at the Irish starting eleven for their match today- none of them are regularly contributing at a decent level save maybe the GK who hardly plays for Liverpool. That’s just the way it is. AC isn’t and never was a generational talent and is currently behind a bunch of Championship kids. He can have a decent career in football but it’ll never be at the level we are hoping to be at.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

You're not well mate.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It may be the case. I'm not saying it isn't.

What I'm saying is that is a questionable thing to build a perception of a person based on what has been said in this thread (lots of anonymous sources, "his barber says he is shithouse", "nightclub owner spoke to me about him and said he was shithouse", "my friend...", "my daughers colleague" and that sort of things... I can't judge anyone based on that. If all these gossiping cowards got issues with Aaron, speak up or shut up - the whisper game says more about the people involved than the subject of the whispering.

Another factor why I'm not blindly going to buy all these comments are the massive over reactions when AC appeared in newspapers. He broke Covid restrictions to **** someone, he did not want his girlfriend to go to Love Island and people here reacted as it was the most evil thing a human has ever done... no shit I, with that in regard, take all these accusations with a huge grain of salt.

Some of the same people saying he has a bad attitude also say that if he scored 15 goals, they would not give a shit about his so called off-pitch antics. It does not strengthen their position as I see it, as it is pretty much a case of admitting that their frustrations about the player is influencing how they see him as a person.

As I said, it may all be true that his attitude is shit and so forth but I'll give him (and anyone) the benefit of a doubt until a) someone speaks up non-anonymously, without vagueness so that the subject of the gossip has a chance to respond to the accusations, b) newspapers report something actually important and newsworthy that relates to his character more than the tired mumbo jumbo that has been or c) he has something to say about it himself.

Goodness me you certainly have a great deal to say to us Brighton fans.
Couple of questions if I may…
Have you ever been to Brighton?
Have you ever lived in Sussex?
Have you ever attended a Brighton game?
If the answer is No to any or all of the above what makes you such an expert on OUR Club?

Oh for me yes to all and I think AC is a wasted talent and is shithouse. I take that opinion from being a ST holder. On and the fact his attitude etc is questionable etc, the fact that I may or may not have seen him out in sussex makes no odds as he’s still League 1 standard at this moment. ( because he is shithouse)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
One of the things we need to remind ourselves is that to be an Irish player that makes it at a top ten Premier league team they’d need to be a generational talent- just look at the Irish starting eleven for their match today- none of them are regularly contributing at a decent level save maybe the GK who hardly plays for Liverpool. That’s just the way it is. AC isn’t and never was a generational talent and is currently behind a bunch of Championship kids. He can have a decent career in football but it’ll never be at the level we are hoping to be at.
*looks over shoulder nervously for Jolly Red Giant*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe he has got all he wants from football now.

Several millions earned, nice houses for life.

18 months coasting and coining it before putting in 6 months effort to get a cosy League 1 deal.

Maybe he's sat back laughing. I can't blame him to be fair, just wish it wasn't on bhafc wages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

So you're saying there's a chance?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't forget AC is still an Albion player, whether we like it or not.
For me personally, he's a tryer, and will always get my vote if he does just that and not continue to fvck about on social media.
He still had more talent in his middle finger than Jurgen Locadia, and still he had more chances than most.
AC had his 5 mins of game v Spurs, and had never teally lived up to that afterwards.
Probably needs a run in the U23s to remind him how lucky he is, and not some random northern outpost, where he'll feel homesick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here