Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
That Swede is obsessed with AC, must be a close relative or something.

Back on topic: we all know he's shit, we all know the club made a rare mistake in offering him an improved deal after "that game" and AC is very naive he even let that go to his head.

With his attitude it won't be long before he's playing non league, he's not prepared to put in the hard graft. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're attitude is poor and you don't apply yourself then you won't have a long career. So time to bin him off.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What happened to your Summer in Brighton, anyway?.

No 1: probably all bullshite like the rest of nonsense he spews…

No 2: don’t encourage him…

No 3: I’m actually starting to think he’s a Palace troll…

No 4: either that or just really sad, who just who follows a manager ? joins their said managers team message board and tells us what we should, and shouldn’t do or how to behave or support our team, he knows nothing about us, yet lords it over us with sound bytes copied and pasted off the internet.

No 5: he could be a nice guy in real life, but boy is he sanctimonious.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Back on topic: we all know he's shit, we all know 5he club made a rare mistake in offering him an improved deal after "that game" and AC is very naive he even let that go to his head.

With his attitude it won't be long before he's playing non league, he's not prepared to put in the hard graft. So time to bin him off.

Sadly I think you’re correct. However, to end up playing non-league would mean he is an even bigger dick than I thought he was. Personally, I think he’ll carve out a career in League One for a bit (maybe after a season or two in the Championship), before eventually heading back to Cork City or somewhere, getting smashed in the pubs telling people about how he scored two Premier League goals against Spurs once.

It’s such a shame. Compare that someone like Murray, who I don’t think ever had that much natural talent, but worked and grafted his way to the top. I’d say AC will look back and regret his career eventually, but I don’t think his ego will allow him too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sadly I think you’re correct. However, to end up playing non-league would mean he is an even bigger dick than I thought he was. Personally, I think he’ll carve out a career in League One for a bit (maybe after a season or two in the Championship), before eventually heading back to Cork City or somewhere, getting smashed in the pubs telling people about how he scored two Premier League goals against Spurs once.

It’s such a shame. Compare that someone like Murray, who I don’t think ever had that much natural talent, but worked and grafted his way to the top. I’d say AC will look back and regret his career eventually, but I don’t think his ego will allow him too.

Bang on, every word :clap2:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Murray is a smart cookie, has a real football brain and I disagree - he had natural talent. AC just hasn't kicked on, some natural talent but not the football brains or the graft. He's still earnt a mint though, can't knock that.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Former Irish international David Connolly talking about AC -

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/0531/1302228-david-connolly-aaron-has-a-bit-of-work-to-do/

As an aside - Evan Ferguson came on as a sub for about 30mins in the Ireland U21 game tonight - I haven't seen him play in a while and was surprised how big he has got (and filled out) - he looked so strong (and he is still only 17). Ireland were quite pedestrian tonight in a 3-0 win so Ferguson didn't have much to do. I was impressed with his vision and he made couple of great runs - including a run to the near post where he dragged three defenders with him and let the ball run through for Will Smallbone to slot in his second goal of the game. Ferguson was also impressive tracking back and making tackles. He didn't look out of place on the pitch and only Smallbone, Mipo Odubeko, Conor Coventry and Tyrek Wright showed up better than him on the night. Ferguson really does look like the real deal and you can clearly see the progress he is making.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/0531/1302228-david-connolly-aaron-has-a-bit-of-work-to-do/

As an aside - Evan Ferguson came on as a sub for about 30mins in the Ireland U21 game tonight - I haven't seen him play in a while and was surprised how big he has got (and filled out) - he looked so strong (and he is still only 17). Ireland were quite pedestrian tonight in a 3-0 win so Ferguson didn't have much to do. I was impressed with his vision and he made couple of great runs - including a run to the near post where he dragged three defenders with him and let the ball run through for Will Smallbone to slot in his second goal of the game. Ferguson was also impressive tracking back and making tackles. He didn't look out of place on the pitch and only Smallbone, Mipo Odubeko, Conor Coventry and Tyrek Wright showed up better than him on the night. Ferguson really does look like the real deal and you can clearly see the progress he is making.

Ignore. Realised your post wasn’t the comment.

Dec 29, 2011

DC is spot on with what he says

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] talks a lot of sense, knows modern football, understands the mental tactics Potter employs, but on the subject of people from Brighton possibly knowing what goes on in the life of someone from/who lives in Brighton, unfortunately he is in the wrong.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Back on topic: we all know he's shit, we all know the club made a rare mistake in offering him an improved deal after "that game" and AC is very naive he even let that go to his head.

With his attitude it won't be long before he's playing non league, he's not prepared to put in the hard graft. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're attitude is poor and you don't apply yourself then you won't have a long career. So time to bin him off.

Nope, just standing up for a young bloke who gets all kinds of shit because he's been in all of yours favorite newspaper, The Sun, a couple of times due to his celeb girlfriend.

Its normal. What you and the others in the mob are doing is not normal, it is sick.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Nail on head. As David Connolly says, this season is probably AC’s big opportunity. He needs sensible heads around him rather than Love Island wannabes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, just standing up for a young bloke who gets all kinds of shit because he's been in all of yours favorite newspaper, The Sun, a couple of times due to his celeb girlfriend.

Its normal. What you and the others in the mob are doing is not normal, it is sick.

It has probably passed you by in your vehement defence of Connolly that some of us are just very disappointed that he does not appear to be applying himself and has let himself and the club that pay his wages down. Maybe it’s an ego thing (for him, not you) but he has been a massive disappointment to this poster and it seems his career is only going one way unless his (perceived) attitude changes and he knuckles down.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Bit unfair on Murray. We called him the League 1 Berbatov during his first spell with us. He was a classy creator as well as a goal scorer and looked way too good for League 1. Palace helped turn him into a more traditional number 9 and it is testament to his ability that he was able to re-invent himself in that way and become a premier league goal scorer.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It has probably passed you by in your vehement defence of Connolly that some of us are just very disappointed that he does not appear to be applying himself and has let himself and the club that pay his wages down. Maybe it’s an ego thing (for him, not you) but he has been a massive disappointment to this poster and it seems his career is only going one way unless his (perceived) attitude changes and he knuckles down.

Or maybe, as I and some others on here have said, it's got nothing to do with Love Island girlfriends, nothing to do with attitude or application. Maybe it's simply the case that he just isn't quite as good a footballer as he, and we as a club, thought he was!

All the nurturing, sensible loans, mentoring, etc., won't make a ha'pence of difference if you just haven't quite got it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
6ik47r.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or maybe, as I and some others on here have said, it's got nothing to do with Love Island girlfriends, nothing to do with attitude or application. Maybe it's simply the case that he just isn't quite as good a footballer as he, and we as a club, thought he was!

All the nurturing, sensible loans, mentoring, etc., won't make a ha'pence of difference if you just haven't quite got it.

I'm not entirely sure he's had 'sensible loans'.

Oddly the worst thing he could have done is score 2 goals against Spurs.

Had he 'Ben Whited' his path to the first team squad we'd have a better idea of where he's at.

I just can't believe Spurs Connolly is League One at best.
As much as he's hurt himself the club haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either.

I think, in 3 seasons time, we'll be able to draw 'lesson learned' comparison between Connolly and Ferguson's career (loanee) path.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope he's sold this summer for as a big a fee as Barber can rinse someone for.

And then he makes the best of whatever life holds for him.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

I would like to think he would have been "weeded out by BHA long ago if he didn't quite have it, after all he's been with us since a teenager.
No, I just think he's a young pro that believes," been there, done that" when in reality he's been nowhere and done nothing to what his true potential holds. I would have him on one last chance loan to someone like Derby County in league 1. He could learn a lot of of Rooney. Liam Rosenior is a friendly face from the past and he would have the opportunity to score a hatful of goals and get his confidence sky high and then reassess season 23/24 .It's that or be shown the door for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he’s “good enough” just seems to think he doesn’t need work at it anymore, reminds me of the puking forward we had on loan from United. One of his youth team coaches said he stopped putting the hours in once he played a first team game at United :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here