Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Several Brighton players lived in Shoreham late 70's/early 80's. Kept the Amsterdam in business for years.

Actuallly I think Steve Foster did for a decade! :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Several Brighton players lived in Shoreham late 70's/early 80's. Kept the Amsterdam in business for years.

Actuallly I think Steve Foster did for a decade! :lolol:

When Foster was playing for Luton, early 90s ish, we were heading up to Newcastle for an away game in a minibus, driven by the great Paddy when pretty much the whole of the north of England was drowned in snow by a blizzard. Our game was called off and we turned around just after the M1 services. Luton's game was also called off.

We precariously made our way back to Brighton and dropped back at the Goldstone just after the pubs had open. A few of us went to have a commiseration pint in the Hove Park Tavern. About half an hour later Fozzie came in on his own to find a pub unexpectedly fuller than usual thanks to a minibus load of Brighton. To this day I cannot remember anything of that afternoon and evening except, randomly, knowing we went for a curry somewhere after leaving Fozzie and the boozer.

That man can drink.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I saw him again driving in Ditchling yesterday. Nothing untoward to report this time, had a car full of mates and must have been driving down to Brighton as he was in the bars on Brighton seafront yesterday.

Maybe you should start a blog about it?

Strange that despite living in a city with half the population I still don't know what all of the 22-year-olds are up to everyday.

Creepy if you ask me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Strange that despite living in a city with half the population I still don't know what all of the 22-year-olds are up to everyday.

Creepy if you ask me.

I suspect that's because you're far too busy online stalking the population of NSC so you can find quotes from before you knew where Brighton was.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Creepy if you ask me.

You really are very boring. I notice you are very selective about which posts on this thread you respond to.

To be honest no one really gives a toss what he does, as long as he does not post it on social media for all to see and does the business on the pitch. We cannot all be wrong

His career is going nowhere, how ever much you defend him

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Creepy if you ask me.
You wouldn't notice a 22 year old Swedish international footballer if he frequently drank in the same bars & clubs as you? 30k people who support a football club in a town the size of Brighton your going to get seen by quite a few on your trips out. It’s got nothing to do with average 22 year olds.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You really are very boring. I notice you are very selective about which posts on this thread you respond to.

To be honest no one really gives a toss what he does, as long as he does not post it on social media for all to see and does the business on the pitch. We cannot all be wrong

I reply to some and not to some... pretty randomly, not like there is a ton of useful stuff to comment on. Not sure I've missed out on any "important" posts.

Nah. Some of you are absolutely obsessed with what AC is or isn't doing. And yes, the majority can be wrong.

His career could turn out great, no matter how much tabloid gossip you read about him and no matter how much ITK stuff you make up.

This "Commander" bloke spent about five pages in the Swansea-thread raging about AC doing a goal gesture. Not even when it turned out it was against the Swansea fans he'd let it go. The guy obviously have a serious and very disturbed hickup re: AC and nothing he says can be trusted.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I reply to some and not to some... pretty randomly, not like there is a ton of useful stuff to comment on. Not sure I've missed out on any "important" posts.

Nah. Some of you are absolutely obsessed with what AC is or isn't doing. And yes, the majority can be wrong.

His career could turn out great, no matter how much tabloid gossip you read about him and no matter how much ITK stuff you make up.

This "Commander" bloke spent about five pages in the Swansea-thread raging about AC doing a goal gesture. Not even when it turned out it was against the Swansea fans he'd let it go. The guy obviously have a serious and very disturbed hickup re: AC and nothing he says can be trusted.

What have I made up?

Lol

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

The Obsessed One accusing others of obsession :clap2:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] the thing with Brighton & Hove is, although it's densely populated, it is actually quite small. Most of the nightclubs are on the seafront, the one that AC has been frequently seen in is in the arches that are literally holding up the main road above. There is a small cluster of clubs there under the arches and basically it depends on what music you're into as to which one you go in. The clubs themselves are actually small, you can't get lost in them and there's only 1 or 2 (small) bars in them to be served from. I see Glenn Murray sometimes when I walk the dog, Bruno was having a drink in my local the other week, I used to see Casper Ankergren having a sneaky fag along the road whilst on the school run, our kids went to the same school. It's difficult to explain but it's not a 'big' place. Look at the You Tube videos of when we were promoted to the PL. You will see the players on the train from Falmer heading to Brighton Station & going down to the seafront because that is where the nightlife is. It's really not unusual to see players out and about. :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] the thing with Brighton & Hove is, although it's densely populated, it is actually quite small. Most of the nightclubs are on the seafront, the one that AC has been frequently seen in is in the arches that are literally holding up the main road above. There is a small cluster of clubs there under the arches and basically it depends on what music you're into as to which one you go in. The clubs themselves are actually small, you can't get lost in them and there's only 1 or 2 (small) bars in them to be served from. I see Glenn Murray sometimes when I walk the dog, Bruno was having a drink in my local the other week, I used to see Casper Ankergren having a sneaky fag along the road whilst on the school run, our kids went to the same school. It's difficult to explain but it's not a 'big' place. Look at the You Tube videos of when we were promoted to the PL. You will see the players on the train from Falmer heading to Brighton Station & going down to the seafront because that is where the nightlife is. It's really not unusual to see players out and about. :)
He is on his own agenda obviously someone who has never been to Brighton knows everything about Brighton.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Breath. Wasting. Your.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I employ lots of people AC’s age, which is why I often hear things about him, as he frequents the same places. Plus I live fairly near him so see him from time to time. The part that you don’t seem to understand is that I never hear similar things about any of our other young players, and that’s where the problem lies.

The Swansea celebration thing- I think you’ll find I said at the time that I didn’t realise it was at the Swansea fans, in which case it’s not quite as pathetic, although still a bit embarrassing as he was effectively saying “Shut up, look how I can score against Championship opposition” - something few of us ever doubted.

What happened to your Summer in Brighton, anyway? Perhaps if you came over here for a few months you’d realise the reality of Premier League footballers living in a small place like Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here