Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don't forget AC is still an Albion player, whether we like it or not.
For me personally, he's a tryer, and will always get my vote if he does just that and not continue to fvck about on social media.
He still had more talent in his middle finger than Jurgen Locadia, and still he had more chances than most.
AC had his 5 mins of game v Spurs, and had never teally lived up to that afterwards.
Probably needs a run in the U23s to remind him how lucky he is, and not some random northern outpost, where he'll feel homesick
Christ homesick, I had a family to support at near enough that age Caicedo came to a foreign country to play his football and he’s two years younger. No wonder he never grows up if people keep wiping his arse.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Probably needs a run in the U23s to remind him how lucky he is, and not some random northern outpost, where he'll feel homesick

Why on earth would he feel homesick at Middlesbrough, when he doesn't seem to have had any problem moving from Ireland to Brighton at the age of 16?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't forget AC is still an Albion player, whether we like it or not.
For me personally, he's a tryer, and will always get my vote if he does just that and not continue to fvck about on social media.
He still had more talent in his middle finger than Jurgen Locadia, and still he had more chances than most.
AC had his 5 mins of game v Spurs, and had never teally lived up to that afterwards.

So how come he doesn't feel homesick, hundreds of miles from home, on £20K or £30K a week at Brighton? Never mind him blocking some other youngster from the U23 team - a random northern outpost is exactly what he needs at the moment, with no options but to travel 'home' on the team bus with the rest of the team rather than (allegedly) buggering off 'home' to Brighton on his own.
Ross County or Inverness Caley Thistle would be my choices (or maybe somewhere like Rochdale or Bradford would be far enough). Re-learn how to score goals and have a decent career - or don't. Apparantly the Lucinda option is no longer available; that might help.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why on earth would he feel homesick at Middlesbrough, when he doesn't seem to have had any problem moving from Ireland to Brighton at the age of 16?

Quite, some of us were working at 16, left home at 17, mortgage at 20 earning less a year than this particular slack arsed idiot earns a week. If I hadn't done that and been dedicated and hard working I'd have been on the streets. . . .and compared to many I had it easy, just took my oportunity and stuck to it.

Difficult to have any sympathy for a 'professional' stealing a fortune for a living and doing nothing to justify any of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He failed at the Last Chance Saloon in Middlesbrough.

How many last chances does he get ?

Time to get rid. Can't stand him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness, that was a short window of around 40min and many of us were busy watching Albion play Spurs.

I regularly take the piss out of a mate I go to the football with who used to watch AC before he made the first team. He constantly raved about him and kept telling me how good he was going to be when he broke into the first team squad.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I regularly take the piss out of a mate I go to the football with who used to watch AC before he made the first team. He constantly raved about him and kept telling me how good he was going to be when he broke into the first team squad.

He was good. Connolly haters can froth and stamp their feet as much as they like, but the fact is he was bloody good back then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was good. Connolly haters can froth and stamp their feet as much as they like, but the fact is he was bloody good back then.

Well quite, which is why so many have lost patience with him. For whatever reason he is wasting his talent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He failed at the Last Chance Saloon in Middlesbrough.

How many last chances does he get ?

Time to get rid. Can't stand him.

You've got a hell of a lot of resentment in front of you if you think Middlesbrough was 'last chance saloon'.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I agree, for a brief peroiod he was the only player we had who would just nip in and get a touch, like Marray, didn't have to be a worldies, just enough to deflect it in . . . More goal scoring instinct than Maupay IMO. However, he's completely lost his way . . . . If he's intelligent enough, which I doubt, he needs to listen, keep his head down and concentrate on his personal management as well as his football development.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lol.

Get Rid of the idiot.

As above.

He's 22.
Ferguson will be on loan.
unWelbeck seemingly staying.
5 substitutions allowed.
The club unlikely to buy an Alpha Dog #1 striker.

So basically the battle for 'unused sub' is between Connolly and Zeqiri.

If I were you I wouldn't be throwing my toys out in June, when you're quite likely to have months of opportunities ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here