Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from a JCL, do you like us or not?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I find it embarrassing to admit on here but I am a JCL. I see increasing resentment from longer serving fans towards the JCL's but at the same time hyping up the fact the Amex has 20,000 each week with an amazing atmosphere. Alot of these fans are JCL's what are you opinions on them?

I probably fall into the stereotype of a JLC, I was a follower (not fan) of a Premiership club but I always looked for Brighton's results and regarded them as my second team.

I have been to a few matches at The Goldstone but never had the 'honour' to go to the Withdean. Since the Amex this has completely changed, I am now a fully fledged Seagull. I go to away and cup matches, I have the shirt, everything revolves around the mighty Seagulls.

I have soooo much respect to those that have been through the tough times of Gillingham etc, but I feel that alot of the longer Seagulls should be a little more accommodating towards us JCL's.

You've been to The Goldstone , that makes you a JCB . Palace don't have any JCB's , the Pikeys have nicked them :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It does not matter when or how you had your epifeny (spelling) you did and now you are part of the family, another one of the passengers on the Gus Bus welcome and enjoy the ride.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think it's fair to say that everyone is welcome at our club. I love the fact that the United/Chelsea/Liverpool lot are converting to Brighton- we get more support and more money, they get to experience supporting a proper football team and actually going to see their team play. Everyone wins.
+ hopefully, as we progress, more kids in Brighton will grow up wearing blue and white stripes instead of "big four" shirts. The whole of Sussex could be plastered with Albion shirts in a few years time, and that'd be bloody brilliant.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
welcome-BabyTux.gif

JCL's are okay with me

But I f***ing hate penguins.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Whoever invented this jcl boll*cks needs shooting as its a myth???

You could say jcl fans are really fans who just go to cup finals and if you play a top premiership side in the cup.The point is most of us as kids supported big top flight sides as thats what kids do as an image thing.

Most newish fans at the amex are local football fans who have been in a routine of supporting a premiership club since they was kids,these fans have probably never seen a football match before.

These supporters are now actually following their local football club and are paying good bloody money to watch,i supported liverpool til i was 11 but hey 95% of kids did support such teams.

These are a small percentage's of the AMEX crowds and im sure many more thousands will join in,its fantastic for the club and was expected.

Every football club has a high percentage of part time supporters and that will never change,all this obsession with manure,chelsea fans bla bla bla is bollo*cks,these fans like i said just really want a local football club going somewhere,these fans supported these clubs from a kid and like i said they,ve been stuck in a time warp of live t.v on a box etc.

Lets not forget we had very large crowds 25 years ago and we have many many thousands returning,i have been no angle in the last 10 years either but a club is for life and you do get a choice:)

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I find it embarrassing to admit on here but I am a JCL. I see increasing resentment from longer serving fans towards the JCL's but at the same time hyping up the fact the Amex has 20,000 each week with an amazing atmosphere. Alot of these fans are JCL's what are you opinions on them?

I probably fall into the stereotype of a JLC, I was a follower (not fan) of a Premiership club but I always looked for Brighton's results and regarded them as my second team.

I have been to a few matches at The Goldstone but never had the 'honour' to go to the Withdean. Since the Amex this has completely changed, I am now a fully fledged Seagull. I go to away and cup matches, I have the shirt, everything revolves around the mighty Seagulls.

I have soooo much respect to those that have been through the tough times of Gillingham etc, but I feel that alot of the longer Seagulls should be a little more accommodating towards us JCL's.

Agreed.

I am a newbie season ticket holder, and get a little fed up with people claiming that the likes of me who may leave a bit early etc etc are not proper fans. True, the guys and gals that go across the country have my total respect (boro away 2 weeks before Xmas being a case in point) but my support is just as worthy.
I have been a tottenham fan all my life, but with a lot of my family hailing from Lewes, Heathfield etc, I have always had an affinity for the Albion. I have been to the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, and this season has seen my chance to fully support Brighton. I will always be a Tottenham fan, but Brighton are my team now, and am proud to walk around Gravesend wearing my Brighton shirt. Whatever happens with us, I will be renewing my season ticket for as many years as I can afford to. It is easy to look down on us newbies, but my love for the club, the fans and the team is as intense as anyone else's. I sing the songs as loud as I can, and will go to as many games as I can afford to (will be at reading on boxing day).
So whilst it maybe easy to slag us JCLs off, we all have our story's, our history, and we should be united in the common cause of backing our team through thick and thin. We are Albion, We are good old Sussex By the Sea, and we are the North/West/East Stand Brighton Boys and we should never forget that!
Brighton Til I Die!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here