Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from a JCL, do you like us or not?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think most people have a issue with the JCL "Get it forward" types in the stands who dont know the 'Gus style' because this is their first season. Some of the twats that come on this board after a loss or sometimes a draw moaning, is frankly ridiculous!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
BHA FC is NOT a closed shop, I could, if I wanted to, rant on about how long i've supported the club, what northern shithole's i've been to on a tuesday night, how often i've been soaked at Withdean and how demorolising I found it travelling to Gillingham, .....but I won't!

But you just have!!!!!:lolol::lolol:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

I wonder if Brimmermusic may have come to your tinpot club if he'd have seen the posters put up everywhere pleading for new supporters. Or maybe he would have been quids in with the groupon deal.

Actually I don't think he would, probably wouldn't be seen dead at Selhurst, unless it was in January and supporting the Albion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'd much rather have a stadium with attendances like this

wab02.jpg

than this.

45273408_e7d96f25d4.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I find it embarrassing to admit on here but I am a JCL. I see increasing resentment from longer serving fans towards the JCL's but at the same time hyping up the fact the Amex has 20,000 each week with an amazing atmosphere. Alot of these fans are JCL's what are you opinions on them?

I probably fall into the stereotype of a JLC, I was a follower (not fan) of a Premiership club but I always looked for Brighton's results and regarded them as my second team.

I have been to a few matches at The Goldstone but never had the 'honour' to go to the Withdean. Since the Amex this has completely changed, I am now a fully fledged Seagull. I go to away and cup matches, I have the shirt, everything revolves around the mighty Seagulls.

I have soooo much respect to those that have been through the tough times of Gillingham etc, but I feel that alot of the longer Seagulls should be a little more accommodating towards us JCL's.

:facepalm: Another JCL :moo:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
agreed - it's been fun watching you get 'owned'
Agreed. The classic "I was only fishing!" response, often used when people have been completely owned. I'm sure there used to be some better palace fans around who could at least form an argument.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Welcome to the JCLs.

I know three (an Ipswich, Notts F and Liv fan). They ALREADY hate Palace. Myself and Ponce Buzzer have made sure of that.

Thats all they need to know. Thats all ANYONE needs to know.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Welcome to the JCLs.

I know three (an Ipswich, Notts F and Liv fan). They ALREADY hate Palace. Myself and Ponce Buzzer have made sure of that.

Thats all they need to know. Thats all ANYONE needs to know.

They do it automatically anyway Tony. Although sometimes it takes a 2nd game.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'm happy we have got new supporters following the Albion. I'm 17 and have been supporting the club for about 5-6 years now, now that's not a long time I know but as the only Albion supporter in the family I had to get into supporting the Albion by myself. I started going away about 3-4 years ago now and have been to over 30 grounds with the Albion league and cup. This is only my 4th season as a season ticket holder and can tell you without new supporters the Amex would probably just be like the Withdean, that's definitely not what anybody wants! I love the club and will do anything to support it. I would of loved to have been around for the Goldstone era and been in the Northstand but obviously it couldn't be helped because of my age. I respect every Albion fan who fought for the club to be where we are now and those who travelled to Gillingham each and every week. Now it's a new era for the Albion and any new supporters are always welcome in my eyes.

That's my footballing life story :lolol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I never understood what JCL means... Can someone please enlighten me?

Been following the Albion 28 years but only ever see the term on this site (to which I am new to) - I must have missed a memo ;)

Cheers

J - ohnny C - ome L - ately

And to those that have been branded a JCL, It's just a silly joke on NSC as has been said all are welcome here, We all started at some point and for a multitude of reasons welcome along.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The cheek Palace fans have to come on here and slate our number of new fans. Where have all your fans gone from when you were in the premier league? Oh yeah, their RETURNING DIE HARD FANS. Of course.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To the OP... the more the merrier! Welcome! :)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The crowd had to go from 8,000 to 20,000 and your money is good so welcome aboard.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Unlike the OP I carried on from the Goldstone to support the club via Priestfield and Withdean. But I know a lot of fans who couldn't/wouldn't go to Priestfield and then decided that Withdean was to them an expensive dump of a place to watch football. Frankly I don't blame them at all. To many (including me at times) it looked as if the club was going to disappear altogether.

All I can say to the OP, and to anyone else who considers themself a 'JCL' - and I REALLY hate that term - is welcome back. I also hate the moral superiority of some of the so-called 'veterans' (albeit a noisy minority) and resent the fact that because of the way they go on that all new and returning fans are expected to have some sort of guilt complex because they made the sane decision not to pay top dollar to sit in the pouring rain to watch crap football at the worst ground in the country.

Also, given how quiet it was at Withdean it must be the JCLs making the noise. It can't be the so-called diehards.

The voice of reason, I agree with every word you say.

Thank god for the JCL's as we really need them. Without them we would have a 22,500k stadium with 5-6k spectators rattling around it, but hey most of them were Gillingam / Withdean ST's so they 'have the right' to go to the Amex, and in the background the 'anti Falmer' brigade smugly nod their heads proclaiming 'I told you so.'

Not that I recall but I'm sure when the club was trying to 'sell' the idea of a new stadium part of the pitch surely involved 'in order to attract new fans' we need a new stadium.

Without the JCL's there would be no CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente (ok arguably there is no Hoskins and Vicente) but thats another debate, but hey you would get a pie and a pint at HT and not have to queue for a train home and could have nostalgic conversations with fellow 'proper' fans about the good old days under Hinshelwood and Adams the 2nd at Withdean.

I'm so proud when I see our attendance in comparison to our rivals in the Championship, when I see we are the 3rd or 4th best and I realise just how far we have come in such a short time. Lifelong fans, JCL's,1901 lets just fill the Amex every week and enjoy the journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here