Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A view from a JCL, do you like us or not?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't mind JCL's really, but those slagging off the team / players are not welcome!

D

Deleted member 18477

lol @ the palace fans on this thread! they had 26,000 in the prem but in the championship they only have 12,000!

we are the same in terms of JCL's so chill out!

p.s. i know palace 'fans' that support chelsea and liverpool currently... and palace 'fans' that dont even follow football week in week out but went to watch them at old trafford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
May i ask which Premier League club you supported???

Newcastle United. When I was around 10 years of age I didn't follow a club but needed an excuse to support a Premiership team like my mates. Lee Clark is a distant relative, that was my lame excuse. None of my immediate family follow football, therefore I have no guidance. It took me 26 years but I found my way in the end.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
I never understood what JCL means... Can someone please enlighten me?

Been following the Albion 28 years but only ever see the term on this site (to which I am new to) - I must have missed a memo ;)

Cheers

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
The JCL tag only came about because of the uncertainty about obtaining season tickets before the season started and the way the club marketed tickets (1901, viewing appointments etc). This gave he impression that long standing supporters were being ignored by the club and anger was directed towards new supporters (through no fault of their own) who were seen to be beating long standing supporters to tickets. Unfortunately the tag stuck but ALL supporters are welcome. Who else is going to fill the Amex when it is extended?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
It's funny how Palace fans come on here and laugh at us for having new fans while there own gates dwindle away...

Oh come on now, aren't you even a little bit embarrassed by the glory hunting wankers such as the original poster? 'Went to the Goldstone' (Pffttt) then it got a little bit tough so decided to 'support' Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal (Whoever is doing better at the time) then you get a shiny new stadium so he can go and watch cheap football (Oh and buy the shirt!) before leaving 10 minutes before the end of every game to rush home for the late kick off on Sky Sports?

Honestly, we may struggle with our crowds....But you can keep Johnny every day of the f***ing week. Wankers.

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh come on now, aren't you even a little bit embarrassed by the glory hunting wankers such as the original poster? 'Went to the Goldstone' (Pffttt) then it got a little bit tough so decided to 'support' Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal (Whoever is doing better at the time) then you get a shiny new stadium so he can go and watch cheap football (Oh and buy the shirt!) before leaving 10 minutes before the end of every game to rush home for the late kick off on Sky Sports?

Honestly, we may struggle with our crowds....But you can keep Johnny every day of the f***ing week. Wankers.

palace have plenty of JCL's pal. what were your crowds in the prem again? exactly!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Every team has them! Is this a concept that you are unable to grasp? Look at your attendances when you were in the Prem and look at them now. Where have they gone? Are they any less plastic then our new fans? The reason you have less JCL's at the moment is because you aren't as an attractive prospect as us.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

What a dignified response from the true voice of all Palace fans. At the rate your crowds are going you'll be groundsharing with Crawley within five years. Does that explain your anger?

Much love.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From a Palace fans point of view you've hit the nail on the head mate, although I have it on good authority that the atmosphere isn't that great at the moment, JCL's also get the blame for that because they don't know the words to the songs, or should I say song !

Al-bi-on, Al-bi-on, Al-bi-on

You are quite right, it does take a while for a new fan to learn the songs but I shouldn't worry, they are quite bright so we don't need to resort to Sesame Street learning, like goal music #mostcringworthythingever

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

Still not found your own site yet?

Glory hunting?

He has chosen to support his local side because finally there is a decent arena to watch football in.

This is BHA FFS mate, if supporting us is glory hunting then strangely I seem to forgotten where the glory is. Unless of course you are predicting we will have a glorious future, in which case carry on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

How can a Palace fan get so upset over another fans embarrassment, when you get *snigger* goal music ha ha ha ha ha, no wonder they have to crank the noise up bet you are all hiding in shame, or do you actually enjoy it.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

If you make it through to the final of the Carling Cup; how many JCL's will you be taking ?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I actually started supporting Brighton due to the Football Manager (then Championship Manager) games when I was about 11 or 12. My family had fairly recently moved to Brighton, I had a copy of the game, didn't know much about football but wanted to do the whole "guide a small club to glory" thing so picked my newly local team. Eventually I realised that I'd learned who my new schoolmates were talking about when they went on about Kurt Nogan and Nicky Rust, joined in a few conversations, got talked into going to a couple of games at the Goldstone, and the rest is history.

What's this got to do with anything? Well, people start supporting clubs for all sorts of weird reasons. If you try and restrict your club's support to people with generations of fans in their family, that club will never prosper. Like the OP, my dad didn't have much interest in footie when I was a kid (other than a passing interest in Doncaster Rovers' results, which like ours, weren't great back then!), and it was just chance that I ended up a Seagull. I could just have easily ended up as a Donnie fan, I guess, had I chosen to pick my dad's club rather than my local one when starting that first game of ChampMan.

Sneering at people who have made a conscious decision to support our club, for whatever reason, is a bit self-defeating. I suspect it comes from a suspicion that, should we encounter bad times again, the newcomers will go back to their Premiership teams: but that is more likely to happen if those supporters aren't made to feel welcome.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes it is.

Exactly what a club needs in order to survive, new fans.

How did the Groupon game go by the way.

I have it on good authority (to use Palace speak) that the Groupon game was almost as successful as the 'We beg you to buy a season ticket' campaign, as seen on a lamp-post near you and that was a spectacular flop as we can see every week.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Happy with jcl , no issues at all . What does grate is jcls slagging off and moaning about the team when not warranted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here