Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A Rugby World Cup final win or a Brighton victory?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh both for me. Living in South Wales, an England win tomorrow would be amazing, I’ll feel 8ft tall if we manage it.

Then on to the football and three points for the Albion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure how I let this thread pass me by but Albion win by a country mile. I'll watch the egg chasing with a bacon sarnie and a cup of coffee with a mild hope that we win and then I'll go out for the real sporting highlight of the day and a few beers.

Surely the sporting highlight of the day will be your 15 mile tempo run before your bacon sarnie (and the rugby) ?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Surely the sporting highlight of the day will be your 15 mile tempo run before your bacon sarnie (and the rugby) ?

I had a cracking 8 mile run to the pub for an 08:30 start last week. Took the long way round into central Brighton. 4 pints of 6.6% Tiny Rebel IPA was probably unwise in hindsight.

Problem this week is the forecast is awful tomorrow morning. My running gear is ready for the morning but I’m going to be soaked as and severely windswept when I get to the pub.

Seafront running going east to west will be very tricky.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
England win

Oh and don't worry about my Brighton supporting credentials

I've been to Wolves for a night game when you took your chances on the old terraces

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a cracking 8 mile run to the pub for an 08:30 start last week. Took the long way round into central Brighton. 4 pints of 6.6% Tiny Rebel IPA was probably unwise in hindsight.

Problem this week is the forecast is awful tomorrow morning. My running gear is ready for the morning but I’m going to be soaked as and severely windswept when I get to the pub.

Seafront running going east to west will be very tricky.
Skin is surprisingly waterproof [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Football fans care enough about their clubs to schlep 80 miles to home games in the fourth division. Rugby clubs (Wasps) buzz around from town to town chasing the money.

I live in Warwickshire and have watched Wasps move in. Whilst I accept that the franchise USA sports model doesn't sit well in Britain they've done so much within the local community that you can only applaud them.

For a start, free coaches are put on from pubs to the ground and you can buy your ticket in the pub. My locals landlord had never had it so good. Sometimes he puts on 3 coaches for a big game or 1 mini bus to St Andrews for cov. The players are often at local schools, gyms and rugby clubs to promote the game. Local brew is sold at the Ricoh. Free tickets are given out for kids at scouts and the rugby club and they want to encourage a new generation of fan.

In short they've done everything right since they've been here. I'd rather watch an Albion game than a rugby game any day of the week but a 10 minute walk, free coach and a cheap ticket with a beer in you seat is a great way to fill an afternoon.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I live in Warwickshire and have watched Wasps move in. Whilst I accept that the franchise USA sports model doesn't sit well in Britain they've done so much within the local community that you can only applaud them.

For a start, free coaches are put on from pubs to the ground and you can buy your ticket in the pub. My locals landlord had never had it so good. Sometimes he puts on 3 coaches for a big game or 1 mini bus to St Andrews for cov. The players are often at local schools, gyms and rugby clubs to promote the game. Local brew is sold at the Ricoh. Free tickets are given out for kids at scouts and the rugby club and they want to encourage a new generation of fan.

In short they've done everything right since they've been here. I'd rather watch an Albion game than a rugby game any day of the week but a 10 minute walk, free coach and a cheap ticket with a beer in you seat is a great way to fill an afternoon.
Fair points mate. But, if they didn't do that they would have pitiful crowds. Speculating to accumulate. They were vulture-like in their stadium acquisition from Coventry, who have been screwed by - admittedly - another company.

Pleased for the landlord though. Always good to hear of any pub doing well these days!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Brighton victory all day long. Struggle to raise any interest in rugby...such a poor sport to watch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Right I’m going for the Brighton win then..... kept my powder dry.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll take the Brighton victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here