Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A Rugby World Cup final win or a Brighton victory?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ll get over and England loss far quicker than Brighton losing so Brighton win for me!

I can confirm I was over the England Rugby loss within about half an hour [emoji23]

It’s like St Patrick’s day in Brighton , full of people at 8am pretending to like Rugby but probably needing the rules explained to them

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I can confirm I was over the England Rugby loss within about half an hour [emoji23]

It’s like St Patrick’s day in Brighton , full of people at 8am pretending to like Rugby but probably needing the rules explained to them
Laws

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Wow, lucky you. Enjoy

It was horrible to watch there! The tension rose in the crowd as soon as there was the early injury and it never really got going for us after that did it. Was very pleased to get our result though, a sweetener that was very much needed.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It was horrible to watch there! The tension rose in the crowd as soon as there was the early injury and it never really got going for us after that did it. Was very pleased to get our result though, a sweetener that was very much needed.

I knew we weren't going to win from the moment Sinckler went off :(

Bad fan that I am I 'left' before the end. (Wanted to beat the rush into the kitchen and get to the kettle first).

I was actually amazed at how much the Brighton result cheered me up though! (Only to get depressed again when Cleveland lost). Anyway, that's it now until the Six Nations, no more rugby talk, end of thread :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I think there is only one rule to St Patrick’s day.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yeah my experience is similar to that of [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] by the sounds of it. I'm not really out to change your opinion of the sport of rugby as obviously that's up to you and it's perfectly reasonable to like some sports and not others.

One thing I would say is this: when it comes to sport, I think it is healthy to keep an open mind even if you assume you're not going to fit in. What if your lad is the next Jonny Wilkinson or Jason Leonard, but never gets the chance to play because his parents can't stand the sport? We've got friends here whose son dabbled in the ultra posh world of fencing at the age of 8 when a regional fencing club came to his school. Six years on and he has just broken into the GB squad and in all likelihood will be in the Olympic squad in 5 years time!

I wouldn't stop my child doing anything (within reason!) they wanted to. But I don't have kids.

I have six godsons though and only one of them is an Albion fan. One apologised for not liking football! I love the fact he doesn't like football. He thinks for himself and that's the way it should be. You can encourage and educate, but not dictate.

The fencing sounds brilliant. It's amazing what you can achieve with a bit of hard work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here