Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for Richie and Kinky

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you look back Piers, you will find that the original post was that there is more to consider than LISTING FUCKIN NAMES, but i think that concept maybe beyond you :rolleyes:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rusthall Seagull said:
Dowie did do well in a div below ours, but not as well as MM with Millwall....Man City have not won in 4. I concede Boothroyd but he should be judged on more than just one season....

McGhee didnt make the next step though did he? He went to a few big clubs and didnt do much. Dowie took a struggling Palace team to the Premiership.

Pearce has got Man City in a far better position then Keegan and is still sorting out the mess King Kev left them in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
WATFORD zero said:
If you look back Piers, you will find that the original post was that there is more to consider than LISTING FUCKIN NAMES, but i think that concept maybe beyond you :rolleyes:

So the point of this thread was? apart from making yourself look like 1066s more retarded brother was?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
Why not?

New ground on the way. Lots of emerging young talent in the squad.
Bigger club then he is currently at. Chance to manage in the Championship.
We attracted Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell who are far bigger names then Martin Allen.
Neither Taylor or Coppell were in contract when we picked them up. Certainly not as managers. We can't afford to gamble on Martin Allen IMO.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
WATFORD zero said:

But something is not right with the current regime. Falling out with players in public, blowing money on a player that cannot trap a ball and oh, telling the press that it does not matter if we do not get a result in a game, only winning 4 games this season and currently sitting in a relegation spot.

No you are correct, McGhee is doing a fine job, sadly that job is taking us backwards.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Simster said:
Neither Taylor or Coppell were in contract when we picked them up. Certainly not as managers. We can't afford to gamble on Martin Allen IMO.

Fair point about them being out of contract but I am not sure what the gamble would be on Allen.

Ok, it might cost us a bit but it might also keep us up and make us money.

He certainly couldnt do much worse.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's interesting that Richie, Kinky and UB all have the same solution for the predicament they believe we are in.

List lots of names, managers, players, it doesn't matter as long as theres lots of them.

I'd like to carry on but i have some work to attend to :wave:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My total experience of football manager is playing football/championship manager over the last ten year so what do I know... but....

using the football manager metaphor if your board expects you' to build a team for the future' then it sounds a great idea to bring in a young manager with fresh ideas who's not afraid to change things round.

however if your boards idea is to 'struggle against relegation' which is.... by theway... where we are.... you are unlikely to bring ina young manager who could throw it all way in matter of weeks by trying something completely different ala carlton palmer. I think it's obvious that when you are in the position we're in you get someone with the experience to do something about it.... a harry redknapp or a terry venables type... not someone who has little experience of the horrors and criticism that go with a relegation dogfight.

So use some sense boys... if there is an experienced manager better than Mcghee who is available and we can afford then talk... next season we can have a young manager..., wherever we are.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
WATFORD zero said:
It's interesting that Richie, Kinky and UB all have the same solution for the predicament they believe we are in.

List lots of names, managers, players, it doesn't matter as long as theres lots of them.

OWNED:wave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Richie Morris said:
He certainly couldnt do much worse.
Promotion, stayed up, and now one point from safety having made a net £1.7m on players.

Yep, a total disaster.

And we certainly have seen much worse in the past. 14 straight defeats anyone?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
WATFORD zero said:

A relegation battle is a predicament isnt it?

If MM walks or gets the sack or retires or whatever (which one day he will maybe not this year or next year but he will) im sure DK would have a SHORTLIST of names he wanted to speak to.

As a manger usually has a LIST of players that they would like to target as well from Mourinho down to the lower leagues.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Uncle Buck said:
But something is not right with the current regime. Falling out with players in public, blowing money on a player that cannot trap a ball and oh, telling the press that it does not matter if we do not get a result in a game, only winning 4 games this season and currently sitting in a relegation spot.

No you are correct, McGhee is doing a fine job, sadly that job is taking us backwards.

:clap:

Uncle Buck said:

But we've got no money, Withdean is so small, boo hoo :cry:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Tony Adams :dunce:

Eccentric punditry...
Tony Adams, in the Daily Mail

'I fear they will make a donkey out of Ledley,' opines Adams before King's assured performance against the French. This is followed by: 'Dropping Wayne Rooney for the game against Switzerland will give England the best chance of achieving victory .' Undeterred by the striker's brace against the Swiss, Tony presses on: 'Despite the extraordinary tournament he is having, I would drop Rooney from the team to play Croatia.'

I'd rather have Jeff Wod

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There were other names other than Adams suggested.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm trying to keep out of this ongoing tedium but can't help myself...I guess to some, the grass is always greener on the other side.

To be fair: there are plenty of others banging the anti-McGhee drum with about as little coherence as the two singled out on this thread. "[Insert name of lower division/affordable manager here] and he'll automatically pick things up" seems to be the, IMHO, entirely misguided and ill-founded mantra.

I genuinely don't have the faintest idea how McGhee could better have dealt with such a determinedly unpleasant trouble-making little twat like Leon Knight, other than totally rolling over and letting him do just as like pleases - and that is not an attitude I want an Albion manager to adopt towards individuals like that.

I don't care about the fact that - as night follows day - a bunch of brain-donating sheep start bleating for the head of the England manager when they lose a couple of games - that's been happening for about as long as I can remember and I actually find it quite funny.

But that approach at the Albion? Nah, that's actually quite important to me and I genuinely think we'd be much worse off if we lost McGhee now. No-one - not even Richie Morris - knows whether someone whose managerial career has been spent clogging their way out of the conference could do better. Anyway, just my tuppence worth, as you were.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Why not?

We attracted Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell who are far bigger names then Martin Allen.

Neither were managing League clubs at the time

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Do you recognise any of the constraints that MM is operating under?...

Also, there is only one player who MM has really fallen out with, and that player has a track record of pi$$ing managers off... making poor signings is something all managers do...

BTW no better and viable managerial alternative provided by any of the MM-out jokers yet... keep trying...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here