Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for Richie and Kinky

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
gerbil said:
Haven't you worn that f***ing Magoo drum out with all that banging of it recently :rolleyes:

I'm glad someone is.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Who's judgment brought in the two dodgy keepers though?

Seemed to recall we went for Henderson at the time then discovered very late that though he was back at Villa his loan contract was with Notts County until the end of that season. Whose to blame there I have no idea, Villa may have said he's available without checking the contents of the contract. Yelldell was an emergency stopgap because of this, as was Shabaan.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
You've just quoted 3 players there who have shown excellent attitude and commitment to the team in recent weeks, including two of them who have been asked to play in a variety of roles. Did you see OGH star in our victory over Hull and QPR? Did you see Mayo drive himself on to combat a far quicker Saints team? Have you seen Big Mac throw himself at every ball directed towards him in recent weeks? All have stepped up to the mark when called. And this is your criticism of McGhee as a man manager?

I saw Mccammon half heartly chase down some saints defenders.

Uncle Buck said:
Nothing to say to your question as ever it is boring.

But then as your football knowledge is limited to a couple of seasons, best leave heh, rugger bugger.

Carry on embarrassing youself, life-long Superfan :wave: Everyone can see you don't have what it takes to answer any questions about your lazy, unfocused opinions. That's too bad, as others on here will notice that and will challenge you too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we go down we go down it won't be through lack of trying.

We are in a hopeless situation with no revenue stream - other clubs in our position would be in the Conference but through the good judgement and bit of luck with players we have obtained we are in the Championship !

Hopefully with LK out of the way we can concentrate on the football side of things rather than off the field events which have dominated the last few years with Falmer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Carry on embarrassing youself, life-long Superfan :wave: Everyone can see you don't have what it takes to answer any questions about your lazy, unfocused opinions. That's too bad, as others on here will notice that and will challenge you too.

Coming from captain swerve a question:lolol:

Uncle Buck said:
But then you are citing 3 players that will struggle to get contracts at other clubs, where as Knight has fitted himself up with a new employer and had a choice of 2 others. So the attitude can be somewhat different. Not the correct attitude to have, but the chances were somebody would take him on.

EXACTLY!

How much more difficult is it for a manager to motivate fringe players like Mayo or OGH who are as often out of the team than in it? That is often the most difficult task of man management. Yet McGhee does it with these squad players.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
EXACTLY!

How much more difficult is it for a manager to motivate fringe players like Mayo or OGH who are as often out of the team than in it? That is often the most difficult task of man management. Yet McGhee does it with these squad players.

Not really that hard when they are playing for there future.:dunce:

Uncle Buck said:
Go back to the rubgy, placky.

Oops, how long before you recover your composure this time. Five minutes? Ten minutes?

Richie Morris said:
Dennis Wise
Paul Simpson
Danny Wilson
Tony Adams
Martin Allen

Look at this pathetic list.

Danny Wilson - a guy McGhee got sacked from his job at Bristol because we applied the right tactics in a play-off final to win against a stronger team. Now manageing at the bottom of League 1.

Tony Adams - another manager McGhee helped to get sacked. Who remembers 4-0 on Boxing Day against Wycombe? That team are only now just recovering from the disaster of Adams.

Martin Allen - Brentford have been the nearly men of League 1 for how many seasons now? Did Allen take his chance in the play-offs last season? Compare that with McGhee, he took his chance FIRST TIME and got us up.

Dennis Wise - this guy walked out on Millwall like a cry baby because he was told he had to manage the team on more limited resources than previously. Now, with that temperament, how do you he will cope on the fantastic playing and transfer budgets that El Stadio del Withdean can lavish him with? Get f***ing real :dunce:

Paul Simpson - this is my favourite one - he is a fine young manager it is true. But I wonder how many of the Magoo out goons like Kinky, Bucky and Dopey would have stayed loyal to a manager who took his team out of the Football League and down to the conference? What have we seen in the tremendous backbone and loyalty they have displayed towards Mark McGhee that makes you think would think they wouldn't have turned on Simpson like jackals at the first sign of trouble, like.. errrr, falling out of the league? Thankfully, the Carlisle board and fans are made of sterner stuff than our goons and that club has been rewarded with a fine return from this manager.

The lesson is simple with Simpson - LOYALTY. Ask yourself a simple question, do you have that as a Brighton fan?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Exactly. At least 2 of them could well not get new contracts in the summer. Are they going to get fitted up with new clubs of a league standard?

You still overlook the fact that managing players like this fearful for their future can be a nightmare for a manager, they do look around at other options, they do get distracted by fears over their future, they do get paranoid when left out of the team. It is a real challenge to manage these people.

I think at least one of them (OGH) has done well enough to get a new contract like Oatway. Remember him, Bucky? I do believe our first ever strong disagreement on NSC was you lecturing me that he would be found out at this level of football and myself urging you to keep an open mind about his capabilities. That would have been about 15 months ago I think - not bad for an eggchasing addict getting one right over a lifelong Superfan, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here