Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for Richie and Kinky

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rusthall Seagull said:
Now that's a good idea....bing somebody in with little or no experience...but because he is young he will have fresh ideas....sounds like a guarantee to shoot us up the table....

Hasn't done Watford any harm or Luton.

Even tho Newll was sacked by Hartlepool originally

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Arthur Allen
Tommy Walsh
Carol Thatcher
Garth Crooks (if it gets him off the telly)
Des Lynam
Giles Brandreth :glare:

I think listing randon names is really helpful

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
Martin Allen, good call.

Watford Zero either start contributing to the thread or crawl back up McGhee's arse and shut up.
Yeah he's BOUND to come here in present circumstances.

Careful PIERS, Watford zero is beginning to own you.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Richie Morris said:
I just know that anyone I suggest will be laughed and rubbished.

Clearly football is about oppinions and just because someone does not have all the answers and has never been a Championship manager themselves does not mean they are not entitled to one.

If you critice or offer an opinion, it is, in normal circles, expected that you can back up your argument. If you suggest bining McGhee then you need to have a replacement. Suggesting 'a young manager' is not much of an opinion. If you said ' Leroy whatshisface' at Torquay because he's done wonders on sod all money' then that would be acceptable.
BTW, Tudguy lives in Derbyshire which is communiting distance to Sheff which means he doesn't have to uproot/leave his family, and they've a nice new ground ... easy init

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Richie Morris said:
Dennis Wise
Paul Simpson
Danny Wilson
Tony Adams
Martin Allen

Wise - Did OK at Millwall but a little bit volitile - couldn't see him getting on with DK
Simpson - A big, big gamble
Wilson - We were interested in him at one stage and is currently bottom of League 1 .... oh what could have been eh Danny !
Tony Adams - A complete flop at Wycombe
Martin Allen - Probably your most realistic suggestion, but there is no way we could afford to buy him out of his contract and pay McGhee out too

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Piers,

I think you are right, we should list names of managers and players and whoever has the longest list takes over as Chairman. Under no circumstances should we consider anything other than the names.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Simster said:

Why not?

New ground on the way. Lots of emerging young talent in the squad.
Bigger club then he is currently at. Chance to manage in the Championship.
We attracted Peter Taylor and Steve Coppell who are far bigger names then Martin Allen.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Richie Morris said:
You criticise young managers but look how Dowie did at Oldham, Pearce is doing at Man City and Adrian Boothroyd is at Watford.

Dowie did do well in a div below ours, but not as well as MM with Millwall....Man City have not won in 4. I concede Boothroyd but he should be judged on more than just one season....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:

With Allen he is more than likely at present to stay with Brentford, get them up and then jump ship.

But his orginal question, before acting like a combination of Kev and 1066 was show some alternatives and the fact is there are some out there.

Everytime we have advertised for a manager we have had a bucket load of applicants and most of the time we have been able to appoint somebody with a reasonable track record, so this argument that nobody would want to come here does not wash.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rusthall Seagull said:
Dowie did do well in a div below ours, but not as well as MM with Millwall....Man City have not won in 4. I concede Boothroyd but he should be judged on more than just one season....

Oldham were in money problems at the time i believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here