Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Message to the police ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So did someone actually go to the old bill and complain? Because if so if you were the copper taking that statement how could you keep a straight face?

"And then Cheesey Banana called me a wallybrain. And then Dave's Purple Helmet called me a knobber and worst of all Ivabiggun said I was a gaylord! I WANT THEM ALL ARRESTED!"

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Coventrygull - just because NSC/Bozza have decided to take a more strict approach does not mean they've surrendered to a 'police state'. This forum is about the Albion first and foremost, and anything that threatens the existence of NSC should be sent elsewhere. There are other places where people can voice their opinions on all sorts of subjects, race/politics inlcuded. NSC is not one of them and it should not be taken advantage of because of it's easy access to a high number of members.

:albion2: and :albion2: only. Peace.

Its true that this is a site about the Albion first and foremost but the majority of threads are not about the Albion. We have had threads about shower gel. Your favourite film, country etc. Manila seagull even asked us to help with his philosophy essay.

As for the politics threads and those concerning a certain party. You may be surprised but I think I have started one thread about them and that was Euro night. Just had to celebrate. As a Brighton fan on this message board. I feel I have a right to defend said party when posters attack them. If no one started the posts I wouldn't post on them simple.

I think the laid back atmosphere on here is unique. Where can people from different political spectrums argue the toss in a mostly friendly manner. I have a lot of respect for a lot of the posters on here who may be classed as left wing and I think they show me respect.

Its all very sad that it has come down to this. I have even apologised to Bozza. I know how important this board is to people and wouldn't want to disrupt it in any way.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I can't spell Westdene apparently, but I can spell authorities.

Yes, but which of you is the authority on Westdene?:wink:

Attachments

• thought-police.jpg
    thought-police.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 158

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
So did someone actually go to the old bill and complain? Because if so if you were the copper taking that statement how could you keep a straight face?

"And then Cheesey Banana called me a wallybrain. And then Dave's Purple Helmet called me a knobber and worst of all Ivabiggun said I was a gaylord! I WANT THEM ALL ARRESTED!"

:lolol:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Its true that this is a site about the Albion first and foremost but the majority of threads are not about the Albion. We have had threads about shower gel. Your favourite film, country etc. Manila seagull even asked us to help with his philosophy essay.

As for the politics threads and those concerning a certain party. You may be surprised but I think I have started one thread about them and that was Euro night. Just had to celebrate. As a Brighton fan on this message board. I feel I have a right to defend said party when posters attack them. If no one started the posts I wouldn't post on them simple.

I think the laid back atmosphere on here is unique. Where can people from different political spectrums argue the toss in a mostly friendly manner. I have a lot of respect for a lot of the posters on here who may be classed as left wing and I think they show me respect.

Its all very sad that it has come down to this. I have even apologised to Bozza. I know how important this board is to people and wouldn't want to disrupt it in any way.

Fair play to you.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The reason the chattering classes are now chattering like they are, is exactly because of total over reactions like this by the police/goverment.
Exactly. There are over THREE MILLION posts on here. Three Million! That's 3,000,000 when written as a number and somebody found, what one? two? to complain about. And rather then going through our own established but informal channels they went to police. And the police instead of taking a reasonable view (in three million posts there's going to be some that are out of line) threatened Bozza with arrest and started quoting him chapter and verse of the various laws that were put in place to curb the more violent elements of the National Front.

I'm sorry, but those of you blaming 'the racists' aren't thinking hard enough. There's a bigger picture here.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes

Well said.:clap:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Exactly. There are over THREE MILLION posts on here. Three Million! That's 3,000,000 when written as a number and somebody found, what one? two? to complain about. And rather then going through our own established but informal channels they went to police. And the police instead of taking a reasonable view (in three million posts there's going to be some that are out of line) threatened Bozza with arrest and started quoting him chapter and verse of the various laws that were put in place to curb the more violent elements of the National Front.

I'm sorry, but those of you blaming 'the racists' aren't thinking hard enough. There's a bigger picture here.

Good point. Its a crazy world we are living in.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Those of you talking about Police State are thinking too hard. Ridiculous. Some idiot has reported something to the Police - who have acted on it. Again though - if you want to push the boundaries - don't act all pretend-shocked when you hit them.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth

Exactly. Nazi Gull or Ilovegriffin aren't to blame for this one.

A friend of mine got scammed on e-bay for £300. The police as good as laughed at him when he asked him them to do something about it. We don’t deal with Cyber crime they cheerfully say. Here is a number of someone to speak to who will be as equally unhelpful as we have been.

Meanwhile, Someone uses the n or the p word on a footy chat room and they all come out of the wood work like the end of an episode of the Sweeney.

Clearly, this is someone with a grudge with connections in Sussex police. Either that or someone’s priority meter is on the blink.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Those of you talking about Police State are thinking too hard. Ridiculous. Some idiot has reported something to the Police - who have acted on it. Again though - if you want to push the boundaries - don't act all pretend-shocked when you hit them.
But those boundaries are getting narrower and narrower. And no we're not a police state, but surely you can see the signposts (see beorethlem's post)? And yes I do accept that in the wider scheme of things it's a minor, minor issue and not something worth going to the barricades about - but it IS symptomatic of the greater element of control that the authorities wish to excert on our lives.

Like you I'd have moved away from cjd's table, but could he and his friends have been reported? After all they were having what was probably an 'offensive' conversation in a public place, surely the same rules were being broken? It will come to something when saloon bar bores (no offence cjd) aren't allowed to chunter on to their cronies in the pub, but that could be next. Am I being paranoid? Some might say so but I reckon I'm just looking ahead a bit ...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well I would say it has been coming a while. It was all going to blow up on here one way or another. This (like the town) is a pretty tolerant place - but some of the idiots on here have taken advantage of that. It happens in real life and it has happened here.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Personnally I would rather the police spent more time on the streets protecting the public with a high visability presence, or responding to burglaries in a more timely manner, than channelling manpower and time into moderating the internet.

Clearly their budget is far too big at a time when cuts need to be made... :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here